Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2005 1:34:32 PM EDT
Douglas pushes for tighter gun control

02/12/2005 - 10:28:39  

Fatal attraction star Michael Douglas is planning to lobby the US government for tighter gun control, because he's still haunted by rocker John Lennon's 1980 shooting death.

Lennon was murdered outside his New York City apartment building by Mark Chapman, and the event is one of the major reasons why Douglas wants to use his position as a United Nations Messenger of Peace to lobby for disarmament.

He says: "I was there the night John Lennon was shot, three blocks away. It left a lasting impression on me.

"It motivated me to do whatever I could to lobby for small-arms control."

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:35:48 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Fatal attraction star Michael Douglas is planning to lobby the US government for tighter gun control, because he's still haunted by rocker John Lennon's 1980 shooting death.

Lennon was murdered outside his New York City apartment building by Mark Chapman, and the event is one of the major reasons why Douglas wants to use his position as a United Nations Messenger of Peace to lobby for disarmament.

He says: "I was there the night John Lennon was shot, three blocks away. It left a lasting impression on me.

Old news and its a Dupe
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:37:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Heed.

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:37:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I remember when abraham lincoln was assasinated. It was 140+ years ago.

But it left a lasting impression on me.

From that day, i learned not to be the guy at the theater with the tall hat.

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:38:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Heed  his call.

Hey, just be glad it didn't say "want's"
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:40:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Heed  his call.

Hey, just be glad it didn't say "want's"

Heh...

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:41:33 PM EDT
[#6]
So, being three blocks away puts you "there?"
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:43:10 PM EDT
[#7]
It puts the lotion on its skin.........
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:43:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Some folks hold on too tightly.....

The UN really needs to get rid of these 'messengers of peace' and find some 'instructors of reality' or 'messengers of honesty' or something like that.

Yeah, and I watched 9/11 live on TV, so I guess *I* am special, too?

Gov't-subsidized defensive handgun training! WooHoo!

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:44:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I witnessed a dude take a fat chick home from the bar one night and never forgot it.

We must ban overwieght lovers!!!  For the children!!!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:48:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
So, being three blocks away puts you "there?"

Well, I was just up the street in Syracuse, when it happened. He's right. Felt like I was there.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:53:40 PM EDT
[#11]
What we really need is to keep these fucking self-righteous liberal hack actors from trying to fuck with shit that they don't understand. That's okay....the day is coming when Hollyweird won't be relevant anymore. All the good movies will be rendered entirely by computers.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:56:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Wow. Is it last week again already?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:56:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Then what you need is therapy, not gun control.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:56:13 PM EDT
[#14]
I was three blocks away from a hotel where Paul Mcartney once took a dump, and I plan on lobbying congress for LOOSER gun regulations.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:59:37 PM EDT
[#15]
I guess no one ever told that idiot that handguns have been banned (unless you have a permit)  in NYC since the 30's. I guess John Lennon's murderer didn't get that memo. Didn't he use a .38 revolver to shoot Lennon?

Maybe Douglas thinks we should double-ban them.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:59:53 PM EDT
[#16]

"I was there the night John Lennon was shot, three blocks away. It left a lasting impression on me."

He was coked out of his mind - and didn't learn about the shooting until 2 days later - but it left a lasting impression on him.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:00:07 PM EDT
[#17]
I was just around the corner in City Of Industry (just south of South "Vatoville" El Monte) and I break down every time I remember the shooting...
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:02:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Another Hollywood goofball trying to flatter himself. Who the hell would want to stalk Douglas?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:04:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Doesn't Douglas have a new movie coming out with him being a Secret Service agent or something?

Wonder if it bothers him , if at all, to make a living portraying people that have had to use small arms to save their own or anothers life.

Probably not.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:07:18 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Another Hollywood goofball trying to flatter himself. Who the hell would want to stalk Douglas?

+1   Someone should email or call him and tell him he is unimportant.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top