Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2001 7:52:41 AM EDT
Easy as pie!  Now instead of a 9-10lb pull, I have a...ummm...ummm...I'm not sure how heavy it is (don't have a trigger scale) but there is no play and it is [b]LIGHT!!![/b]

[center][size=4][b]SWEET!!!![/b][/size=4][/center]

Maybe those 1/2" @ 100yard groups will pull in to 1/4"!

BTW has anyone ever (themselves or had someone else do it for you) squared the bolt face or locking lugs?  How much of an improvement in accuracy did you see?
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 9:29:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 10:25:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Actually, 9-10 was probably a bit much. It was more than likely around 6-8 lbs.  I don't have a scale so I can't say for sure.  But it is [b]GREAT[/b] now!!
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 10:32:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I adjusted my trigger pull on my Savage 12 .308 to 2 lbs. this is a sweet rifle.  Here's a good link for well....just 'bout everything.  www.snipercountry.com    

woody
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 11:19:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I adjusted my Remington 700 PSS trigger several months ago.  I was surprised how easy it was to adjust.

Mine was probably in the neighborhood of 6 - 8 lbs to start as well (best guess).  Now it's...well, much, much better.

Since were on the subject of accuracy modifications,.... Anyone ever try "fire lapping" their barrels? I read a magazine article on it and it's got me curious.

I'd like the info on lapping lugs and squaring the bolt face as well.  Does it do much for accuracy?
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 11:26:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 12:06:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
BTW has anyone ever (themselves or had someone else do it for you) squared the bolt face or locking lugs?  How much of an improvement in accuracy did you see?
View Quote

If you lap your lugs and true up your bolt face, you WILL change your headspace, bad news, I've seen lugs off as much as .070 from one to the other.
If you don't square up your receiver when you lap lugs and bolt face, you won't see much difference in accuracy.
KenS
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 12:21:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I thought that when people started screwing around with the Remington triggers was when the AD's after switching off the safeties occured?
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 8:00:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Just in case anyone forgets if you have adjusted your trigger please perform the following tests:

a. On an empty chamber and empty magazine, open action, are you sure it is empty? can you see daylight? Feces occur from time to time. Close the action. Engage safety. Pull trigger. Remove safety. Was the firing pin released?  On ultra light pulls it happens..

b. On an empty chamber (you didn't load it again did you) Close the action. Bounce the rifle on a carpeted surface 4-6"  Was the firing pin released?

My 700 BDL has a nice trigger pull. And it only goes bang when I pull it.

Regards

ACK
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 8:56:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey,

I just did my 700VS last week as well started at bout 6-8 pounds like most others.  It's now close to 2 pounds and feel as good as the Jewell Trigger on my 700PSS!

I am happy with it.

Take care,

Steve
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 9:43:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just in case anyone forgets if you have adjusted your trigger please perform the following tests:

a. On an empty chamber and empty magazine, open action, are you sure it is empty? can you see daylight? Feces occur from time to time. Close the action. Engage safety. Pull trigger. Remove safety. Was the firing pin released?  On ultra light pulls it happens..

b. On an empty chamber (you didn't load it again did you) Close the action. Bounce the rifle on a carpeted surface 4-6"  Was the firing pin released?

My 700 BDL has a nice trigger pull. And it only goes bang when I pull it.

Regards

ACK
View Quote

Exactly!  Thought I'd quote you since it's worth reading twice.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 9:54:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I want to put a Jewel trigger in my 700VS.  Can I do it myself or will I have to take it to a gunsmith?
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 11:03:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Sir:
It depends on you mechanical acumen, tools and skills. But more important would be, Why?

The 700 series have a trigger pull that is adjustable by mere mortals. Please refer to the attached link for information. Excercise proper caution.  Your adjustment, your liability.
Most "smiths" are also capable of performing this task, for a modest fee.
http://www.snipercountry.com/RemingtonTriggers.htm

Regards

ACK
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top