Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:38:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't call anyone after 9 at night or before 11 in the morning.   Unless it is someone I know for a fact will be up and ok to call..  If it is someone im interested in,  I have no problems asking her when is a good time to call.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:42:05 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I grew up with the rule that nobody was to call our house past 9pm.  Period.  If you called at 9:01, my father would admonish you and hang up.  I never fully understood the reasoning behind it until I was on my own.  Now, it pisses me off to no end if someone calls after 9.  

Off subject, but man, your avitar make me tingle.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:45:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm with ya, MM.

Only family or work can call my home number after 9PM. If they do, though, usually it's something important.

I have a cellular - that's free game. Call it whenever you want. I turn it off when I don't want calls.
P.S. Lemme know if you want the #
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:56:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:20:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Dangit, why don't I have MM's number?   I'm starting to feel left out.

Reality check, ladies:  If a man talks to you for any reason other than pure business purposes,
and continues to talk to you for more than...say....20 seconds....he has SOME interest in what
you have that's covered by normal clothing.   And is wondering what it would be like to nail you.

Truth.  20 seconds.  Or often, even LESS.    

Any time a stranger tries to meet you,  he's already THOUGHT about that and has decided to
jump into the game and hope you want to play.

That shouldn't be a great revelation.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! No more calls, please. We have a winner!

Ladies, trust me here. This quoted post is dead on accurate and, speaking as a guy myself, I can tell each and every one of you that our littles cues and signals aren't to hard to figure out. In fact, when it gets right down to it, our signals are pretty obvious to any woman who is even remotely paying attention.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:55:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:58:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Wow.  Y'all have a pretty piss poor opinion of men.  

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but it's the truth, at least for 98% of the men out there.

Women seem to have a hard time accepting this - and always want to insist that 'their freinds' are somehow different.

Sorry, but they're not. That's just the way it is. I wish it was not that way - but it is.

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:07:53 AM EDT
[#8]
What's rhetorical is that I'm 1 of the 2 % who isn't like that, and I'm the last kind of guy they really want.

"Oh I just want a nice guy, someone who makes me laugh...."     aaaahhh yeah.......

But that's well, I have no desire to be sentenced to a relationship in this life anyhow.  If I really wanted a relationship I'd at least make an attempt to rob a bank or something before being locked up.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:14:44 AM EDT
[#9]
It's hell being popular.  Your celebrity status just isn't worth it sometimes is it dear.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:19:19 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't know about you guys, but I don't feel obligated to answer the phone at all. Call my house at the wrong time and you'll get voicemail.

I really hate the people that hang up and call right back. I mean, WTF? No one answered the phone the first time you called, do you really think they're going to answer it the second time?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:57:14 AM EDT
[#11]
that's the main problem of having a job that puts us on call.  it changes the rules.

i hate it. Had a friend call me one night at 1 am i didn't look at the phone. i was on call so i got up answered and was prepared to fix the problem or help the person as i was trying to wake up.  what do i hear on the phone....What's up............

i just hung up.

i was raised 9pm cut off. Dad worked swing shift and strange hours. its not nice or polite. to call after hours. allot of the problem is its 9 her 7 there.  becomes a pain.

as for the Men thing. i use to feel that was incorrect. i mean i wasn't that way.  or so i thought. i think its more on a mood or a timing issue.  i have always conducted my self as a gentleman but then i found one time i didn't. so i guess it is 98% of the men at some time.

Ronald
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:18:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Don't give out your number.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:42:26 AM EDT
[#13]
I call a lot of folks THAT I KNOW it's ok to call late after 9pm.

However, as a matter of courtesy I wouldn't call someone I didn't know well after 9pm...

That courtesy/manners rule has vaporized in the cellular telephone age since that's when so many folks free calling time kicks in.  9pm - 10pm is the highest usage time on a cell phone system.

Like so many other things, "common courtesy" is becomming far less common.  You'll probably need to tell people what time is appropriate to call you.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top