Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:33:29 AM EDT
[#1]
The Dirtbag got what he deserved!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:10:55 AM EDT
[#2]
From what I read here, and the details from the current news stories - Good shooting.

The latest news report states he was done with the beating a robbing stuff... and on his way out of the establishment when police arrived.  So (if that is correct) it wasnt for "severe bodily injury to another person" that police were trying to stop at the time of the shooting.  Basically, all the stories state when confronted, "he raised his weapon" and was then shot numerous times.

Let me paint this scenario, see what you guys think.  This may be where the family is going, right or wrong:

Bad guy is walking out of donut shop with a gun, reports of aggravated roberry bring you to the scene.  As you drive up and begin to exit the patrol car, BG is walking out front door, weapon in hand.  He stops when he sees you.  You draw and order him to the ground.  (I assume that is what you do)  He immediately raises both hands in order to place them above his head - like he has seen in the movies....

Obviously - he didnt do as ordered, and with a weapon, you have to protect your own safety.  Do you shoot - because the weapon is in motion, and not the motion you ordered?  Do you wait until it is starting to be pointed in your direction?  I know these are split seconds.... hell millisenconds.... and I am not playing armchair quarterback.

That being said - you rob a place, you beat a clerk, you got a gun.... dont go crying to mama if you get killed.  Imminent threat or not.... you made that choice.  You can die by it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:20:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd love to see some poetic justice in this case. Something like the cops file a civil lawsuit against the family for the pain and mental anguish the boy caused by forcing them to use deadly force against him and also requesting reimbursement for the bullets used, gun cleaning, and the dry cleaning of there uniforms.

THEN...

The donut shop filing a lawsuit against the family for the pain and mental anguish the boy caused along with the lost revenue they suffered do to this.

I'm sure Tookie Williams greeted the boy with open arms
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:27:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Just let him tough them....let him touch those things....let him touch those donuts!

(Celine Dion breakdown on allowing looters after Katrina to continue "touching those things.")
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:30:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Fucking tribalism sucks.

This perp NEEDED to die.  Those cops simply filled a need with a bit of bleach for the gene pool.  

Well Done to the LEOs!!!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:39:22 AM EDT
[#6]
"We're here to raise questions as to the amount of force used to murder an individual and to stop the open season on young African-American men in the community."

Well if you point a gun at a cop expect to get shot. I mean come the fuck on. If the guy was white he'd be just as dead from doing the same fucking thing. Why the fuck does it always have to be about fucking race and not the actions of the individual. Stupid don't know color.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:45:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Two Midlothian police officers went on paid leave Monday as State Police began investigating the officers' decision to gun down an alleged robber who climbed through a doughnut shop's drive-up window and pistol-whipped an employee.

I love the way the newspaper has worded this first sentence. The use of the words "gun down" make it sound more like what a thug does to someone they were robbing, not the police trying to protect hemselves. You gotta love the liberal media slant!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:57:12 AM EDT
[#8]
When does society break down?  I mean, at what point do we get to say "game over", and just start killing the stupid mother fuckers who need to be killed?  This planet needs to get rid of some of the dead wood.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:19:33 AM EDT
[#9]

"We're not here today to argue innocence or guilt," said the Rev. Lance Davis of New Zion Christian Fellowship in Dolton. "We're here to raise questions as to the amount of force used to murder an individual and to stop the open season on young African-American men in the community."

Yeah, right.  If we consider "innocence or guilt" it would make the thug responsible for what happened.  Can't have that now, eh?

I say it is open season on anyone, regardless of race, who pistol whips an innocent victim and points a gun at the cops.

This "Rev." needs to teach his flock personal responsibility.  He could learn a thing or two from Rev. Jesse Peterson.

Oh yeah, DON'T MESS WITH THE DONUTS!  That should have been another point in Chris Rock's video.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:45:07 AM EDT
[#10]
WTF!!!!!
There is an open season??????
Is there a bag limit???????
I thought SCUM were in season year round with no bag limit.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:11:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
If that was sarcasm it was in bad taste.

=

Quoted:
F-U-C-K  Y-O-U  

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:12:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Just let him tough them....let him touch those things....let him touch those donuts!

(Celine Dion breakdown on allowing looters after Katrina to continue "touching those things.")

I was aiming to mix the two together, but failed to do as good a job as you (and found some real a$$holes along the way).
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:57:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I was aiming to mix the two together, but failed to do as good a job as you (and found some real a$$holes along the way).

oneSoneK

Active Stats
Communication

Posts Per Day ::

Last Login Date ::
12/22/2005 6:19:58 PM EST

Last Post Date ::
12/22/2005 6:37:45 PM EST

12/20/2005

Team Member ::
No

NJ, USA

Hmmmmmmm. Makes you wonder if DU let out the more interesting s this weekend.

Good way to make friends quick here buddy.

From one of the "a$$holes"!

