Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/29/2005 7:12:30 AM EDT
They are good people, but good Lord!
This is the manager of the Dodge's chicken store in Selmer, TN near Jackson, TN. My wife sent them to me from work, she got them from a co-worker, who got them from the bride in the pics.

The bride and groom. Is she marrying her son? It looks like she was rode hard and put up wet.

The Ringbearer and Flowergirl. Note the Dale, Jr. "8" on the minivan in the background as well as the ricer stripe..

The Bride and her Maids of Honor. Wow, none of them are pregnant or smoking in the pic!

The Groom, his Best man and Groomsmen
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 7:15:17 AM EDT
[#1]

Where'd you get these pics?

Link Posted: 11/29/2005 7:20:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 7:21:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Congrats wittzo.

Looks like you got yourself a good catch there.

Link Posted: 11/29/2005 7:22:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 7:22:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Why the fuck would you put these people's pictures on the internet.  A little respect is in order here.  Try posting some pics of yourself first, for our comment and review.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 7:24:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 7:32:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 7:35:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Look at pic #2.  Did they have the wedding next to a gas station out behind the bathrooms?  Perhaps thats how they met.  He got her number from the bathroom wall and really did get a "good time."  
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 7:40:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Why the fuck would you put these people's pictures on the internet.  A little respect is in order here.  Try posting some pics of yourself first, for our comment and review.

I have put my pic up on here before. I'm a white, goofy looking, fat-ass, how much worse could anyone be that that?

Her co-workers were talking about putting the pic up on collegehumor.com, I figured fewer people would see them here than there, surely. I was actually more worried that I would offend people that would think this was a cool idea.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 7:41:27 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Look at pic #2.  Did they have the wedding next to a gas station out behind the bathrooms?  Perhaps thats how they met.  He got her number from the bathroom wall and really did get a "good time."  

I forgot to add, she lives right next door to the store she manages.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 7:44:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Don't be so judgemental. Hell I'd be glad to have these boys on my side in a gunfight.
Kinda like the cammo vests also.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 7:46:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Well, at least the wedding didnt cost to much.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 7:47:58 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Don't be so judgemental. Hell I'd be glad to have these boys on my side in a gunfight.
Kinda like the cammo vests also.

+10000   If they are good people, then who cares what they do for their wedding..   They look pretty happy to me
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 7:48:56 AM EDT
[#14]

O...... M......  G..........

NO MORE jokes about AL are allowed now...
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 7:50:22 AM EDT
[#15]
"I am speechless, I have no speech!" —George
"I'm speechless. I am without speech." —Elaine

What more can be said?
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 7:52:14 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Well, at least the wedding didnt cost to much.

And they weren't interrupted by tornadoes or UFO's either...

My wife said they were lucky she didn't have the preacher wear the Miss Birdy Dodge's chicken suit when he officiated..
The bow tie is actually pretty cool. I think the bride's maids should have been dressed in the same theme, the men beat them (in a fashion sense, not because they live in trailers!Doh!)

Of course this is still cooler than a Klingon or other Star Trek themed wedding unless you're in Federation dress uniforms.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 7:53:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Selmer is a long way from Jackson.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 7:56:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Not to sound like a bible-belt preacher, but, the last time I read mine (KJV bible) marriage is a blessed, holy, sanctified relationship between two people and God.  Sorry... I don't see anything funny here. Now, move along.

Lawdog
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 7:59:18 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Selmer is a long way from Jackson.

Depending on the map, Jackson, TN is only a quarter-inch or an inch away. Duh!

30 miles is close for me.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 8:06:29 AM EDT
[#20]
And to think that my GF says that she will never marry me if I wear the orange tux from dumb and dumber.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 8:08:59 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Look at pic #2.  Did they have the wedding next to a gas station out behind the bathrooms?  

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking. It's a real WTF? moment.

The ring bearer and flower girl are cute as hell in the fourth pic.

I kind of admire him for pulling off the real-tree vests, but even I wouldn't've worn jeans to my wedding.

I wish them every happiness.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 8:14:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Who cares? The wedding may be funny to you but at least they had a wedding- better than a single mom or something.

I do like the new tennis shoes in the last pic though.  
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 8:15:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Looks fine to me.  I've photographed a lot of weddings, they look like good people.  I wish them well.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 8:16:55 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Are these pics of you?
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 8:30:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Sometimes I'm a real critical bastard and I'm trying really hard to pin down something specific to trash in these pictures. All I can say is it looks like they didn't have a lot of money and possibly some kids got a dad. Hell, I got married barefoot in a Hawaiian shirt and nobody around.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 8:37:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Look at the last picture.
Is that Haley Joel Whatshisface?
Looks just like he did in that episode of "Walker".

"Walker told me I have AIDS."
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 8:37:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Looks about like normal Selmer folks. Never did like that little slow spot in the road.

Edit: Not to try to outdo you or anything, but that's a pretty nice wedding.  My brother and I went to one here where the father of the bride walked into the church, and got mad when they told him to put his cowboy hat in the foyer before he could go give the bride away. (this is while people are standing and watching the bride tell her father "Hurry up, just put it on the table")

The wedding music was done via a home stereo system worked by the preacher.

After the wedding, the reception was in the back yard of the grooms fathers trailer. The tent covering the tables was donated by a friend of the father, unfortunately, he owned a mortuary, and the tent had big letters on the side "XXX funeral home."

The funeral home tents were covering a long table, irregularly shaped, with a white sheet over it. When asked what was there, the groom replied, "That's all the likker, we're jus' waitin' on the preacher to leave." --Fair enough.

