Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2001 10:33:04 AM EDT
Yesterday I stopped in to a new sandwich shop. Supposed to have authentic "Philly" cheesesteak subs and stuff. Well, while I was in there another customer was waiting for his order. And the subject of where "back east" people were from. I mentioned New Jersey. And said I liked the state except for a few minor problems. The other customer from Pennsylvania says; "yeah, like their laws showing disrespect for the second amendment". God I do love it here. Rational people. James
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 10:40:59 AM EDT
Born and raised in Arizona, cant imagine living anywhere else.(and I have been to all 50 states and several other countries) [):)]
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 10:41:57 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 10:42:40 AM EDT
I should be joining you sometime in the near future and can't wait! Looking to relocate to Flagstaff or the rim area, whichever offers better hunting. Can't wait to get away from all these Democraps.
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 10:45:22 AM EDT
I want to go to law school out in Arizona, but I don't know if I could get admitted as an out-of-state resident. And, their residency requirements are TOUGH. (At the same time, I respect the state for protecting their taxpayers' money.) Would love to live there, but I don't know if I could. You practice law where you get your law degree. I dunno if I'll have a hard time getting a job there if I get a degree elsewhere. Mike
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 1:54:05 PM EDT
I agree, Az is an awesome place to live. Moved here 9 years ago, and would never go back to the PRK...well, maybe to visit!
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 2:07:42 PM EDT
Moved to AZ a year ago from Las Vegas. Can't understand why I didn't do it sooner. Work still takes me back to vegas alot, and its kinda scary when you start to notice things, that you never did when you lived there.
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 3:10:47 PM EDT
Hey "jimmybcool", I'll be flying back out there next Friday for another 2 weeks. You know where I'll be, so lets hook up again!
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 4:12:52 PM EDT
I just got back from Arizona last week. Took a little R&R. Flew in to Vegas, rented a nice Mustang and first headed over to the Grand Canyon. It was beautiful, but a little too "touristy" for my tastes. Hiked down the Bright angle trail, towards the Colorado river. Damn, it was hot! If it wasn't for the water stations, there would've been Buzzards circling overhead. From there, I went to Flagstaff. Now this is a town for me! Perfect climate. Nice and cool up in the mountains. Hot chicks too! Damn, they are all nice and fit. Climbed Humphrey's peak, a little over 12,000ft high. Highest elevation in Arizona. Funny thing is, the altitude didn't bother me in the least. Met a couple of guys from Kansas who had to turn around because they were getting altitude sickness. They looked in rough shape. They made it back Ok. I climbed with a guy I met along the way, he was from Phoenix, emigrated from Germany 15yrs ago. Nice guy. We had a couple of Becks beers when we got to the summit. You should of seen the look on the rest of peoples faces. Most of them were total "climbing snobs" with their fancy spaceage gear. While they were wearing the nifty polar fleece, I had my British DPM camo pants, and basically and old school book backpack. Worked just fine. The next day, I climbed an old volcano called SP crater. The SP stood for "Shit-Pot". No kidding.This was a much shorter climb, but strenuous none the less. All in all, I had a blast. Wish I had more time to spend down there-so much to do. Going back next Spring. Very cool State.
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 4:15:40 PM EDT
Been there on a holiday once. Had a great time. Bloody hot and dry. But had heaps of fun.
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 5:26:51 PM EDT
Hey Anti, we should see if TopCrest can put together another shoot. Are you bringing any rifles?
