American workers: salemen, advertisers, HR staff, IT
staff, etc. Just because Americans are not slaving over
sewing machines does not mean that these companies
do not employ Americans.

You 'buy American' types are always so worried about
the fucking grunt $8/hour, uncollege educated workers
but give two shits about the white collar workers who
work just as hard.

Let's reward the have-nots at the expense of the haves.

There are a hell of a lot more emplyees out on the factory floor doing a whole lot harder work than the rest of the folks you mention. Not to say they dont put in a lot of work but I will still buy American every chance.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 7:50:35 AM EDT
[#2]
tag
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:12:36 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have bought these folks overalls and have not tried the jeans yet. I have found them in various feed type stores like Tractor Supply. Old fashion thick denim too.

www.hanksclothing.com/usamadejeans.htm

Bought some of their jeans and overalls after reading this thread.

Very happy with my purchase.  Hanks will get my business again.

Their sizing charts are detailed and accurate.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:30:00 AM EDT
[#4]
found by doing a search, don't know anything about the company but....
www.unionjeancompany.com/denim.php?Session_ID=
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:39:11 AM EDT
[#5]
What about the Kirkland brand from Costco. I actually like they way they fit.  The problem is for everybody like us looking to seeking American made products there are 10 other looking to save a buck.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:46:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Go here: No Sweat
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:54:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
There are a hell of a lot more emplyees out on the factory floor doing a whole lot harder work than the rest of the folks you mention.

Sorry, doing physical labor does not mean that blue collar jobs are "harder" than white collar jobs.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:25:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Go here: No Sweat

-Heh, somewhat ironic that the jeans still made in the USA are union-made, which is what drove the others out.
-They do cost less than I'd have figured, though.
------
-I read a story a couple years back about Levi's--they were getting pounded, quite simply.
It was just a matter of time.
All the other major brands had gone to offshore production that cost siginifcantly less than what US labor did. This article was around one of the surges in upscale/fashion jeans, and they pointed out that these foreign jeans cost less to make than $30 Levis in the US did, but that some of the foreign brands were sold for $150 or more.
~
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:03:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
-Heh, somewhat ironic that the jeans still made in the USA are union-made, which is what drove the others out.

Any idea why the price of Levis didn't decrease when they moved offshore?

I figure Levis just wasn't happy that they weren't keeping what they considered 'their fair share' of the profits.

Make your statement concise and accurate - I won't post again regarding this thread drift.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:08:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I buy jeans here...

www.gussetclothing.com/

They are made in America.  They cost a little more, but they are worth it.  You need to try a pair to see how they fit...especially in the ballroom area.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:20:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
As stated earlier, Lucky brand jeans are made in the USA...I have 5 pairs and all say 'AMERICAN MADE' right on the tag..they are a bit pricey ($90+) but are extremely durable and very fashionable...plus when you undo the zipper or button fly (whichever you buy) it says 'LUCKY YOU' down the fabric...its just a little something extra for that special person down on their knees undoing your jeans...

That's the problem right there!  I prefer American made stuff myself but I will never pay $90 for pair of jeans, US made or not...

Which happens to be why finding a good pair of jeans made here is damn near impossible.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:34:59 PM EDT
[#12]
I use Carhart (B73DST) for work, its the only thing tough enough that lasts.

Every one of my dozen pair says on the tag, Made in the U.S.A.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:45:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I have bought these folks overalls and have not tried the jeans yet. I have found them in various feed type stores like Tractor Supply. Old fashion thick denim too.

www.hanksclothing.com/usamadejeans.htm

Bought some of their jeans and overalls after reading this thread.

Very happy with my purchase.  Hanks will get my business again.

Their sizing charts are detailed and accurate.

You can cross them off the list for the next year at least. Fire burned the factory to the ground and the are importing jeans now. Also kinda makes you wonder what they imported before, if it is so easy to import thethe same ones now.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:56:48 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
All "REAL", original Wranglers - like their 13MWZ flagship model, are made in the United States of America.

Must have been looking at a pair of their "metros".

Sorry bud, not anymore.

tinypic.com/httxjk.jpg

Bought these about 2 months ago. Sucks, doesn't it?

Guess you must be getting the 'new stock' as I bought 3 pair of Wrangler's at Shepler's on 9 Nov 2005, and they all say, "Made in the USA."

Yes, that DOES suck.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:19:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Bill's Kakies Made in the USA

Yup, Reading PA!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:44:28 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted: Bill's Kakies Made in the USA
Yup, Reading PA!

Khakis www.billskhakis.com/
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top