User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:20:22 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
he probably kept you from going to prison....you owe him BIG...no pun intended

Seeing as your from a "slave" state I can understand why you are thinking that.  But a iron bar is a weapon, and one that will break through a cars glass.  Thats assault with a deadly weapon and here in Arizona, he would have been justified in shooting him if he swung at the glass.  Nor would there be any penalty in this state for drawing on him once he produced the iron bar because the thug produced a dangerous weapon first.

Stuff like this is what having CCW is all about.  If Ohio had a real CCW system you would understand this.  Just go over the border into PA and see.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:20:33 PM EDT
[#2]
How about keeping a putter or 5 iron wedged in the floor space between the drivers seat and the back seat? Dude pulls out a metal bar, you pull out your 5 iron.

I love when these would-be he-men get all hopped up and want to 'get it on' over some slight. I'm like: I'm a short-fused loose cannon (Must be the Irish in me [;)) spoiling for a fight - which is why I've only actually been in a few of them. A calm, Ice-cool, non chalant stare like "wtf? you talkin to me?" and then a 'put down the [insert weapon] and be a man, or get back in yer car and let's race'. Usually they want to race.

If they want to fight, offer to race them to the next park (and then call 911 on them for aggressive driving, brandishing a weapon, etc.)...and don't speed to the 'park' just continue on your way after they floor it laughing their tails off (and attracting the police).
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:27:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wasn't going to start shooting. I just wanted to have the gun in my hand if I needed it.

That the pipe easily could have come through your side window and left you severely injured or dead.

One of my roommates friends and his girlfriend were recently assaulted with a steel pipe at penns landing in philly.  he had his skull fractured and she took a hit on the temple and now is perminantly disabled due to equilibrium issues.  Ask me if i think shooting someone with a pipe is justifiable.

When you stop behind a vehicle, you should be able to see where their rear tires meet the road.  That's a good way to judge a safe distance to allow egress.

(note that the following is probably a bit easier advice to follow in my Crown Vic than in your M3)

Realize that drivable terrain isn't just paved roads (though your vehicle selection determines what drivable terrain is).  If you need to get away quick, don't care about trashing someone's yard or driving on the sidewalk.  There are no traffic laws when your life is in danger.  Try to stop in the far left or right lanes to prevent yourself from getting boxed in.  If you are boxed in, depending on the percieved threat, don't hesitate to ram someone out of the way.

Three rules for potentially lethal encounters while in a vehicle are:

1) Drive away
2) Preferably over your attacker
3) if all else fails get out and fight. (do not stay in an immobilized vehicle, cars are bullet magnets)
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:33:46 PM EDT
[#4]
"light traffic"   i woulda run the red light at the first possable chance.  driven to the nearest public parking lot or police station.   if all else fails shoot.  if you can get your gun from underneight fat boys belly resting on the glove box
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:37:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted: There's a lesson to learn here. Don't let fat people block access to your gun. All I could think while all this was happening was that I was going to die because my friend is so fat, he can't move out of the way.
Oh man, now that's a lousy way to die!. You should've pulled a U-turn so you can taunt the punk some more. He can't catch you in that POS of his.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:45:29 PM EDT
[#6]
TS, glad you're okay, but does your car have a console box between the seats?  Put the gun, in its holster, in the box.  Problem solved.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:48:02 PM EDT
[#7]
fat guy saved your ass. You'd have been arrested in the very least. The correct response here would have been to pick a hole in traffic and run the red light,  escaping the threat with a minimum of risk.

good think you were safe though. Careful about calling big guys "fat ass" though. some of us have a mean streak and will pummel your skinny little ass if you do that....
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:51:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Steel bar = deadly weapon

Screaming and swinging it + blocked by redlight and traffic = fear of life

The fact that you don't carry on your person = dumbass move.

i hope you learn from your mistake. Many people don't get a second chance to wake up to the real world.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:51:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
TS, glad you're okay, but does your car have a console box between the seats?  Put the gun, in its holster, in the box.  Problem solved.  

Thanks mang!

There is storage between the seats but it's only big enough for a pack of smokes.  There is only one concealed storage container large enough for a pistol, and that's the glove box. I think I'm going to investigate getting a nylon holster and attaching it to the bottom of the drivers seat.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:56:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks mang!

There is storage between the seats but it's only big enough for a pack of smokes.  There is only one concealed storage container large enough for a pistol, and that's the glove box. I think I'm going to investigate getting a nylon holster and attaching it to the bottom of the drivers seat.

What is your car carry piece? Maybe you need a piece that's smaller to fit in there.  I've seen an advertisment on this site, I think it's MissouriCarry.com, that has a carrying box, IIRC it has a little wire that you hook to wherever you want in the car.  Or, maybe you could find a lockbox of some type, and devise a way to hook it under your seat.  