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:33:29 PM EDT
[#14]
I'd like to thank RABIDFOX50 for proving my point.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:38:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

"We're not here today to argue innocence or guilt," said the Rev. Lance Davis of New Zion Christian Fellowship in Dolton. "We're here to raise questions as to the amount of force used to murder an individual and to stop the open season on young African-American men in the community."

Hey Lance, point a gun at me and you can bet I'll go open season on your ass too, you shit-stain.

Literarlly.

Sheep
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:46:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
From what I read here, and the details from the current news stories - Good shooting.

The latest news report states he was done with the beating a robbing stuff... and on his way out of the establishment when police arrived.  So (if that is correct) it wasnt for "severe bodily injury to another person" that police were trying to stop at the time of the shooting.  Basically, all the stories state when confronted, "he raised his weapon" and was then shot numerous times.

Let me paint this scenario, see what you guys think.  This may be where the family is going, right or wrong:

Bad guy is walking out of donut shop with a gun, reports of aggravated roberry bring you to the scene.  As you drive up and begin to exit the patrol car, BG is walking out front door, weapon in hand.  He stops when he sees you.  You draw and order him to the ground.  (I assume that is what you do)  He immediately raises both hands in order to place them above his head - like he has seen in the movies....

Obviously - he didnt do as ordered, and with a weapon, you have to protect your own safety.  Do you shoot - because the weapon is in motion, and not the motion you ordered?  Do you wait until it is starting to be pointed in your direction?  I know these are split seconds.... hell millisenconds.... and I am not playing armchair quarterback.

That being said - you rob a place, you beat a clerk, you got a gun.... dont go crying to mama if you get killed.  Imminent threat or not.... you made that choice.  You can die by it.

As they say...

"Live by the sword, die by the sword."
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:03:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Wait a minute here.  This is total .
Handguns are illegal in Chicago.  There's no way this could have happened.  

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:14:52 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm glad this creep-and anyone like him-are made to go away permanently.

HH
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:38:57 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

FYI-

Despite Hizzonner Richard "Da King of da world" Daley's best attempts through his shills in Springfield continually proposing Daley-esque legislation, the balance of  Illinois does not constitute the "51st Ward" of Chicago.

I wish we could de-annex Chicago and let Daley really be "Da King" and leave the rest of Illinois alone.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:39:34 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

FYI-

Despite Hizzonner Richard "Da King of da world" Daley's best attempts through his shills in Springfield continually proposing Daley-esque legislation, the balance of  Illinois does not constitute the "51st Ward" of Chicago.

I wish we could de-annex Chicago and let Daley really be "Da King" and leave the rest of Illinois alone.

How about the citizens of Chicago send that steaming pile of shit out of town in exile and take the city back?  
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:42:12 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
who cares what 'color' the crook was--he got what was appropriate

....to stop the open season on young African-American men in the community."

welcome to my lovley f*&^%$g state.....
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:50:10 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
chrysler.websitewelcome.com/~user1010/fun/donuts3.jpg

chrysler.websitewelcome.com/~user1010/fun/donuts.jpg

i feel out of my chair ........

i gotta send this to my brother in law "hes five o"

iam a firefighter we have a nice rivalary goin lol
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:07:01 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I'd like to thank RABIDFOX50 for proving my point.

You're  welcome
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:46:36 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Pounds allegedly pointed the gun at them. The officers then opened fire, shattering two windows and a door.

Pounds "allegedly" pointed a gun at them.  OK, fair play:  "The officers ALLEGEDLY then opened fired..."
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:15:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Coppers 1, scumbags 0.

Good shooting. The world is a better place.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:30:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Midlothian is a suburb soth of Chicago, as is Dolton. I live roughly halfway between them.

Below are letters to the editor from a local paper: The Daily Southtown.

Family should ask themselves

Friday, December 23, 2005

I read and heard on the news about the shooting of the man who robbed a Dunkin' Donuts in Midlothian. I think the family should look to themselves for answers to why the suspect was crawling through a window and pistol-whipped an employee of the establishment.

I wonder what action they would have done if the same thing would have happened to them. It is high time people are accountable for their actions. If someone commits a crime, points a gun at someone and makes a decision to rob, hurt and even possibly kill someone, then he made his decisions, and the consequences of his actions was being shot and killed.

He had a gun; he used it to pistol whip an employee; he pointed it at an officer. He is responsible for his own death.

To the family members if you cared so much, where were you when he decided to take this route?

Pamela Gray
Hammond, Ind.

Facts don't justify headline

Please put me in my place if I'm wrong, but from what I can tell this man was attempting to rob the shop, then produced a weapon which made it an armed robbery, beat the hell out of one of the employees, then when he saw police he pointed his gun at them.

Police then shot him.

Those are the facts you give in your article, so why is your headline "Police shooting justified?"

