Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/30/2005 7:41:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Amazing, just amazing.  The professionalism and quality of our men is beyond belief.  I guess that's what you get when born into freedom and tought that nothing is more important.  I know we've had arguments about things like armor and the administration, but I'll tell you I couldn't be more appreciative, also.  Perhaps tomorrows leaders are over there right now, and will use the absolute courage and mission focus necessary to lead America in the future.

On a side note, what do you think of the iranian presidents comments about 'wiping israel off the face of the map'?.  It got him an interview with TIME magazine, surprise, surprise.   As much as I will criticize the administration, justification, and communication from our administration regarding this war, you've helped demonstrate starkly how important it is to America and the world that we keep chasing these bastards until there's no doubt in anyones mind who won this conflict.

Thank you, and thanks to the other heroes with you.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2005 7:54:17 AM EDT
[#2]
So, why are you purists not criticizing Cincinnatus for the "six tons of accessory crap" hanging off his M-4?

Nice Vltor!
Link Posted: 10/30/2005 8:04:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for the excellent pics.  

And thank you for your service.  Every real American is grateful for what our Servicemen are doing to keep our nation secure.
Link Posted: 10/30/2005 8:08:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Stay safe bro.
Link Posted: 10/30/2005 6:24:14 PM EDT
[#5]
patriotic btt
Link Posted: 10/30/2005 6:41:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Here I thought you were just a great poster, I didn't know you are doing the Lord's work too.
You sir are a cut above.
Link Posted: 10/30/2005 6:42:08 PM EDT
[#7]
fallujah is quite the shit hole.  Your right, that bridge does have an erie sense to it now.

Stay safe.
Link Posted: 10/30/2005 7:10:54 PM EDT
[#8]
THANKS!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/30/2005 7:20:48 PM EDT
[#9]
nice photos
Link Posted: 10/30/2005 7:26:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
THANKS!!!!!!!!

+1
Link Posted: 10/30/2005 7:27:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks a lot for the pics. Are you an infantry officer? Stay safe!
Link Posted: 10/30/2005 7:44:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Great pics. Thanks for sharing. Stay Safe
Link Posted: 10/30/2005 7:50:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Ho-Lee-Crap

Thanks for sharing. Hardcore.
Link Posted: 10/30/2005 7:57:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Awsome stuff!! I love hearing things strait from the horses mouth so to speak. Thanks for your service and stay safe!
Link Posted: 10/30/2005 8:07:11 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
So, why are you purists not criticizing Cincinnatus for the "six tons of accessory crap" hanging off his M-4?

Nice Vltor!

I'm no purist, myself. The way I see it, if it's good enough for our boys, it's bloody well good enough for anything I'm going to do.
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 3:39:02 AM EDT
[#16]
I feel a need to post this one, it's one of my favorites. I'm sure some of you have seen it before. For those of you who haven't. Enjoy.

THE FINAL INSPECTION

The soldier stood and faced God,
Which must always come to pass.
He hoped his shoes were shining,
Just as brightly as his brass.

"Step forward now, you soldier,
How shall I deal with you?
Have you always turned the other cheek?
To My Church have you been true?"

The soldier squared his shoulders and said,
"No, Lord, I guess I ain't.
Because those of us who carry guns,
Can't always be a saint.

I've had to work most Sundays,
And at times my talk was tough.
And sometimes I've been violent,
Because the world is awfully rough.

But, I never took a penny,
That wasn't mine to keep...
Though I worked a lot of overtime,
When the bills got just too steep.

And I never passed a cry for help,
Though at times I shook with fear.
And sometimes, God, forgive me,
I've wept unmanly tears.

I know I don't deserve a place,
Among the people here.
They never wanted me around,
Except to calm their fears.

If you've a place for me here, Lord,
It needn't be so grand.
I never expected or had too much,
But if you don't, I'll understand.

There was a silence all around the throne,
Where the saints had often trod.
As the soldier waited quietly,
For the judgment of his God.

"Step forward now, you soldier,
You've borne your burdens well.
Walk peacefully on Heaven's streets,
You've done your time in Hell."

~Author Unknown~

Link Posted: 10/31/2005 3:51:09 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Damn street hoods painting boobies on the walls. Damn kids

Stay safe

is that mr. poo in the foreground?

get some devil dog! stay safe!

what do you think of your iraqi charges???
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 3:59:20 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Learning young...
img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/Cincinnatus/KidwithanAK.jpg

Not heartbreaking because of the toy AK. Hell, I had toy guns as a kid. LOTS of them.

It's heartbreaking that so many innocents are caught up in this madness, and are being corrupted by their own parents, uncles, etc.

THAT'S what I find heartbreaking.

