Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2005 3:34:43 PM EDT
    Just finished an AR-15 carbine for my eighteen year old daughter's Christmas present.  CMMG lower with a six position M-4 style stock,  CMMG 14.5 lightweight barrel with permenant Vortex flash hider, CAR handguards, flattop upper and a picattinny gas block.  I have been kind of fishing her out about the features she liked best on some of my AR's and I think I have a combo that will please her.  I still have to do something about a red-dot sight, but I have a BSA she can use until she decides if she wants an Aimpoint or an Eotec.  Either one would make a good birthday present.  Before anyone jumps in about pictures, I left the digital at work, and no I won't post pictures of the daughter!
     So how about it, who else is building or buying an AR-15 for somebody for Christmas?  Or, who is building or buying an AR for themselves for Christmas?  How many of you go out and buy the gun you want and give it to the wife to give to you on Christmas?  I usually find what I want and them get my Dad to "suggest" it to my wife.  Beats the heck out of ties and socks!  
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:03:09 PM EDT
[#1]
well hopefully getting myself one.  if i can find someone who will sell me a lower i'll get a couple.  then hope that the california DOJ adds my lowers to the ban list and opens registration for them.  then build the gun i've been wanting the last 5 years
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:07:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Built a sweet 1911 for my pop-n-law.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:07:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I built one m4gery for my brother, then decided to build one for myself.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:07:20 PM EDT
[#4]
My brother's getting all the parts for an AK build (Romanian 63 kit, bent reciever, US parts kit, and a note saying I'll help him put it all together), except the rivets because I cant find a set with the center support. I figure it's his combined Christmas and (6mo early) graduation present, since its a lot more than we normally give for Christmas.

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:10:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I have been contemplating building one, but not sure if it is worth it
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:17:55 PM EDT
[#6]
It's always worth it....

Quoted:
I have been contemplating building one, but not sure if it is worth it

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:20:34 PM EDT
[#7]
For Christmas and for my son's graduation from USMC Basic. I'm building him an A4gery so he can build muscle memory when training off duty. I sent the lower off to likemopar (in the EE) to have the USMC logo engraved on the right side of the magwell. I think I'm as stoked as he will be when I give it to him.
January 20th can't come fast enough.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:27:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm building a dedidcted 22LR for my 12 yo daughter.... it isn't completed, and won't be before I give it to her, but all it needs is an A1 stock assembly... and I need to send the barrel out to ADCO for some FH work...but that can be later.  

No Expert
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:31:58 PM EDT
[#9]
6.8 SPC of some sort, for me.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:39:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a 2005 ARFCOM/Bushmaster SEBR M4 on the way for myself.  With any luck, it'll show up this week.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top