What's with the question mark? I'm no lawyer, but that case sounds like a slam dunk to me.

Tony Caturano
Orland Park

Why the question mark?

Let me preface this by saying I am not a subscriber to the Daily Southtown but do occasionally read the articles that are relevant on the Internet.

I am a Chicago police officer and I live in the West Beverly neighborhood, and I am outraged by the slant taken in the Dec. 20, 2005, article about the police shooting that occurred in Midlothian. I have never been angered enough by a piece of writing that I had to send a letter to the editor. Until today!

From the headline of "Police Shooting Justified?" at the start it is apparent that you have taken the side of the "gentleman" who was robbing the Dunkin' Donuts at gunpoint and happened to get killed.

What evidence do you have that this was not justified that would warrant the question mark in the headline?

Each witness that was interviewed stated the police were justified except the omnipresent ministers and family members who come forward to get in on the inevitable lawsuit. May I ask where they were when this misguided creature was committing his crime?

Your first paragraph informs us that it was Mr. Pounds' birthday. Well whoop-de-do! That is extremely relevant to the case, huh?

The man (and I use that term loosely) was robbing a store at GUNPOINT! Would you care that it was his birthday if the employee were related to you? How about the police officers who will now undoubtedly have nightmares about the gun that was pointed at them?

Do you think the upcoming holidays they will share with their families will be a little bit more somber knowing that they could have been killed by an idiot who created havoc for a living?

How about your next paragraph where the offender's brother is interviewed and also later in the article where there is a statement about how he "hoped" to start a job in the spring? Must be nice not to have to work 'til then, huh?

And he was "striving to stay on the right track."

BY ROBBING A STORE? ARMED?!

Police officers are people, too. Why don't you think about that next time you right a touching story about the poor family who will be missing their felon this Christmas.

This is merely another example of a misguided cry of racism as that offender needed to be stopped by lethal force whether he was white, black, Hispanic or Oriental.

Sometimes when the threat is elevated, criminals need to be killed and this criminal needed to be killed.

I wish a Merry Christmas to each of the officers involved and extend to them a hearty "well done."

As for you, I would hope that in the future you show some better judgment in your writing.

Andrew McGlynn
Chicago

Focus on the facts

How can you even title this article with a question mark? Let me guess, Bobby Pounds went to Dunkin' Donuts because he likes the coffee. I mean every citizen goes to Dunkin' Donuts carrying a gun.

Let's stay focused on the facts. Unfortunately, one of the facts is the offender is an African-American. I did not read anything about the ethnic background of the victim that was just doing his/her job at Dunkin' Donuts.

Let's not allow some so-called reverend to skew the facts by trying to make the offender a victim. Bobby Pounds chose to commit a brutal crime, knowing there could be severe consequences for his actions.

This is not an issue about open season on African-Americans, it is an issue about a violent offender making a bad decision. I find Rev. Lance Davis' comments to be an insult to all law-abiding Americans.

The police responded to the actions of Bobby Pounds.

The police are sworn to protect persons and property. An offender beating a victim up while holding a gun is clearly a threat to the victim. I am sure if Rev. Davis was the victim, working his job at Dunkin Donuts that night, he would have been glad that the police prevented any further tragedy.

This incident is tragic, but let's not forget who initiated the seriousness of the incident.

M. O'Hern
Tinley Park

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:10:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Most LEOs have a standing SOP or policy of increasing the use of force above the level used against the LEO, and/or innocent persons. Mine does and we will not second guess this in front of a suspect (I.E. POS) who has a weapon in hand (PLAIN SIGHT) and has the means to use it on anyone in the area he has line of sight to. To those DU idiots out there who claim excessive use of force and all that BS I say this, better I go home to my family, and/or innocent person go home to theirs than any POS!

And yes, he/she/it is a PIECE OF SHIT no matter race, color, creed.
oneSoneK................Merry Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:15:57 AM EDT
[#28]

And he was "striving to stay on the right track."

What is realy shameful is that some people will believe that statement! I guess in his own little fantasy world, pistol whipping people and robbing are THE way of "staying on the right track?"
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:07:08 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
WTF?  There was no reason to shoot him, none at all.

They could have just given him the couple bucks from the register and let him go on his way.  He's a good kid, just very poor.  We should let him tough some money, for the first time, just let him touch it.

Edited to add...

If that was sarcasm it was in bad taste.

If you were serious then... Go back to the DU ya damn troll.  So you're actually saying that if you live below the poverty level you have the right to pistol whip someone to death for a few bucks?  My mom was held at gunpoint and then punched in the face by some shitbag back in the 80's when she worked at a Ramada Inn.  All for a few bucks.  Just as easily could have been her.  Two big words for you pal....

F-U-C-K  Y-O-U

ETAA: O yeah... rant off.

I guess you're not picking up on the reference he is making to Celin Dion comments about the Katrina "victims/criinals"

lighten up
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top