Deej

ETA-I think you shouldn't keep it in the glove box anymore.  If you're dealing with an attacker, it takes time to unhook your seatbelt(not advocating you NOT wearing your belt, you should) , and reach over to the glove box.  Time is worth a lot when you try to save your life.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:56:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The correct response here would have been to pick a hole in traffic and run the red light,

Where does this come from?  Practically, it may be a good option, but legally the standard is "safely retreat" not "risk you life trying to retreat."  Sounds to me like running a red light would be a pretty risky move and I am curious if you have a case or any authority saying it is the correct response?  
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:58:47 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

You did the right thing. Fuck it if the other guy gets "pissed off" because of some percieved slight.  If this guy had hit you he would have been doing the same thing, screaming at you, blaming you, etc...  It is the "LOOTER MENTALITY"

OOOH-RAH!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:58:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The correct response here would have been to pick a hole in traffic and run the red light,

Where does this come from?  Practically, it may be a good option, but legally the standard is "safely retreat" not "risk you life trying to retreat."  Sounds to me like running a red light would be a pretty risky move and I am curious if you have a case or any authority saying it is the correct response?  

It is total BS.  A dude within a few feet with a big bar screaming with road rage? You have to be joking, that has deadly force all over it.

Intent. Ability. Threat. Blocked in by traffic.

He probably has a violent criminal background.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:59:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Ah, the inevitable invertebrate post.

HOW DARE HE GO FOR A GUN!!! Obviously someone from the lower economic strata expressing his disappointment with life’s vagaries and injustices.*
*FYI: It is legal to use lethal force in Texas to defend your property.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:59:10 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Maybe next time, SLOW DOWN, instead of "nailing it" and trying to beat him ??

Whipping past someone at high-speed, and cutting them off IS kinda likely to make them a little perturbed, at times.....

And put the fat guy in the back seat tomorrow  

Now don't get me wrong here, this isn't the stupidest fucking thing I've ever heard here on ARFCOM, I'm not implying that at all. What I am saying...is that this is probably the third most stupid thing I've ever heard on ARFCOM.

If you don't let an un-insured jackass hit your car because he's driving like shit or you don't let him think he won by slamming on the brakes and possibly getting into an accident with someone else so that he can get in front of you, is actually you asking for trouble.

Holy shit that's dumb.

You must be one of those drivers that slams on their brakes every 5 seconds when they think they see something out of the corner of their eyes and goes 10mph under the speed limit because some how you think that shit is safe.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:00:55 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So it's your fat friend's fault you drive a small shitbox?

It's a BMW M3. While not a large car. I wouldn't classify it as a "shitbox"

But...is it a manual or automatic transmission?

I mean...any automatic is a shitbox

Nice ride, you have my approval.  I'm sure you'll sleep better now
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:03:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Hahah......good laugh, could have been serious.

I think there's another thread on how to lose weight really fast....maybe tag that for your friend!

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:04:39 PM EDT
[#18]
I like M3's but it pisses me off that a $40,000 car wouldn't have a bigger console.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:05:26 PM EDT
[#19]
350 lbs! I would have tied him to the roof/hood. Even the load out and not torture one side of the car like that.

I drive a blazer and I have a dog house. I keep napkins and registation in the glove box. The dog house gets the hog leg.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:08:41 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
There's a lesson to learn here. Don't let fat people block access to your gun. All I could think while all this was happening was that I was going to die because my friend is so fat, he can't move out of the way.

How about - don't be a stupid F%&K and put your gun in the glove compartment where you can't immediately get to it.

+1. You should not have to reach for your weapon. Doesn't do you any good if you do.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:13:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But...is it a manual or automatic transmission?

I mean...any automatic is a shitbox

Nice ride, you have my approval.  I'm sure you'll sleep better now

LOL!! Funny!!

It's an SMG tranny.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:14:11 PM EDT
[#22]
In my Yukon my G-21 in Holster fits right beside where the seat belt connects on my right side. Stays put pretty good and is easy to deploy. Experiment, find a place, velcro under dash etc.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:37:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:39:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Next time just hide it it in one of fat boy's belly rolls.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:44:29 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Next time just hide it it in one of fat boy's belly rolls.

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:51:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:52:19 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Man armed with a steel bar jumps out his car and threates you and your friends.  You fear for your life and their. You pull gun and shoot homey the ass wipe.

You're not going to prison in Texas for this.

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:58:41 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Man armed with a steel bar jumps out his car and threates you and your friends.  You fear for your life and their. You pull gun and shoot homey the ass wipe.

You're not going to prison in Texas for this.

+1.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:00:51 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

members.roadfly.com/agent7/M3/M3_360_bridge.jpg

OWN3D!

