Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2001 4:56:35 AM EDT
I was flipping through my Sportsman's Guide last night and I noticed somthing that just pissed me off.  They won't even ship regular old kitchen knives to Mass!  What, do they think Teddy only lets us eat with butter knives!  Give me a f%^kin break.

And it isn't only Mass, their freakin shipping restriction list is a page long alone!

They also won't ship ammo, any knife, crossbows, air rifles, or air pistols ALL of these things are perfectly legal and require NO license of any sort.

How are we supposed to beat the liberals if our retailers are making up their own laws to make it worse.

The Sportsmans guide is not friend of ours and NEEDS to change their policies.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 5:02:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Ever consider moving?
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 5:06:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Cooking knives? You've got to be kidding me. Granted, I've been very suprised by some of the things they and other catalog retailers won't ship to the People's Republic of Massachusetts. Fortunately, I live here in one of the The United States where we all live free or die. Some of the legistators down there must be getting a little paranoid. Knives???

Anyhoo, I work right over the NH border on 93. Wouldn't mind being a go between for non guns/ammo stuff if you like.

Snowmaster
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 5:30:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Ammo _does_ require a license in this state...

Most catalog companies that don't ship to MA have that policy because the MA law is typically so badly written.

What pisses me off is that TAPCO will not ship magazines to MA, even with ID verification.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 5:35:01 AM EDT
[#4]
If I want something they won't ship to Mass I just send it to my Fiances parents house in CT.

I should not have to move because the laws are pretty much the same here as they are elsewhere, it is The Sportsmans guide playing politician that is the problem.

It is just stupid to make up these rules.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 5:37:45 AM EDT
[#5]
It isn't illegal to ship Ammo to Mass and if you are buying ammo for your gun you already have a license.

Tapco told me that they would send Mags to Mass as long as you have a Class A license and you fax a copy to them.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 5:46:05 AM EDT
[#6]
True, it's not technically illegal to ship the ammo here, but a few catalogs won't take that chance.

That's new with TAPCO, thanks for that info - they wouldn't do that before.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top