At one point, the women noticed they,for the most part, were the only ones left at the reception. All the men had stepped down to the grooms fathers' shop, where he they were playing with the homebuilt monster truck, revving it up and working on it(DURING the damn reception!)
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 8:38:42 AM EDT
[#28]

Yeah, I thought it was kind of funny... but I wish them luck.  Looks like they put a lot of thought into the wedding and there is nothing freakishingly wierd about anyone in the pix.

I've been to a lot stranger looking weddings and they were in the city.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 8:41:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Any pics of the wedding singer and the band?

I'm guessing this is the wedding singer

And this is the band

Seriously though, as long as they are happy, that's what counts and more power to them.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 8:45:18 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm just disappointed that I can't find any Vols gear in the pics.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 8:53:14 AM EDT
[#31]
You have Cabbage Palm trees in Tennessee?

Dayum!

Those brides maids look like they got gussied up to wrangle a man fer themselves...........

Link Posted: 11/29/2005 8:57:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Not my style, but "to each, his own."
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 9:01:04 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
You have Cabbage Palm trees in Tennessee?

Busted....that has "Apopka" written all over it....
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 9:05:44 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I'm just disappointed that I can't find any Vols gear in the pics.

THANK GOD!!!

You'd go crazy with that over on GatorSports.com wouldn't you?  

The further I scrolled down on that picture set, I was fearing that I'd see some orange & white.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 9:23:15 AM EDT
[#35]
this crew would have the potential to surpass Lulu & Junior, as far as photoshopping fodder goes

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:29:17 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm sorry y'all, my wife corrected me on the location of the Dodge's store. It's in Ft. Myers, FL, not Selmer, TN.

Sorry to all TN residents and I'm even more sorry for FL residents...

I guess she is right, I don't listen to half of what she says to me..they don't even have a Dodge's in Selmer, TN, but everything else is correct.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:13:20 PM EDT
[#37]
I don't see anything laughable.  I'm glad they didn't borrow all kinds of money to impress people and avoid snide remarks.  Best of luck to them.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:17:11 PM EDT
[#38]
I bet those guys would be right beside us fighting off the canadians.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:19:36 PM EDT
[#39]
yee haw
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:30:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Fucking awesome.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:33:22 PM EDT
[#41]

the tent had big letters on the side "XXX funeral home."

And I bet the chairs said the same on the bottom.  I'll admit my family Christmas party last night had chairs from a local funeral home where a family member works.

"That's all the likker, we're jus' waitin' on the preacher to leave." --Fair enough.

You don't know how many times I've heard statements like that growing up.  The polite preachers know to leave early so the fun can start.

Many years ago I used to drive a local preacher around for a little extra money and to get away from the family farm after he had an accident and lost his sight.  It's amazing how quickly the alcohol cans and bottles disappear that are out in the open the rest of the time.  I came to the conclusion that the people that did that weren't two-faced or hypocritical like I had originally assumed.  They simply did it out of respect for the man of God.  Don't be too critical of people when they do that sort of thing.  Their motives are sometimes good.z
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:37:51 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

the tent had big letters on the side "XXX funeral home."

And I bet the chairs said the same on the bottom.  I'll admit my family Christmas party last night had chairs from a local funeral home where a family member works.

"That's all the likker, we're jus' waitin' on the preacher to leave." --Fair enough.

You don't know how many times I've heard statements like that growing up.  The polite preachers know to leave early so the fun can start.

Many years ago I used to drive a local preacher around for a little extra money and to get away from the family farm after he had an accident and lost his sight.  It's amazing how quickly the alcohol cans and bottles disappear that are out in the open the rest of the time.  I came to the conclusion that the people that did that weren't two-faced or hypocritical like I had originally assumed.  They simply did it out of respect for the man of God.  Don't be too critical of people when they do that sort of thing.  Their motives are sometimes good.z

They did that because they did not have the balls to face a man of god, because they are sheeple that think they might go to hell.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:38:26 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Look at pic #2.  Did they have the wedding next to a gas station out behind the bathrooms? ....

Anybody wanna guess, the lifted red truck with a tow hitch in the background?

I'm guessing a Dodge Ram single cab/king cab 4x.

Congrats and may you and the wifey live happily ever after.

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:47:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Anyone that thinks there's anything wrong with this is a snob.
and I wish them well
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:52:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Tell you what....
I would rather go to that wedding and reception then some $40,000 coronation (sp?) with 500 stuck up strangers that would not give you the time of day even in a church.

At least there was not a 24 on the van.....then I might have lost all respect.

I wish them the best even if I don't know who they are.

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:56:11 PM EDT
[#46]
The guy in the last pic, far right looks like that red neck from King Of The Hill that drives the monster truck around.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:58:03 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
and I wish them well

Agree 100%

My wedding was more "upscale" and "classy" than this one.  BFD.  It ended in divorce.

These folks will probably grow old together while loving each other every minute.  Bless them.

As mentioned previously, this wedding wasn't in Tennessee.  I'd like to add that it ain't Redneck either.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:30:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Different strokes for different folks, it was their day and all that matters is that they were happy.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:45:28 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Hell, I got married barefoot in a Hawaiian shirt and nobody around.

Didn't the bride show up?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:48:30 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
and I wish them well

I would have to agree.

I don't know the people in the pictures.

I am originally from TN, and I know the difference between a redneck and "countrified" folks.

They are cleaned up, something that many rednecks consider abnormal.

I don't wear the type of clothes they chose, but hey, I can respect their decision.

Heck, at least they are getting married, they have respect for one another to commit.

As to how long it will last, who knows??

FYI:  Not bashing any rednecks, just noting the difference...in my mind....  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top