Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2001 7:03:12 PM EDT
Ok so here I am and I FINALLY dragged out all my gun cleaning supplies and started to clean my H&K USP while listening to some Sublime MP3's. It's been like... a month since I cleaned it last. I don't know about theses people that just love to clean their guns... I don't. I know I have to, but god damn I am so anal about cleaning every speck of them that it takes me 3 hours to clean just one gun. It is a pain in the ass for me.

So anyways.. here I am cleaning and all of a sudden I hear my smoke detector. Earlier I had baked some chicken nuggets in my toaster oven... I run to the kitchen and there is my toaster oven in flames... I mean, in total flames! I guess the grease from the nuggets dripped down into the pan below. Well I was done cooking but the button to turn it off stuck and stayed on... This thing was in TOTAL flames.. so I grabbed my fire extinguisher and put out the flames and grabbed a big towel and wrapped it and threw it outside on my front lawn, LOL

It was surrounded by tile so no damage was done, just a filthy mess and an awful smell of burnt plastic. It got me thinking about gun control. Yep... odd huh?

Well... all theses anti gun, pro gun control hippies just LOVE to make fun of us gun owners that keep one or two guns locked (as in a quick open safe) and loaded for "just in case". They say "oooh you are afraid of the boogie man!?!" and other lame things. They say Police are there to protect us so we don't need guns. So where was the fire department when my toaster oven was in flames? Where will the Police Department be when someone breaks down my front door? "Oh it only happens in movies" they say.... I thought fires only happened in Smokey the Bears hood.. I have a fire extinguisher in my kitchen. I keep one of my guns loaded in my bedroom. Do I hope my place catches on fire and I have to use my fire extinguisher!??! [b]No.[/b] Do I hope someone breaks into my house and puts my life in danger and I have to use my firearm? [b]No.[/b]

Home invasions happen. Sorta like toasters catching on fire.  [:)]
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 7:05:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 7:06:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Well said.  And a very good point.  I might have to use that next time I'm in a gun debate....
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 7:07:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Good analogy. I had an alarm clock that caught on fire by itself once. That was pretty wierd.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 7:09:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 7:12:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Very good point Frank.

And to think I open your threads with some trepidation, only to find a real jewel of insight. [BD]
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 7:26:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Call for the police.

Call for an ambulance.

Call for a pizza.

Which one do you think you'll see first?
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 7:32:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 7:33:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 7:35:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey man, 30 minutes or it's free.

Quoted:
Call for the police.

Call for an ambulance.

Call for a pizza.

Which one do you think you'll see first?
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 7:47:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 7:53:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Use it duders! :)

[img]http://www.a-human-right.com/RKBA/s_emergencies.jpg[/img] [url]www.a-human-right.com[/url]

Seems I wasn't the first to put 2 and 2 together.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 7:56:32 PM EDT
[#12]

For more cool photos check out [url]www.wetworx.com [/url]

[img]http://www.wetworx.com/images/godvotes.jpg[/img]

Just hit "refresh" and you'll cycle through all his photos. Some are pretty cool.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 1:15:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 7/30/2001 1:24:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Frank you are missing the whole point with your en fuego toaster.

Rush reported today that some lady put Pop Tarts in her toaster, took her kids to school, and 20 minutes later returned to see her house engulfed in smoke. $100K damage.

So what did the lady decide to due?? sue Kelloggs for "defective pop tarts."

The POINT here is NOT about gun control - its about suing the pants off the maker of your chicken nuggets.

Get a lawyer, baby. Sue them so bad their dead great grandparents say ouch. And then perhaps you can be like McUzi and start your own website - call it chickennuggetcontrol.com or something.

[:D]

Link Posted: 7/30/2001 1:36:50 PM EDT
[#15]
I can see it now - Sarah Brady in her last stenchy gasp of air forms "NCI"
For those who are a little slow that stands for Nugget Control Incorporated.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 2:27:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Ceberus,
My buddies and I were in a car accident, not our fault, and since no one was hurt, it took the police 3 1/2 hrs to get somebody out to do a report, and then the police were kind of mad at getting called out.  In the mean time, we ate deliver chicken wings we order after about an hour of waiting.  

Frank,
Good analogy, and glad you weren't injured or you house burned down.

Ice
Top Top