User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:34:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Poor kid!!

I've got two dog stories to share.

When I was a little kid, maybe 4 or 5, I was in the car with my mom driving.  We were stopped at a red light in front of a house where two little black boys a little older than I was were playing with their dog in the front yard.  Right before the light changed the dog ran up in front of my mom's car so close we couldn't see the dog.  The little boys ran up and were calling the dog.  Apparently it went under the car because one of them stretched out prone next to the car to call the dog.  The light changed green and the boys looked on in suprise as my mom sat there and waited for them to get the dog out from under the car even when someone behind us honked.  I guess the jerk behind us would have just run over the dog.

The second story was earlier this year.  There is a dog down the road that like to chase cars.  She was a sweet dog but fairly big, maybe 60 or 70 pounds.  One day I was going out that way and there was the dog.  She passed me on the side of the road when I was going about 20 mph, and I thought "I wonder how fast she can run?"  She was 10 feet off the left side of the road so I started speeding up to clock her with my speedo.  We were going almost 35 and she was still 10 feet off the left side of the road and one or two car lengths in front of me when I guess she got tired.  She didn't just stop, she did a U-turn right in front of me.  I locked the brakes down but it is hard to stop quick on a gravel road.  I  hit her with the bumper knocking her over, then straddled her with the car.  I came to rest with her right under the drives door, yelping like crazy.  Now what?  I can't go forward or back up without running over her.  I don't want to open the door because her head is right below the door andI don't want to be bitten.  After a second or two that seemed to last an hour she slithers out from under the car and runs for home still yelping.  I told the owners teenage daughter who was the only one home at the time.  She said the dog just had a scratched leg and figured that someone hit her so for me not to worry about it.  I felt bad, but the dog doesn't chase cars any more.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:19:14 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Lets see here:  You let your dog run loose in the street and it got killed.  In what way is it anybody's fault but the boy and his parents??????

I think the point of this thread isn't the fact that  the dog got run over or how it happened, but that when it happended the driver didn't care or didn't even notice and drove on.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:22:57 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Lets see here:  You let your dog run loose in the street and it got killed.  In what way is it anybody's fault but the boy and his parents??????

I think the point of this thread isn't the fact that  the dog got run over or how it happened, but that when it happended the driver didn't care or didn't even notice and drove on.

Even if she did, nothing would have changed. The dog was toast; Why stand there and look at it?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top