I have a kid about the same age as that boy and a daughter just a couple of years older.The toughest thing they'll do today is decide what Halloween candy to eat first...I just can't imagine them being in the middle of a war zone
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 3:59:49 AM EDT
[#19]

anybody else besides me think those are beautiful kids? i'm thinking you guys must be making a difference there if these kids have no probs having fun around you. it tells me their parents aren't telling them to watch out for the satanic devils or cursing the infidels behind your back...am i off?
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 4:22:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 4:48:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Thanks for the pics and stay safe.

bomber
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 10:57:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Hello!

I have time for this one post.
All is well.
Had a close call with an RPG the other night.
Cuts and scrapes, sore like after a car wreck.

Great to be here, breathing.
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 11:04:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Keep yer' friggin head down.

Glad to know you're okay.
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 11:10:51 PM EDT
[#24]
"But that's rare. I usually walk, or sometimes I ride in the back of a Nissan PU."

GOOD LORD MAN Don't do that.

At least you have 50-75% chances of no harm in an 1114.   My buddies and I have been there to see a lot of entire crews of Nissan PU's get wasted.   probably at least half a dozen-- multiply that by about 4-6men per vehicle.  

even at 75% most of our guys prefferred walking to the 1114.  half those kill everyone in the 1114.

I really hope the Marine Corps isn't ordering you to ride in thin-skinned vehicles.  
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 11:14:22 PM EDT
[#25]
"anybody else besides me think those are beautiful kids?"

Some of those kids are future terrorists.  

In Samarra parents and older siblings would often slap the shit out of kids for looking at US soldiers.  

Terrorists kill kids and family members of families that sympathize with Americans.
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 1:37:15 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Anaconda is outside Balad- NE of Fallujah.

www.ndu.edu/library/iraq_030206.jpg

That’s interesting:

Baghdad International Airport is called Saddam International in that map.

When do you think they’ll update it?
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 11:28:31 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
"But that's rare. I usually walk, or sometimes I ride in the back of a Nissan PU."

GOOD LORD MAN Don't do that.

At least you have 50-75% chances of no harm in an 1114.   My buddies and I have been there to see a lot of entire crews of Nissan PU's get wasted.   probably at least half a dozen-- multiply that by about 4-6men per vehicle.  

even at 75% most of our guys prefferred walking to the 1114.  half those kill everyone in the 1114.

I really hope the Marine Corps isn't ordering you to ride in thin-skinned vehicles.  

No.
The Corps {officially} says we cannot ride in the Nissans.
But when the QRF rolls, and there's a Marine out there....

...I'd ride a bicycle if it would get me there sooner.

We are very independent out here.  We do what must be done to accomplish the mission.

Link Posted: 11/21/2005 11:31:21 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Amazing, just amazing.  The professionalism and quality of our men is beyond belief.  I guess that's what you get when born into freedom and tought that nothing is more important.  I know we've had arguments about things like armor and the administration, but I'll tell you I couldn't be more appreciative, also.  Perhaps tomorrows leaders are over there right now, and will use the absolute courage and mission focus necessary to lead America in the future.

On a side note, what do you think of the iranian presidents comments about 'wiping israel off the face of the map'?.  

I know nothing of such things. Nor do I care.
I have no idea what is occurring in sports politics or popular culture.
I don't really know what is happening outside of Western Fallujah.
I have no news source.
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 11:33:16 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Hello!

I have time for this one post.
All is well.
Had a close call with an RPG the other night.
Cuts and scrapes, sore like after a car wreck.

Great to be here, breathing.

More on that...  (I'll tell it here, because I sure as hell can't tell my wife...)

We were coming back from an evening foot patrol. Our Firm Base’s outer-most checkpoint/observation post was in sight up ahead.  I dropped back near the rear of the formation, to cover our movement around the last corner before the home stretch (my night vision and Surefire makes this necessary).  The last troops and the Nissan gun truck passed by.  I remained there for a few seconds to see if any heads would pop around any corners.  Nothing.  I stepped it out to catch up with the main body, one of the Iraqi Lieutenants was with me -we alternated walking forwards and backwards until we had made it back into the formation.  It was then that I found myself on my face, in the middle of a black cloud of dirt and heat.  It was quiet, and I had a feeling like déjà vu, that I had just heard an explosion.  I jumped to my feet and ran through the center of the cloud, climbed a small rubble pile so I could look over an adjacent wall. My ears were still ringing, nose was bleeding and my leg hurt like a sonofabitch.  I fired three rounds into the cloud of smoke on the other side of the wall  (I mistakenly believed that a grenade had been tossed over the wall).  My head cleared a little, and I began shouting “La teramee! La teramee!”  (Arabic for cease-fire).  Of course I was the only dope who was shooting.  Once the Iraqis start firing, it’s hard to get them to stop.
As I returned to the site of the explosion, I noticed a section of an RPG tail lying on the ground.  I picked it up and smelled it.  It was the culprit.  One Iraqi soldier had been hit with fragments in his leg.  We carried him to the gun truck, and it sped off to the waiting ambulance, and then on to Camp Fallujah.  He was the only one injured, beside myself.  I just had a few cuts and scrapes, and some over all soreness from being knocked to the ground.  Not worthy of a Purple Heart by any stretch of the imagination (unless you’re John Kerry). I was back operating the next morning (looking for a little payback).
The RPG had probably been fired from the rear.  It hit us while we were directly beneath a streetlight.  It had been fired from the dark. No one saw or heard the launch. We did not get the shooter this time.  The incident DID, however help to illustrate how dangerous it is when you re-enter friendly lines. I had just been trying to impress this upon the Iraqi soldiers.
Earlier this week we had found a cache that included RPGs, just a hundred meters from the site of the attack. (care to guess, in what type of peace-loving building?)

