Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2001 12:18:42 PM EDT
I initially left the nasty Guard to go active military - thinking I would be in for quite a challenge - instead I found paperwork, BS, and an extreme lacking of common sense. Even in Kosovo. And Kosovo wasn't a war too me - more like candyland where you as a soldier pretend to be a cop. Does such a job exist (short of Special Forces or being a merc) that is not the normal 9-5 routine and which has some level of challenge, adventure, etc? I'll probably ETS as soon as my time is up. This gay "Army of One" stuff is driving me crazy along with the black beret BS [pissed]. I'm thinking about going LEO but wonder what options are out there....  
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 12:22:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 1:06:29 PM EDT
[#2]
DSS
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 1:57:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Being a LEO in South Central or East LA would probably be anything but boring!
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 3:44:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Joining an EMS service as an EMT or Paramedic will get you all the high speed and irregular hours you can stand(and sometimes beyond that...)

Like LE and Firefighters, it takes a certain mindset to become a Paramedic. Crazy isnt necessary but it does help.(plus the ability to keep a cool head when everybody else is screaming bloody murder).
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 3:57:02 PM EDT
[#5]
From what I understand, the border patrol gig can be quite exciting. Military training could get you sent to the front, so to speak.
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 4:51:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Ask Imbroglio

Working the grill at the Burger Barn during lunch hour is extremely high speed and has broken better men.
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 5:12:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Smitty, Maybe you would consider getting into law enforcement and joining one of the many city/ municipal violent crime task forces. No need to interupt your ongoing donut brake unless something headline grabbing happens. It`s the latest thing in LEO fast track programs for ticket punchers and aspiring politicians. Remember, to be successful in todays goverment, you need to master the art of "creative crisis management".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top