BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 6:20:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Johninaustin,

I like that phrase, "The Alamo Fantasy." It does seem to be a popular theme among SHTF theorists. But you know what? These threads can be pretty useful; they expose Walter Middy types.  

=================================================

GeoffM24,

You know, stuff on the internet has a tendency to go awry. Remember your "Soldiers carrying multiple AR uppers" thread? On that one you had "experts" declaring the virtual gun vault they'd tote around.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 6:42:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I think I led this thread slightly in the wrong direction.

I like my guns to have a purpose, a reason that they are better then another gun.  For example, why buy a FAL if the AR can do everything just as well in the shorter range and a real target rifle would be better in the longer ranges.  

I don't think that any SHTF scenerio is very likely but I like the idea of having the right tools (gun) for the right situation.

I also love military weapons and the history behind them.  To me a AR15, Garand, Mauser, FAL have more character then a regular old hunting rifle because they had a purpose.

When it all boils down I think I just want a FAL and want to justify having one but it is interesting to learn the benefits of every rifle.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 6:48:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I agree with the post the reason to purchase a .308 is because you have a WANT for one.  Also, for those that want to take "Be Prepared" to the Nth degree, I suppose having a .308, in addition to an AR15 would be for "just in case the need arises" scenario.

I own two AR15, one AR15 in 9mm and one M1A.  All preban and ready to go.  In addtion, I own one sig 226 and one sig 228, both in 9mm when I feel the need for shooting pistols.

Just my .02 worth.  Go Wolverines!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 8:58:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Look, if you want a FAL, just buy a FAL.  No further justifacion is necessary.  Hell, I've got doubles, triples, and even quadruples of some guns - and its not because I have four arms to shoot them all at once in a SHTF scenario; its merely because I [b]want[/b] them.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top