It’s now five days later and I’m still a little sore. If I was 20, I’d probably feel fine. 38 year olds aren’t built to do this shit every day.

Link Posted: 11/21/2005 11:38:24 PM EDT
[#30]
More photos...

Another view from the top...

The little girls are just gorgeous.  I brings me extra joy, each time I see to it that another Wahabi scumbag is put away or put down.  The wahabis actually threaten girls this young for not wearing the Burkha.

Link Posted: 11/21/2005 11:43:06 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Thanks for the pictures and for your service Cincinnatus.  Stay safe and keep up the good work.

Big +1
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 11:46:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Glad to hear you're ok Cinci.

We just had a few RPG's fired at Liberty yesterday and a few in Baghdad close by.   You could see the smoke from the trailer that was blown up in town.

Then, it sounded like there was a gun fight down near Slayer the other night, but it was like 2hours long with a SAW/240 firing 3-6rd bursts every 30-45secs or so....so I think it may have just been firing at a range or a target...

Stay safe.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 12:22:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Uparmor sounds like a dream. This was my open to the world ride when I was there.

But, I'm not there now, and frankly, my war was a tad easier than yours. My enemy wore a uniform.
God Bless, Brother. I'll say a prayer for you.

Semper Fi,
Sgt H
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 1:43:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Bump for the day, because I have a half an hour.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 1:55:08 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Thanks a lot for the pics. Are you an infantry officer? Stay safe!

Yes.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 2:13:19 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
More photos...

The little girls are just gorgeous.  I brings me extra joy, each time I see to it that another Wahabi scumbag is put away or put down.  The wahabis actually threaten girls this young for not wearing the Burkha.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/Cincinnatus/MorePrincesses.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/Cincinnatus/Princesses.jpg

Beautiful children in an ugly land.  What a contrast.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 2:27:25 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Spoken like a dad.

Take care, Cincinnatus.  Thanks for taking the time to post.

Regards,

Rick

Link Posted: 11/22/2005 2:32:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Thank you and stay safe, bro.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 3:20:29 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Thank you and stay safe, bro.

+2

LB
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 4:58:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Dang, that was a little close.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 5:01:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Thanks for the update.

Stay safe!

Link Posted: 11/22/2005 5:21:08 AM EDT
[#42]
We're all very proud of you Cincinnatus.  Thanks for the update.  I'm glad to see you're bringing "Murphy's law" to that corner of the world.

Soldier, scholar, artist, father, citizen... I admire a man who walks dangerously in the streets with an M4 at the ready, and takes the time to capture the laughter of children.

Link Posted: 11/22/2005 4:18:33 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted: I brings me extra joy, each time I see to it that another Wahabi scumbag is put away or put down.  The wahabis actually threaten girls this young for not wearing the Burkha.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 4:58:15 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Soldier, scholar, artist, father, citizen... I admire a man who walks dangerously in the streets with an M4 at the ready, and takes the time to capture the laughter of children.

Well put.  

Cincinnatus,  I am looking forward to the paintings that will be influenced by your current situation.  I just hope there aren't any more forests of green... uh... well... uh...  At any rate, God Bless!

Link Posted: 11/22/2005 5:11:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Thank you sir, and STAY SAFE
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 5:16:37 PM EDT
[#46]
I just love to see happiness on a child's face.

Link Posted: 11/22/2005 6:21:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Stay safe man.

Thanks for the pics.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 6:33:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Cinci, My family and I are so thankful for what you are doing. Thank you man. Keep up the good work and get home safe. You are in our daily prayers!!!!
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 6:38:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Thanks for your duty! You guys kick a lot of ass! Come home safe, and keep killing the baddies.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 6:51:21 PM EDT
[#50]
IM sent
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top