Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2005 6:33:14 AM EDT

I have asked this elsewhere, I thought AR-15 might also have some good ideas. Thinking about doing a Commercial. After a pivate training class for some local Well-to-do folks that are always doing commercials for their little businesses, they made some convincing arguments that they are a very valid route for us. The numbers would seem to work out well.  Also if anyone has some experience in this matter such as cost of production and how much local spots might be (guidlines anyways) that would be helpful as well. It is my understanding (as with many things) I can negotiate witht he stations.

It would be interesting to hear your thoughts on this matter and how you would direct such a commercial.

Here are some stats. I know in 30 seconds you cant get all of this in, but what do you think is important.

Range has a great location. Town has grown up around it.
CHL classes with covered CHL range
Private Training classes (basic shooting stuff and more advanced)
Gunsmithing
Ladies night
Longest Rifle Range in Town (300yards)
Pistol Range
Private Berms
Dedicated Bianchi Plate Range
Dedicated Silhouette and Hogans Alley Range
Dedicated IPSC/IDPA berms
Leagues
Stocking dealer with store front
Large selection of rental guns
Class III dealer and rentals
Tactical/Dynamic shooting friendly
Covered areas on many berms with picnic tables
Friendly staff
Shoot all day as many guns as you want on the public areas for $7.50
Annual Memberships
Open 7 days a week 10-8 with lighting for after dark.

We have some ideas now but would like to hear some other input.

Have at it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:45:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:49:43 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I have asked this elsewhere, I thought AR-15 might also have some good ideas. Thinking about doing a Commercial. After a pivate training class for some local Well-to-do folks that are always doing commercials for their little businesses, they made some convincing arguments that they are a very valid route for us. The numbers would seem to work out well.  Also if anyone has some experience in this matter such as cost of production and how much local spots might be (guidlines anyways) that would be helpful as well. It is my understanding (as with many things) I can negotiate witht he stations.

It would be interesting to hear your thoughts on this matter and how you would direct such a commercial.

Here are some stats. I know in 30 seconds you cant get all of this in, but what do you think is important.

Gunsmithing
Ladies night
Pistol Range
Private Berms
Leagues
Friendly staff
Annual Memberships

Have at it.

30 seconds:

Ladies Nite
Private Training
Friendly Staff
Ladies Nite

In that order.

And throw in some shots of Ladies with the Class III toys... in bikinis... the womez in the bikinis, not the Class III stuff...

Is that helpful?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:53:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Ok, I would have the first scene open with a father and son shooting .22, and then have a young beautiful woman being trained to defend herself, then have a deer hunter sighting in a deer rifle, then a gunsmith fixing a revolver, and then get into the plated falling from a tac-ed out LE officer with an ar, then have a shot of the guns for sale, and then go to a skeet shooter with a OU ,and then a picture of a target getting hit three times and then the camera pulls back to the line of fire to show a class of CCW trainees getting qualified.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:55:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Start off in an office setting and and this guy is kissing the bosses ass and there are coworkers sitting there hating it.

Then the voice over comes on....   Hate when people blow smoke at work?  Come do it here!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:56:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gunsmithing
Ladies night
Pistol Range
Private Berms
Leagues
Friendly staff
Annual Memberships

Have at it.

30 seconds:

Ladies Nite
Private Training
Friendly Staff
Ladies Nite

In that order.

And throw in some shots of Ladies with the Class III toys... in bikinis... the womez in the bikinis, not the Class III stuff...

Is that helpful?

+1
Class III, women in bikinis... women in bikinis..
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:57:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Does your range have a website?

If so, I'd use the commerical for the stronger selling points (Stocking dealer with store front,
Large selection of rental guns, CHL classes with covered CHL range, Private Training classes,
Shoot all day as many guns as you want on the public areas for $7.50), and direct viewers to the webite
where they could find out more info at their own time and pace.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:01:15 AM EDT
[#7]
First twenty seconds I would make it look like a family event or something to do on a date.  Show pictures of proud fathers next to their wives, sons or daughters with their targets.  Make sure they all have shit eating happy and proud grins.  Show some of the classes.  Show someone taking apart a gun for cleaning.  Show some one on one basic gun training/safety.  I would market most of the commercial to newbies/families, you are trying to increase traffic to your business.  Spend the final ten seconds on your advanced classes.  

I would go more with pictures than video(cheaper)  Have rotating text on the screen the whole time saying things like.

Gunsmithing
Ladies night
Pistol Range
Private Berms
Leagues
Friendly staff
Annual Memberships

But with that much stuff you might want two or three commercials.  Make them all the same picture wise (it will be much cheaper) but have different text.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:02:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Question for us Texans, where in texas is this place located it sounds SWEET!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:13:01 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Question for us Texans, where in texas is this place located it sounds SWEET!

+1
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:14:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Some good ideas mixed with the BS.

Focus on skeet, target shooting, gunsmithing, store front, hunters, and supplies if you carry them in the store.

Don't scare the sheeple. Keep it family oriented and non-threatening.

Av.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:15:15 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I would market most of the commercial to newbies/families, you are trying to increase traffic to your business.  

That is the goal, most shooters have already voted with their dollars and chosen a range to shoot at. We are trying to give a call to action for those who dont shoot much or would be enticed by the idea.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:17:50 AM EDT
[#12]
BTW, Skeet is one thing we dont have. We are in San Antonio , which has some premier trap and skeet ranged, it would not be cost effective to try and compete with that.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:24:13 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I would market most of the commercial to newbies/families, you are trying to increase traffic to your business.  

That is the goal, most shooters have already voted with their dollars and chosen a range to shoot at. We are trying to give a call to action for those who dont shoot much or would be enticed by the idea.

Try to steal shooters from other ranges too.  You can see from Cold he might make a switch.  Maybe offer a free trip/entry for people with other range memberships?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:38:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Install a swimming pool at the range.  Open the scence with a guy in camo speedos walking into the pool with his AR...
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:41:05 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Install a swimming pool at the range.  Open the scence with a guy in camo speedos walking into the pool with his AR...

Funny thing is, There is a swimming pool, a nice one at that with a sporty hot tub....but what you suggest wont be happening.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:35:03 AM EDT
[#16]
While I understand all the comments about women in Bikinis, that is not quite what we are going for.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:28:36 PM EDT
[#17]
I cant believe this has not had more replies. If you are around here and come up with an idea we use, I will put you on TV

BTW, something interesting, If you say "Show guns" well.......that wont get you your 15 minutes of fame.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top