Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:44:25 AM EDT
[#1]

police officer-usualy a questionable background, or out of shape and could not pass the PFT

Sounds like most of the cops I know.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:54:34 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.atfabuse.com/rapeofliberty2.jpg

That lady with the scales is a bit too hot the purposes of that illustration. It's eliciting the wrong emotion from me.

Yeah, I wish they would have waited until she already had her hands behind her head when they snapped that photo...
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:01:38 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It's a name given to police by those who have applied but could not for whatever reason get hired as a police officer-usualy a questionable background, or out of shape and could not pass the PFT.

So they sit back on their computer, and talk all this crap about how when the "JBT's" come to take their guns, they won't be taken alive.  Oh-and they wear camo and usually have big beer guts also, and critique special operations missions and argue about why Navy SEALs are so bad, and what they will do when the "SHTF."

And a whole shitload can be found here...

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:03:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Whoa!  

Am I gonna have to separate you boys???  (guote from Burgess Meredith, "Grandpa Gustafson" in Grumpy Old Men, chiding Jack Lemon, his son "Jack Gustafson", and Walter Matthau, "Max Goldman" for fighting)

Time out guys, both sides.

LEO's, if you are not willing to "just follow orders" even if you know they are unconstitutional, and just plain immoral, then you are not a JBT, and citizens such as myself have no problem with that.  You know what is "over the line" and what is not.  

And to the rest of you, SHEESH!  95%-98% of LEOs are NOT shooting dogs and roughing up old ladies.  The ones that are deserve our condemnation, as well as that of the other 95%-98% of LEO's.  The others are good guys trying to do the right thing.  I know a lot of them in my area.  Good guys all of them.

Back to the LEO's... yeah, most of us "civilians" are upset over the CHiP's and OK Nat Guard going door to door.  Those guys were not enforcing any law, they were "just following orders", and it should sicken you as it does me.  It wouldn't hurt a bit for you to say so.  So, when civilians see you making excuses for JBT actions, it pisses us off.

Back to the citizens, you have seen some isolated incidents caused by some inept leadership, illegal orders on behalf of the city of New Orleans.  But to paint all LEO's with the same brush is highly unfair.  Many LEO's and Fire & Rescue personell went to the gulf coast with a genuine desire to do good, and they are.  Give them a break, why don't you?

Why don't you all take a break, you guys all sound childish... "Are, too!"  "Am not!"  "Are, too!"  "Am not!"  "Are, too!"  "Am not!"  "Are, too!"  "Am not!"  

Sheesh!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:18:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
LEO's, if you are not willing to "just follow orders" even if you know they are unconstitutional, and just plain immoral, then you are not a JBT, and citizens such as myself have no problem with that.  You know what is "over the line" and what is not.  

As I have seen over the years here, everyone has a different idea of what is or is not "unconstitutional". It is not as black and white as many people here want to claim.

And to the rest of you, SHEESH!  95%-98% of LEOs are NOT shooting dogs and roughing up old ladies.  The ones that are deserve our condemnation, as well as that of the other 95%-98% of LEO's.

So you'd rather see us get bit? No thanks.I know that shooting dogs has become this great anaology about abuse of force around here, but there are some pretty legitimate reasons to be totally legal in shooting a dog.

The others are good guys trying to do the right thing.  I know a lot of them in my area.  Good guys all of them.

Amazing how the officers a poster personally knows are rarely lumpedm into the "good guy" column. Any of you ever figure that the ones you know are really no different than the ones you don't know?

Why don't you all take a break, you guys all sound childish... "Are, too!"  "Am not!"  "Are, too!"  "Am not!"  "Are, too!"  "Am not!"  "Are, too!"  "Am not!"  

Sheesh!

Agreed.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:57:25 AM EDT
[#6]
And to the rest of you, SHEESH! 95%-98% of LEOs are NOT shooting dogs and roughing up old ladies. The ones that are deserve our condemnation, as well as that of the other 95%-98% of LEO's.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you'd rather see us get bit? No thanks.I know that shooting dogs has become this great anaology about abuse of force around here, but there are some pretty legitimate reasons to be totally legal in shooting a dog.

Of course not, guy.   Unfortunately the written word does not easily convey dripping sarcasm in my use of stereotyping.  I should have said

"[sarcasm]95%-98% of LEOs are NOT shooting dogs and roughing up old ladies.[/sarcasm]" - which is what I meant to convey.

I think you and I are in full agreement.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:09:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I think he meant commendation, not condemnation.

Anyway, if one cop in one hundred is a JBT, thats 7,000 JBTs.

They are out there, but the word is used WAY too often.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top