Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:27:25 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
 Enough with the booby trap / claymore mine bullshit . That kind of stuff will get your
 ass arrested AND you will be sued by the victims if they live .

Still haven't heard why ...

Cause it's the law in most places . The exact same thing happened here some years back .
Neighborhood kids kept screwwing with this old mans house . He rigged a shotgun to the back
door and one of them was shot . I don't remember if he lived or not but the old man was
arrested .          Too many opportunities for an accident . I would never do it myself .

djohns6 is right.  That's a very well known case (if he and I are thinking of the same one).  In fact, ask any lawyer that went to law school in the United States in the last 25 years or so and they will know about it.

I'm not saying the law is right, just that djohns6 is.

Peace

HighSpeedSteel

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:27:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Get an old weathered dog house to sit outside.  Take the roof off, and reinforce it.  Place false compartments in there with the hinges inside the compartments.  Store your rifles in the PVC containers to ensure a rust free storage.  Replace roof.  (Came up with on the fly, calmly awaits reasons why it wouldn't work)

False compartments in shelves, drawers, entertainment centers?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:40:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
 Enough with the booby trap / claymore mine bullshit . That kind of stuff will get your
 ass arrested AND you will be sued by the victims if they live .

Still haven't heard why ...

Cause it's the law in most places . The exact same thing happened here some years back .
Neighborhood kids kept screwwing with this old mans house . He rigged a shotgun to the back
door and one of them was shot . I don't remember if he lived or not but the old man was
arrested .          Too many opportunities for an accident . I would never do it myself .

djohns6 is right.  That's a very well known case (if he and I are thinking of the same one).  In fact, ask any lawyer that went to law school in the United States in the last 25 years or so and they will know about it.

I'm not saying the law is right, just that djohns6 is.

Peace

HighSpeedSteel

There is also the one about the business owner who electrified the bars or grating on the skylights of his business after multiple break-ins. Thief grabbed the bars attempting to break in and he got cooked. I think the guy plead guilty to manslaughter, might be wrong though. I don't remember the location. If someone breaks in your residence or business they deserve whatever they get even if it is unoccupied,  to bad the law doesn't agree.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:59:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

It is against the law. You can't use deadly force to protect property. If you injure someone you better make sure that you were protecting human life at the time, and be able to prove it.

The non-strikethru's are acceptable.

I've learned that man's laws are subject to change, but as long as someone comes up with the right principle then I'll go for that.

It has been against the law for a long time. The principle has been around a long time and anyone who violates it will discover how the law feels about it. This law isn't likely to change.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:06:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Can't believe nobody thought of this.  Store your handguns inside a deer head on the wall.  Deer forms are styrofoam with the cape wrapped over them.  Cut out the back of the deer form and hang the head on the wall.

Good up to a point. One year they broke in and stole the deer head over the fireplace.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:21:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Add an empty, cheap, gun cabinet in a visible place for a decoy.  Leave it unlocked and open, perhaps with a half box of .22s, maybe a Red Ryder BB gun.  

That's the best advice I've read yet.  Make it look like there was a gun there.  NickySantoro has a great idea too, make the PVC look like it has a purpose.

Screw it, leave a gun in there.  Pick up a cheap used Mossberg at a pawn shop, leave it in the open gun cabinet in plain sight.

The guy who takes it doesn't need to know about the bore obstruction that you left for him, or the shell in the chamber that's filled to the top with Bullseye.  Just make sure that all of your "invited" guests know not to use that one.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:24:40 AM EDT
[#7]
You gotta think like a thief.....what has value if I take it? Then use what has no value to conceal your goods.

Although I don't believe leaving firearms in an unattended place is wise, I guess if you are determined to do it, you might as well do it well.

Do you have a well? How about an outhouse? Either one could conceal a pvc tube hung with a cable. I would almost guarantee you the nobody is gonig to look down your shit house with a flashlight. Likely wouldn't uncover your well to search there either.

Got a big round of firewood you use for a chopping block?  A hollowed out spot in the bottom would hold a pistol sized piece of pvc pipe...and still function. Who steals chopping blocks? Get the idea?

There are lots of places to hide stuff if you look for places that have no value to a thief.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:17:18 AM EDT
[#8]
I like the idea of a cheap pawn shop rusty mauser with ammo in plain sight. I REALLY like the idea of the bbl plugged about midway. Hell, it was a non-functional display piece. I can't help it if some asshat stole it and tried to shoot it!

Honestly, it will probably be some 16YO kid that steals it and I'd feel really bad if it blew his hand off....but dammit, stealing ain't right. We need public whippings for shit like petty theft. It worked for 100's of years, what went wrong?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top