Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2001 8:40:26 AM EDT
While I've been waiting 3 months now to have my CCW Permit renewed it seems there were a few officers selling CCW's to anyone who slipped them the right amount of cash.
I was just watching a breaking news story that in the city where I live (Philadelphia, PA) there were evidently a couple of police officers attached to the CCW dept selling permits.
I guess this will push my renewal a few more months away. With my luck they will probably stop issueing permits until they can audit permit holders.

Link Posted: 8/1/2001 9:46:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Here in Idaho you apply for you permit, they have 90 days to issue your permit or deny you. If they do neither you automaticly recieve your permit. I like this rule, it keeps them from dragging their feet to long.  Sorry you will be waiting a little longer, they are def. worth the wait.

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 10:48:40 AM EDT
[#2]
OK, because of a few criminals in blue, honest citizens are delayed.  Typical bureaucrat BS.  Princeton, sorry you're being punished for the criminal activities of the police.

idaho-ar15's point that there should be a limit on how long the pigs are allowed to intentionally delay your application is a good one.  South Carolina law states, "SLED shall issue a written statement to an unqualified applicant specifying its reasons for denying the application within ninety days from the date the application was received; otherwise, SLED shall issue a concealable weapon permit."  But of course, the above is never enforced.  GrassRoots (scfirearms.org) South Carolina seems to be the only group that is standing-up for our rights, but they seem more interested in making noise about changing details concerning where you can carry than they are about actually making SLED issue a permit in the first place.
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 11:01:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Just be thankful that you are able to CCW.  Here in Ohio it looks like the vote for the CCW bill will be delayed until September at the earliest, but may not even go to the governer since he stated that he will veto it (it does not have the full support of the police organizations).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top