Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2001 6:22:04 PM EDT
Did Rock River Arms EVER make preban rifles???

Could somebody give me the Preban/Postban serial number list???

Thanks.

BISHOP
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 6:26:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Considering they are only a couple of years old, NO!
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 6:32:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 6:43:28 PM EDT
[#3]
The current Rock River Arms lowers are marked with PWA markings
View Quote

None that I've seen, and I've handled hundreds of RRA rifles and receivers in the past few weeks.

We also spent an afternoon at the factory, and nowhere was there any sign of PWA on any of the current production stripped lowers.  We saw everything from raw castings in a box, to forgings in the polishing room, to racks of both stripped and complete lowers.

I think the PWA stuff is actually from existing stock that was purchased in the beginning, but then again, I could be dead wrong.
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 7:41:12 PM EDT
[#4]
THANKS GUYS.

I needed to help out a friend that is buying a AR that the dealer states is a preban RRA?!!?!I am going to look at the gun tomorrow and will probably call the ATF on this crappy dealer later tomorrow...

Does anybody have a URL to the serial number list anyway???

BISHOP
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 7:51:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Here is the link to the old boards serial number list, hope this is what you were wanting.

[url]http://old.ar15.com/legal/serialNumberList.asp[/url]

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 6:38:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
THANKS GUYS.

I needed to help out a friend that is buying a AR that the dealer states is a preban RRA?!!?!I am going to look at the gun tomorrow and will probably call the ATF on this crappy dealer later tomorrow...

Does anybody have a URL to the serial number list anyway???

BISHOP
View Quote

"call the ATF on this crappy dealer..."

Try informing the dealer that there is no such thing as a preban RRA.  Give him RRA's phone number.

Call the ATF?  Try to help out the guy before being a whiner.  Why not be helpful before screwing him over?  Honest mistakes and confusion DOES happen...
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 8:06:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Calling it a pre ban doesn't make it a pre ban and the ATF won't give a rats ass what he calls it as long as it's not in the pre ban configuration. If it is they will probably just confiscate it. The ATF doesn't really care much about a small time dealer with questionable scruples.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 8:15:03 AM EDT
[#8]
WELL after all that the RRA was a postban(Duh) but admitted. It was the Bushmaster that was a preban, but even that is VERY questionable.
The Bushy's serial number was L03XXXX well below the L05XXXX cut-off, but the reciever doesn't even have a scratch while the parts kit it's on is the CRAPPIEST, USED, A1, Reservest parts kit.  All warn parts, with finish missing in several places and numbers painted on the stock...
ALL that the dealer was stating the gun was "a preban Bushmaster and wanted $1700.00!!!! TOTAL BULLSHIT!!!!!!   I didn't see the barrel but the rifleing was probably gone.

BISHOP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top