Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2005 5:43:30 PM EDT
I went to the orthopedic doctor today, and he took xrays of my shoulder.  One of my collar bones or something has shifted downwards and has a bone spur on it.  Said I might have tendenitus(sp?)  I will be going to physical theropy next week.  He wants me to come back in a month for a mri to check for damage.  

Now here is the suggested treatments:

Physical theropy, alieve for pain

Cortizone(sp?) shot

Surgery

What other options are there?  

I would have never figured this for a 25 yr old.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:07:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:22:31 PM EDT
[#2]
i hear ya brother,im on my third spinal fusion and am moving unto my neck issues now. Some people find the injections work wonders. Ask them for the longer lasting oxycodone instead of the 5mg ones you have to take more often. Try some stuff like Neurontin or Lyrica. Lyrica is working great for me right now with nerve and bone pain.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:34:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
That sucks Can you still shoot?

Right handed

So it looks like I need another bipod.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:04:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Get the cortizone shot and then start lifting weights. That wil cure your shoulder problems.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:33:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Get the cortizone shot and then start lifting weights. That wil cure your shoulder problems.

Wont the cortisone shot start to mess up stuff in the long run?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:44:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wont the cortisone shot start to mess up stuff in the long run?

His brother in law told him it was OK.

Remembering my foot tendonitis, my shoulder screw up (showing the boys you don't need a boogie board to body surf), and my son's separated shoulder (football), I'm thinking you have two separated and maybe different problems.  Physical Therapy is usually nice but over kill for tendonitis, over the counter anti-inflammatories are usually enough.  (Tendonitis caused by a bruising or irritation of the sheath the tendon is in.)  But if the tendonitis is being caused by the bone spur or misplaced collarbone, in other words the tendon is being bent where it isn't supposed to be bent, then PT or anti-inflammatories ain't going to do it.  Surgery to correct the bone spur and/or the displacement might be the only cure.

IMHO cortizone and lifitng are NOT the answer.  Cortizone overkill or masks the pain, may help some with swelling, but the underlying problem is still there.  Weight lifting may worsen the displacement.  
Top Top