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 5:36:49 PM EDT
An oldy but a goody. Found somewhere on the net. ---------------- Mark is a friend of mine who now lives in Anchorage. Mark in ARIZONA 1998 Hey Jim, May 30th--- Now this is a state that knows how to live!! Beautiful sunny days and warm balmy evenings. Mountains and deserts blended together. What a place! Watched the sunset from a park lying on a blanket. It was beautiful. I've finally found my home I love it here. June 14th--- Really heating up. Got to 100 today. Not a problem. Live in an air-conditioned home, drive an air-conditioned car. What a pleasure to see the sun every day like this. I'm turning into a real sun worshipper. June 30th--- Had the backyard landscaped with western plants today. Lots of cactus and rocks. What a breeze to maintain. No more mowing for me. Another scorcher today, but I love it here. July 10th--- The temperature hasn't been below 100 all week. How do people get used to this kind of heat? At least it's a dry heat. Getting used to it is taking longer than I expected. July 15th--- Fell asleep by the pool. (Got 3rd degree burns over 60% of my body.) Missed two days of work, what a dumb thing to do. I learned my lesson though: got to respect the ol' sun in a climate like this. July 20th--- I missed Tabby (our cat) sneaking into the car when I left this morning. By the time I got out to the hot car for lunch, Tabby had swollen up to the size of a shopping bag and exploded all over $2,000 worth of leather upholstery. I told the kids she ran away. The car now smells like Kibbles and shit. No more pets in this heat! July 25th--- Dry fucking heat, my ass. Hot is hot!! The home air-conditioner is on the fritz and AC repairman charged $200 just to drive by and tell me he needed to order parts. July 30th--- Been sleeping outside by the pool for three nights now. $1,100 in damn house payments and we can't even go inside. Why did I ever come here? Aug 4th--- 115 degrees. Finally got the air-conditioner fixed today. It cost $500 and gets the temperature down to about 90. Stupid repairman pissed in my pool. I hate this fucking state. Aug 8th--- If another wise ass cracks,"Hot enough for you today?", I'm going to tear his fucking throat out. Damn heat. By the time I get to work the radiator is boiling over, my clothes are soaking wet, and I smell like roasted fucking Garfield!! Aug 10th--- The weather report might as well be a damn recording: Hot and Sunny. It's been too hot to fuck for two damn months and the weatherman says it might really warm up next week. Doesn't it ever rain in this barren damn desert?? Water rationing has been in effect all summer, so $1,700 worth of cactus just dried up and blew into the fucking pool. Even a cactus can't live in this heat. Aug 14th--- Welcome to Hell!!! Temperature got to 123 today. Forgot to crack the window and blew the fucking windshield out of the Lincoln. The installer came to fix it and said, "Hot enough for you today?" My wife had to spend the $1,100 house payment to bail me out of jail. Aug 30th--- Worst day of the damn summer. I'm not leaving the house. The fucking monsoon rains finally came and all they did is to make it muggier than hell. The Lincoln is now floating somewhere in Mexico with it's new $500 windshield. That does it, we're moving to Alaska for some peace and quiet.
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 8:33:57 PM EDT
Is Arizona better than Nevada as far as gun rights are concerned ?
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 8:38:50 PM EDT
Whats Utah Like.
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 9:07:57 PM EDT
only bad thing is no fireworks :(
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 9:11:53 PM EDT
Phuck Arizona. I changed terminals in Phoenix in May and it was like walking through a blast furnace. No thanks.
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 9:22:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By raven: Phuck Arizona. I changed terminals in Phoenix in May and it was like walking through a blast furnace. No thanks.
View Quote
YEAH !!! well when I got off a plane one time in Alaska, I was attacked by a swarm of mosquitos as big as hummingbirds !!! [BD]
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 9:33:24 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 9:40:09 PM EDT
LOL Guzzler - Thinking about grabbing the family and moving to Texas in the next few years. Talked to DonR and he said it gets "hot" - and I said, "yeah, but thats a dry heat right?" I didnt think he'd ever stop laughing [grenade]
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 9:53:05 PM EDT
I'll bitch about MN...it has been hotter than sh#@ here with humidity at like 100%. I was using my windshield wipers midday and sunny. Unfortunately as you may of heard, Corey Stringer from the VIKINGS died during practice here from heatstroke.
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 12:46:48 AM EDT
Originally Posted By markm: Hey Anti, we should see if TopCrest can put together another shoot. Are you bringing any rifles?
View Quote
People actually remembered my shoot it's all suddenly worth while getting dehydrated out there... really I'm down for another one, who's up for going to Flagstaff?
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 6:03:00 AM EDT
Originally Posted By TopCrest: I'm down for another one, who's up for going to Flagstaff?
View Quote
I'm in. Last weekend I was talking to Derek (Azexarms) and he was thinking of the second weekend of September for another shoot. Who wants to take responsibility for organizing this?
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 2:06:31 PM EDT
i'm in for a flagstaff shoot. an overnight thing or a one day deal?
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 3:02:29 PM EDT
I fly in on Friday the 10th, so I'm up to doing something on either Saturday or Sunday ([i]11th or 12th[/i]). How far is Flagstaff, and would someone be willing to drag my wife and I along..? I can bring my new 308 bolt gun and the 2002 LEGP prototype! You guys know me, I'm ALWAYS up for a shoot somewhere. The only concern I will have is finances, so low budget ([i]as in free[/i]) would be mandatory for us, since I'll be off of work for close to a month, and my wife for 2 weeks during my surgery. I would even be into a very early morning 3-4 hour shoot at the last place once again if it could possibly stay under 100 during those hours. Here in Illinois, on the Mississippi, it's currently been averaging 97* in the shade, with 95-100% humidity to boot! You guys have "DRY" heat right..?
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 3:26:42 PM EDT
Love Arizona? You won't be saying that when John "the Manchurian Candidate" McCain gets throught with you guys!
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 3:37:27 PM EDT
I lived in AZ my entire life and would not want to live anywhere else, except Albuquerque, maybe. Job market stinks right now though.