Bimmer owner here to.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:18:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Situations such as this call for the *Hostess maneuver.

Should a robust individual, in the future, block your only means of self defense, be tactically prepared.

At all times, you should have in your posession at least one snack cake.

It has many uses; survival ration, bribe, wheel chock, or spur of the moment gift.

The bribe/gift aspect could have helped immensly in your unfortunate confrontation. Briefly flashing the snack cake into the sight line of a rotund omnivore will cause immediate salivation (helpful in later steps). The aformentioned pastry is then lofted over your shoulder into the rear passenger compartment of your vehicle. Drawn by the sound of the crinkling wrapper, the subject will lunge into the rear of the motor car. While physically imposible under normal circumstances, the lubricating effect of the saliva, coupled with an insatiable desire to feed, will culminate with a popping sound as the large mass enters the rear seat area with amazing agility.

You have now gained access to the entirety of your vehicle's front section, helpful not only in your situation, but also handy to retrieve quarters from your cup holder for an approaching toll booth.

* Not responsible for injury to small children, pets, frail backseat passengers, or eggs in grocery bags.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:34:58 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

members.roadfly.com/agent7/M3/M3_360_bridge.jpg

OWN3D!

Bimmer owner here to.

+1...and with the size of your friends, next time make it an M5.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:43:01 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Should a robust individual, in the future, block your only means of self defense, be tactically prepared.

It has many uses; survival ration, bribe, wheel chock, or spur of the moment gift.

The bribe/gift aspect could have helped immensly in your unfortunate confrontation. Briefly flashing the snack cake into the sight line of a rotund omnivore will cause immediate salivation (helpful in later steps). The aformentioned pastry is then lofted over your shoulder into the rear passenger compartment of your vehicle. Drawn by the sound of the crinkling wrapper, the subject will lunge into the rear of the motor car. While physically imposible under normal circumstances, the lubricating effect of the saliva, coupled with an insatiable desire to feed, will culminate with a popping sound as the large mass inters the rear seat area with amazing agility.

You have now gained access to the entirety of your vehicle's front section, helpful not only in your situation, but also handy to retrieve quarters from your cup holder for an approaching toll booth.

* Not responsible for injury to small children, pets, frail backseat passengers, or eggs in grocery bags.

I would not want some 350lb. guy jumping into the backseat of an M3. I'd throw it out the window
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:05:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Why didn't you just slow down?   The whole situation would have been averted....
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:09:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Real friends would have jumped out and rushed him.

I'm 330 lbs and I would of gotten out and beat his ass for you, then you buy lunch
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:11:53 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Gun under the seat in a holster.  

+10
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:12:08 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Real friends would have jumped out and rushed him.

+1.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:19:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:20:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Owned?  I don't think so.

As another poster said, put any moderately tall person (6'2 and up) in the front seat, and you cannot access your firearm when you need it.  That isn't the passenger's fault, fat or not.

Get a 7 series, and you won't have that problem :)

As a sidebar, it's hard to believe how small those 3 and 5 series cars are on the inside.  Oy!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:26:32 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

The bribe/gift aspect could have helped immensly in your unfortunate confrontation. Briefly flashing the snack cake into the sight line of a rotund omnivore will cause immediate salivation (helpful in later steps). The aformentioned pastry is then lofted over your shoulder into the rear passenger compartment of your vehicle. Drawn by the sound of the crinkling wrapper, the subject will lunge into the rear of the motor car. While physically imposible under normal circumstances, the lubricating effect of the saliva, coupled with an insatiable desire to feed, will culminate with a popping sound as the large mass inters the rear seat area with amazing agility.

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:29:04 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Why didn't you just slow down?   The whole situation would have been averted....

It is permissible to read the thread before responding. If I had slowed down or braked, he would have t-boned me. What's next: "Why didn't you stay home from work that day, the whole situation would have been averted......"
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:36:31 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Whipping past someone at high-speed, and cutting them off IS kinda likely to make them a little perturbed, at times.....

Get a car. Drive for a while. Post when you know what you're talking about. The poster clearly said he'd have been T-boned had he not scooted out of the way.

2d choice: keep your keyboard out of reach of your asshole. It makes you look like a fool every time you let it post.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:37:26 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Get a car. Drive for a while. Post when you know what you're talking about. The poster clearly said he'd have been T-boned had he not scooted out of the way.

2d choice: keep your keyboard out of reach of your asshole. It makes you look like a fool every time you let it post.

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:40:16 PM EDT
[#43]
You did the right thing:  you removed yourself (albeit a little late) from the danger.  If the gang banger would have jumped back in his Honda, followed you further, and forced you off the road for round two, the next thing he should be hearing is the sound of bullets hitting his body.  Or if he smashed your window at the first stop with the metal bar, he should be dead.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top