Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2001 9:35:19 AM EDT
I just got back from the store...  I am finally going to add a .308 Armalite to all those .223 Bushmasters in the safes.  [bounce]

(I think they are pissed at me though.  There is talk that they are all going to pack up and move into safe 1 and make the Armalite live in safe 2 with the shotguns and other lesser guns...)

Anyway, I was looking for recommendations on the best "flip-up" sights to put on this bad boy.  I plan to mount some sort of "dot" sight but I still want to play with iron sights sometimes.  So, who makes the best?  Please include links if you have them...

Thanks!  
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 10:06:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Congradulations!  Black or green? Chrome or stainless?  I haven't got around to iron sights yet but have had great luck with my Holosight!  Happy shooting. (by the way I have over 1000 rounds through mine without a single hiccup!)  Planerench out![^]
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 11:19:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Depends on what you want the site to do.  Scott Medesha (sp?) makes some great target/competition sites and bases.  If you're looking for something more rugged and durable for hunting type situations then you might want to get the ones that clamp on from Armalite (handel front site).

Mine has had nothing but a Leupold Tac Vari X III 3-10 x 50 on it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 1:01:55 PM EDT
[#3]
You're gonna love that rifle!  I've had one for about two years now, and have never had a problem.  It digests all the surplus ammo I can throw at it.  The only drawback is that magazines are pretty spendy.  :-(

I've never had iron sights on mine...I use either a Trijicon Reflex II or a Tasco SS 20X with the Armalite one-piece mount.

Good shooting!
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 1:04:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Good for you!
My good friend has one and he has the nerve to laugh at my  M1A. He has to be jealous.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 2:46:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Good Man!....those little rifles need a big brother.........check the obvious catalogs........armalite.....bushy.....dpms......brownells and some of the specialty places the guys recommend......have fun you`re going to love it.....p.s. ANY problems, contact armalite immediately.....they have top grade cust-service.....(don`t listen to the guys who don`t like a10`s or maybe jealous....go right to the source)..........[:)]
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 3:11:37 PM EDT
[#6]
All right [heavy]
Everyone needs a battle rifle

If you want to go with the swan sleeve (I got the super swan sleeve)or any other flip up rear “battle sight” you need to get the short Armalite clamp on front sight. The ar-10 front sight is to high for everyting but the ar-10 detachable carry handle (you won’t be able to Zero the rifle).  I poor boy’ed my red dot.  It’s a Tasco Propoint PDP5 35mm.  Some day I will get a Leupold scout scope for it.
Congradulations.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top