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 3:47:52 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Ubermensch: Love Arizona? You won't be saying that when John "the Manchurian Candidate" McCain gets throught with you guys!
View Quote
Don't worry, were working hard here in AZ to get that whacko nutcase turncoat out on his ass. [uzi][whacko][heavy]
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 3:56:56 PM EDT
Today was actually a great day here. For August anyway.
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 4:00:42 PM EDT
Yea, it was only 104. Was a bit humid though.
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 4:27:06 PM EDT
ARIZONA FAWK’N ROCKS! We don’t need no stinking daylight savings time.
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 12:14:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/4/2001 12:11:43 AM EDT by TopCrest]
I still have the AR15.com AZ shooter/AR15.com shoot email list I made, if anyone thinks they are not on it, email me at topcrest@home.com . I'll let you know whether or not you're on it, and add you if necessary. Oh this'll be fun! And James, your attendance is expected/mandatory, I very much enjoy talking to you.
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 2:06:55 AM EDT
Fellow Zonies Please stop letting everyone know how great it is here, Im so sick of Newbies moving here from the East and Midwest. I have been here more than 20 years and we have enough Mexican, Midwest American, and Eastern Seaboard Amercian migrants here, its enough already. Damn Yuppie fags in their Suv's paying way too much for ghey stucco homes in Troon North driving like their still in the Ice age pissing me off. Im about to move on to NM or MOntana and make them great. Drunken Rant over...
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 5:28:11 AM EDT
Topcrest: Let me know if anything gets put together... You did a damn fine job on the last one, so I'd really hate to miss another opportunity to get together with you guys. Besides, like the last shoot, it made for a great "stress" reliever for me, since every time I'm out that way it's to go to the Mayo Hospital... and that's NOT anything but fun!
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 9:02:50 AM EDT
Hey Anti, How ya doing? I ran into your brother Jeff the other day. It was my first day back and I think my brain was fogged totally from jetlag. I heard you are coming back. let's talk Topcrest into another shoot. I have a new toy (AR10T) that is sweet. James
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 9:09:20 AM EDT
Terek, Hey, news travels dude. AZ is great and beats the hell out of Kali - where I came from. And, I DO drive an SUV, and I DO have a big house in Cave Creek, and I don't drive in a hurry cause I'm not in any damn hurry. BTW, what's up with driving 70 MPH on Bell effing Road??? My bet is if there wasn't any incoming folks from other states, whatever job you have wouldn't exist. You'd have to move if AZ wasn't growing. Just a guess. Look, just welcome those who support the constitution. AZ will hold out longer becuase of that. And those opposed - explain to 'em how Kali is really better and not so hot. [rolleyes] James
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 11:13:28 AM EDT
All these happy AZ people. The next pipeline shoot will be Sept15/16. Mach1, you drove right past azexarms and didn't stop by. (sniff) D. azexarms@hotmail.com
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 12:45:09 PM EDT
The second best state in the Union to live. Quickly being Kalifornicated! Arizonans....get rid of McCain! Stop ILLEGAL immigration! DaMan
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 12:50:12 PM EDT
Originally Posted By jimmybcool: Hey Anti, How ya doing? I ran into your brother Jeff the other day. It was my first day back and I think my brain was fogged totally from jetlag. I heard you are coming back. let's talk Topcrest into another shoot. I have a new toy (AR10T) that is sweet. James
View Quote
Even if nothing else get s organized, I'll definately be in touch with you as soon as I arrive! If nothing else, we could head out towards Bartlett Lake and do some shooting. I need to get a perfect zero on my new "Sniper Rifle". It's very close from laser sighting, but I have yet to fine tune it. This one is about as pretty as bolt rifles get, asthetically speaking of course!
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 1:02:10 PM EDT
Originally Posted By azexarms: Mach1, you drove right past azexarms and didn't stop by. (sniff) D. azexarms@hotmail.com
View Quote
Sorry. I had already left before I had a chance to read your original post. Next time, for sure.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 4:01:58 PM EDT
Has anything been decided for an AZ shoot? TopCrest? asexarms, are you going to post more info on the pipeline shoot?
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 10:20:36 PM EDT
It doesn't matter how many people move here, when the water runs out, they will all leave. Developers are fighting over water rights south of the valley. The first thing to go, will be all them damn golf courses, then the backyard pools. Of course, I will stay, and buy up some of that cheap property in N. Scottsdale and Cave Creek for 10 cents on the dollar. The way the economy is going, Arizona will eventually take it in the shorts. Waterdog
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 11:14:24 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 11:25:55 PM EDT
California is where it's at for weather, boys...just don't ask me about gun rights. Don't you dare ask! Come to think of it, think I'll head for Arizona for some cat roasting.
Top Top