Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2005 8:48:04 AM EDT
http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Forest/2021/recluse/intro.html  (can someone make this hot)

Don't know if is this is new information but this seemed so important I had to post it.  Transdermal Nitroglycerine Patches, usually used for angina pain, can prevent and can even reverse the massive tissue destruction from the bite.  I know this has been a big topic on here and for folks in the south.  Anyway, check out the link and pass it on.  Here's an excerpt:

"The etiology is the powerful, vasoconstricting properties of the venom, as the mechanism of necrotic arachnidism, which causes the smail arteries to spasm with resultant loss of blood supply to the bite area. This sets up a cycle of ulceration and tissue loss through ischemia and gangrene. Systemic medication alone is unable to penetrate the lesion because of the barrier zone produced by the spastic occlusion of the arteries.

However...a nitroglycerin patch can penetrate through the skin, into the interstitial fluid and into the capillaries, rapidly dilating the vessels. This is evidenced by the quick onset of a nitroglycerin headache as circulation into the occluded area is re-established from the edges inward. The pathologic process ceases and healing begins. When a nitro patch is administered early, as in the first 48 hours, no lesion ever develops!  Delay treatment three to four weeks and a 5 cm ulcer will develop, requiring three months of treatment with the nitroglycerin patches. Even with delayed treatment, however, the degenerative process is reversed. The body heals itself. There is no need for surgery with its debilitating effects, potential complications and severe scarring. "

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:48:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:52:50 AM EDT
[#2]
For God's sake just don't use Cipro. It is far too expensive...
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:52:56 AM EDT
[#3]
That's pretty slick!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:14:53 AM EDT
[#4]
AWESOME, are these patches a controlled item?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:19:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Sounds interesting, but why is it on Geocities????
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:20:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Probably need a prescription but maybe not.  I'd check foriegn pharmacys.  Heck, I'd like to have some in my first aid kit.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:21:59 AM EDT
[#7]
tag
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:26:00 AM EDT
[#8]
What do those patches do when you hit them with a hammer?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:27:24 AM EDT
[#9]
FWIW, I have posted this product link on many ocassions here, as this product works, especially on brown recluse spider bites....

www.pascalite.com/Products.htm

I buy it by the pound as it's so cheap and YES, I have used on two ocassions when bitten and nothing I have found is easier or works better.

Mike

ps - spider bites are just one of the uses for this product. I brush my teeth with it, have used it on bullet wounds, skin rashes, burns and many other maladys, check it out, you won't want to be caught in the boonies without it, as it'll even stop gangrene dead in it's tracks....
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:53:34 AM EDT
[#10]
I wonder how effective gunpowder held against the skin with a taped gauze would be.  Probably just as good, if you got the right dose.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top