Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2005 5:42:36 PM EDT
I'll be taking my son to the D.C. area on his spring break. We'll be seeing the Smithsonian and maybe touring the White House. Are there any good indoor ranges in Virginia? Are there any places that rent Class 3 stuff?

I want to be able to plan ahead. Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:48:56 PM EDT
The NRA has a first class range at Fairfax, VA. No clue about rentals. I know MD is out as a state for that, leaving only VA.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:57:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/21/2005 6:02:45 PM EDT by mayday]

Originally Posted By JellyBelly:
I'll be taking my son to the D.C. area on his spring break. We'll be seeing the Smithsonian and maybe touring the White House. Are there any good indoor ranges in Virginia? Are there any places that rent Class 3 stuff?

DC is an awesome city, I've lived in the suburbs all my life.

There are a lot of indoor ranges in VA, if I were you, I'd just go to the NRA range. Its about a 25-minute drive from DC but really easy to get there. All you do is take Constitution AVe in DC all the way up until it turns into Route 66, stay there untill you see a HUGE NRA building with an American Flag standing tall, then take that exit. The NRA has a cool museum, a library and of course a range. They do not rent guns though.

If you want to rent guns go here, its in Rockville, a nearby suburb of DC and somewhat accesible by the Metro Rail. Here's their website:

www.gilbertindoorrange.com/Full_Autos.htm

Have fun in DC, there's tons of stuff to do.

P.S. if you want to blow your kid away, take him to the National Cathedral!!! YOU HAVE TO DO THIS! It is absolutely breathtaking and its right outside of Georgetown, a VERY nice place to walk around and eat lunch and look at shops.

www.cathedral.org/cathedral/discover/gardens/4.shtml

Here are some links to Georgetown, which is in the heart of DC, walking distance to the Cathedral

www.georgetowndc.com/aboutgeorgetown.php

Dont go to the zoo this time of year, all the animals are in hiding cause of the cold.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:06:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/21/2005 6:08:50 PM EDT by scotty1911]
also in glen burnie is a place that rents fa, its not cheap, but if you decide to vist baltimore its only like 20 mins south east from downtown.

edit to add: mayday i will make you gealous i had my high school graduation at the national cathedral, got to walk across the stage in front of the alter and all
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:56:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/21/2005 7:04:37 PM EDT by mayday]

Originally Posted By scotty1911:
also in glen burnie is a place that rents fa, its not cheap, but if you decide to vist baltimore its only like 20 mins south east from downtown.

edit to add: mayday i will make you gealous i had my high school graduation at the national cathedral, got to walk across the stage in front of the alter and all

AHHHH!WOW thats great. Mine was in Constitution Hall in DC. Not too bad either.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:58:27 PM EDT
Vist your Congress critters and say hi.

Most will take you on a tour of the Capitol if you ask in advance.

Mine did for our school group.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:02:11 AM EDT
Indoor ranges that rent in Northern Virginia:

www.shootersparadise.com/
www.gilbertrange.com/
www.blueridgearsenal.com/

I guess you know that having a firearm (or even a single round of ammunition) can get you locked up in DC.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:44:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/22/2005 4:51:23 AM EDT by hardcorps1775]
the range rents f/a but it's kinda far from dc (50 mi?). don't forget to do the museum at the nra range!

the marine corps war memorial is right across the river in arlington. too early to see the sunset parade but they have the evening parades starting in may at 8th & i...

there's also good shopping and eats in old town alexandria. oh yeah, don't forget "good guys" up on wisconsin!

do you guys really think nat'l cathedral is that close to g'town?

ETA: over in the va hometown forums we have a list of ranges here. lists locations, hours, costs, etc.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:51:37 AM EDT

Originally Posted By hardcorps1775:

do you guys really think nat'l cathedral is that close to g'town?

no but the metro takes you pretty close, it is on the maryland side of DC
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:36:30 AM EDT
I don't know of any ranges, but I can think of two other places to go while you're there:
National Air and Space Museum's Udvar-Hazy Center(much better than the one on the mall)
Allsports Grand Prix.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:44:53 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mayday:

Originally Posted By JellyBelly:

DC is an awesome city, I've lived in the suburbs all my life.

There are a lot of indoor ranges in VA, if I were you, I'd just go to the NRA range. Its about a 25-minute drive from DC but really easy to get there. All you do is take Constitution AVe in DC all the way up until it turns into Route 66, stay there untill you see a HUGE NRA building with an American Flag standing tall, then take that exit. The NRA has a cool museum, a library and of course a range. They do not rent guns though.

If you want to rent guns go here, its in Rockville, a nearby suburb of DC and somewhat accesible by the Metro Rail. Here's their website:

www.gilbertindoorrange.com/Full_Autos.htm

Have fun in DC, there's tons of stuff to do.

P.S. if you want to blow your kid away, take him to the National Cathedral!!! YOU HAVE TO DO THIS! It is absolutely breathtaking and its right outside of Georgetown, a VERY nice place to walk around and eat lunch and look at shops.

www.cathedral.org/cathedral/discover/gardens/4.shtml

Here are some links to Georgetown, which is in the heart of DC, walking distance to the Cathedral

www.georgetowndc.com/aboutgeorgetown.php

Dont go to the zoo this time of year, all the animals are in hiding cause of the cold.

National Cathedral is the largest gothic cathedral in the Western Hemisphere.

You'll need to go to Europe to see anything comparable. It's a must-see
Top Top