Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2005 8:12:34 AM EDT
See news article...

http://news.yahoo.com/fc/World/Gays_and_Lesbians/

ETA:  Think I fixed the link...my board foo is obviously weak!
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 8:25:28 AM EDT
[#1]
news.yahoo.com/fc/World/Gays_and_Lesbians/

How dare Ford not promote a$$ fXXking?  I mean really.... What's the world coming to when a major auto manufacturer can't condone and normalize deviant sexual behavior?  

I for one refuse to purchase toe nail clippers from any company who does not openly promote incest.
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 8:29:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow, this news really rocks my world.

I could give a big shit who advertises to gays, blacks, Buddhists, Madonna fans or anyone else different than myself.

Seriously, does this affect you in any way whatsoever?

I happen to drive a Ford, and it didnt' become more or less gay by this news. It's still a piece of crap.
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 8:30:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Ford Sucks!

Get a Chevrolet!

Link Posted: 12/6/2005 8:31:42 AM EDT
[#4]
who else but fags buy fords?  Mustang sales are going to plummet
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 8:32:43 AM EDT
[#5]

So the gays like Volvos but not Jags?  
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 8:37:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
So the gays like Volvos but not Jags?  

That would make sense.
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 9:14:40 AM EDT
[#7]
If Fords quits advertising in Homo Weekly, then who are they gonna sell Sport Tracs to?
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 9:18:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If Fords quits advertising in Homo Weekly, then who are they gonna sell Sport Tracs to?

Without the "Man in shiny shirt" market, mustang sales wil plummet!
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 9:41:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:48:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone on the "homophobic" side of things....

Too bad, so sad.... you lose ....... AGAIN!

FORD MOTOR COMPANY'S LETTER TO NATIONAL GAY AND LESBIAN ORGANIZATIONS

DEARBORN, Mich., December 14, 2005 – Monday, senior executives from Ford Motor Company met in Washington D.C. with the leadership of national gay and lesbian organizations. Following is the letter sent today to the leadership attending that meeting, reiterating Ford's commitment to inclusion. The company said that it is pleased to clear up any misperceptions and get back to doing what it does best -- building the best cars and trucks in America.

media.ford.com/pdf/ford_letter.pdf

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:52:15 PM EDT
[#11]
One woman in the Ford family is out and proud and Bill Ford Jr. is a liberal running Ford into the ground. Henry II would kick his punk ass for what he has done to a once great car company...
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:53:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I just saw on CNN that they continued the adds.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:53:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

DEARBORN, Mich., December 14, 2005 – Monday, senior executives from Ford Motor Company met in Washington D.C. with the leadership of national gay and lesbian organizations. Following is the letter sent today to the leadership attending that meeting, reiterating Ford's commitment to inclusion. The company said that it is pleased to clear up any misperceptions and get back to doing what it does best -- building the best cars and trucks in America.

I wouldn't get too excited - can you really believe ANYTHING that Ford says when they claim to build "the best cars and trucks in America" in the same paragraph?  

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:55:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I happen to drive a Ford, and it didnt' become more or less gay by this news. It's still a piece of crap.

I guess Ford markets to those that drive POS and don't care as well...
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:57:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:59:19 PM EDT
[#16]
"A dog returneth to his vomit."
Proverbs 26:11
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:00:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:04:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Bad move on Ford's part. Gays are typically high income earners. Oh well, Ford won't have this dillema for long as they will be defunct in 10 years.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:10:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Blah, blah, blah...I wish people would get over trying to define their being by their sexual actions and trying to make people accept what they want to do as ok.

In the bedroom and should stay there. Period. I don't need to hear about your sexual antics, nor do I feel you need to know about mine. Freakin emotionally immature people all over the place.

2:1 Putting away therefore all wickedness, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,

2 as newborn babes, long for the spiritual milk which is without guile, that ye may grow thereby unto salvation;

Peter 2:1

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:14:28 PM EDT
[#20]
They will only advertise "Packards"
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:16:28 PM EDT
[#21]
THe author of  the thread has it backwards..................they ARE going to advertise in gay mags.

news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051214/pl_nm/autos_ford_ads_dc;_ylt=AmcXJw4u4zB7gB_9eaHNYW5dlakA;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:18:52 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
THe author of  the thread has it backwards..................they ARE going to advertise in gay mags.

news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051214/pl_nm/autos_ford_ads_dc;_ylt=AmcXJw4u4zB7gB_9eaHNYW5dlakA;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

.................Thats what I thought it said too.......but I didnt want to upset the apple cart.................It just sounds like too much fun either way!!!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:37:46 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Blah, blah, blah...I wish people would get over trying to define their being by their sexual actions and trying to make people accept what they want to do as ok.

In the bedroom and should stay there. Period. I don't need to hear about your sexual antics, nor do I feel you need to know about mine. Freakin emotionally immature people all over the place.

2:1 Putting away therefore all wickedness, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,

2 as newborn babes, long for the spiritual milk which is without guile, that ye may grow thereby unto salvation;

Peter 2:1

Damn!

Does this mean no more BOTD?

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:41:38 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
speak of the devil

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:43:53 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:44:35 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

.................Thats what I thought it said too.......but I didnt want to upset the apple cart.................It just sounds like too much fun either way!!!

ya let it ride.....................
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:46:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Gays generally = big money, and they are far more willing to spend it on luxuries than we are...  It's silly for any company, especially those with financial problems, to not market to this segment.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:54:40 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wouldn't get too excited - can you really believe ANYTHING that Ford says when they claim to build "the best cars and trucks in America" in the same paragraph?  

Point taken.

Quoted:

The author had it CORRECT WHEN s/he posted it. It's just that Ford found out that it was a BAD idea. And reversed it's original decision.

Quoted:
Gays generally = big money, and they are far more willing to spend it on luxuries than we are...  It's silly for any company, especially those with financial problems, to not market to this segment.

Not to mention, that we TEND to (largely) be a tight-knit community, and when we SAY we will/won't purchase "X" we DO/DON'T  - too damn much peer pressure.

Walking out to parking lot, (Pam)"Hey, Susan, WTF are you doing with a new Ford? Didn't you know that's a ?" (Susan) "Oh, uh, yeah, umm... I bought it before they called for a boycott, saw the ad in Curve..." (Pam) "I don't think so, I saw you last week in your old Subaru. Call me when you get a real car from a company who acknowledges we exist, and who appreciate our business. Later.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:02:40 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted: Gays generally = big money, and they are far more willing to spend it on luxuries than we are...  It's silly for any company, especially those with financial problems, to not market to this segment.
That's because gays know they live pointless childless lives with shorter lifetimes, so they better spend their money while they can! I guess Ford (and especially their Volvo unit) wants to pump those gays for all their worth.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top