BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:07:27 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Govt agent/spokesperson... "Yes, this was a suicide. Yes, there was an explosive/bomb. Yes the person killed themself with an explosive/bomb. No, It was NOT a suicide bomber."

What one is it suicide bomber or not????   Killing yourself with a bomb kinda makes you a suicide bomber.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:10:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Govt agent/spokesperson... "Yes, this was a suicide. Yes, there was an explosive/bomb. Yes the person killed themself with an explosive/bomb. No, It was NOT a suicide bomber."

What one is it suicide bomber or not????

They are saying it was a suicide by bomb and not a suicide bomber who intended to kill others.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:12:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:13:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are saying it was a suicide by bomb and not a suicide bomber who intended to kill others.

Ahhhh... I guess he was using a shape charge and had a back up bomb for "just in case"
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:14:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Homicide bomber vs Suicide bomber.

When was the last time an American committed suicide by blowing themselves up??

I was at Purdue during 9/11.  We had the largest alien student (read muslim) population in the country and a armory full of M16A1's and M60's.  All armed forces personell trained with a weapon were put on standby and the doors to the armory(central all branch ROTC building) were blocked with vehicles.  We didn't know WTF was going on.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:14:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Out of curiosity, anyone know how many people in the US commit suicide with a bomb
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:16:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
We have a mosk that is about 1/4 mile from where it all took place.

While I don't doubt this was a suicide bombing, the existence of a mosque near the school means nothing.
How many mosques were near the WTC?

But yes, I'm sure this is a suicide bombing - notice the complete blackout?
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:17:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Out of curiosity, anyone know how many people in the US commit suicide with a bomb

Well, back during my freshman year at RIT (00-01) we had a CompSci major try it.

Filled a soup can full of blackpowder or something, held it to his head, and set it off. Held the curved side to his head, so it just blew his hands off.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:18:46 PM EDT
[#9]
You know, the Brits have employed anti bomber devices for several decades.  Does anybody think it might just be possible that some .Gov types may have helped this ROP'er get to paradise in slightly premature manner?

Maybe the .Gov types don't want to tip their hand, or maybe they simply don't wish to share with the sheeple.

Maybe the ROP'ers chemistry-fu was a little weak, and his hands a little unsteady.

If we ever learn the truth it will be by accident.            
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:19:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I would say none
If  every thing is correct on what has been reported so far , this has terrorism written all over it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:20:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Maybe the .Gov types don't want to tip their hand, or maybe they simply don't wish to share with the sheeple.

If it was an attack, and the .gov did know something, it's for the best that they black it out.

You do not want to tip your hand, or tip that you've got nothing in your hand.  OPSEC, after all. Although with the whole "you must know everything!" campaign that's occured since Vietnam everybody kinda forgets it, even me sometimes and I should know better.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:27:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Tag
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:29:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Any news from the cop on the inside?????
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:36:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If it was an attack, and the .gov did know something, it's for the best that they black it out.

You do not want to tip your hand, or tip that you've got nothing in your hand.  OPSEC, after all. Although with the whole "you must know everything!" campaign that's occured since Vietnam everybody kinda forgets it, even me sometimes and I should know better.

Maybe the case.  Regardless of the truth, it will be a crazed white dude for the public dissemination.  Does anybody really believe that if it were a moozlim student that they would tell us?  No friggin' way.  "Peace Loving"
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:40:02 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe the case.  Regardless of the truth, it will be a crazed white dude for the public dissemination.  Does anybody really believe that if it were a moozlim student that they would tell us?  No friggin' way.  "Peace Loving"

Loosen up the tinfoil.
If it was an Al-Q tango, they would do one of two things - not tell us, or tell us.
But the .gov wouldn't outright LIE.
They omit the truth, sure, but it would be hard to say it was some white dude and not release any info i.e. name, motive, etc.

Chill out.
When the DC sniper got caught, it was reported that he was a black muslim.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:54:23 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think the media  with the goverment is not sure how to report this at this time.We have suffered  with 911, but how would we handle these kind of bombings if they were to start.? I think that  mosques would be fire bombed by some people all over the country.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 10:02:02 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would say none
If  every thing is correct on what has been reported so far , this has terrorism written all over it.

+1
I have never heard of anyone inside the US intentionally committing suicide with a bomb
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 10:04:11 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just went to go get my car and we could get close to where I was parked. The local news is off, but there are several cops, fbi, etc all over campus.
I think is was just a sucide. If they wanted to hurt people where were 80k people a few hundred yards away and the bars were packed sholder to sholder. I'm sure it will be on Fox any time .

Hopefully this is the case. Cant help but wonder though, if maybe that was his intention, and just had a premature detonation/malfunction.

That's what I was thinking.  Even more so for the fact that there was a 2nd bomb...

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 10:05:06 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would say none

+1
I have never heard of anyone inside the US intentionally committing suicide with a bomb

Thats what I was thinking.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 10:12:41 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Loosen up the tinfoil.
If it was an Al-Q tango, they would do one of two things - not tell us, or tell us.
But the .gov wouldn't outright LIE.
They omit the truth, sure, but it would be hard to say it was some white dude and not release any info i.e. name, motive, etc.

Chill out.
When the DC sniper got caught, it was reported that he was a black muslim.

No tinfoil.  I simply don't trust .gov.  I'm not saying it was a moozlim.  I concur that the mid-road between the truth and a LIE is most likely.  In other words, BULLSHIT.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 10:13:41 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think the media  with the goverment is not sure how to report this at this time.We have suffered  with 911, but how would we handle these kind of bombings if they were to start.? I think that  mosques would be fire bombed by some people all over the country.

Exactly the reason why I believe what I noted above.  Some level of half-truths.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 12:16:09 AM EDT
[#22]
First hand accounts, no matter how many there may be, are not dupes, you dorks.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 12:42:49 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

+1

It's happened. As I said, I know of one.

It's unusual, but it occurs. Typically because it takes a lot of planning and a lot of suicides are rather spur of the moment things where the person doesn't really want to die.

A second device would be odd though. I'd wait for more information before jumping to any conclusion. We, here, simply do not have enough data.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 12:50:07 AM EDT
[#24]
damn, my hometowns going to shit.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 1:12:06 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

It's happened. As I said, I know of one.

It's unusual, but it occurs. Typically because it takes a lot of planning and a lot of suicides are rather spur of the moment things where the person doesn't really want to die.

A second device would be odd though. I'd wait for more information before jumping to any conclusion. We, here, simply do not have enough data.

No, we don't have enough information to draw any conclusions
but, it certainly looks like a premature detonation of bus bound bombs
since the original detonation and the crime scene was in the vicinity of the buses

www.amjforensicmedicine.com/pt/re/ajfmp/abstract.00000433-200303000-00011.htm;jsessionid=D1iGVx6tThuWmK1CpjZXCqsJnoCA62AascJuHxyqsi23f5U35qmH!-1383460204!-949856144!9001!-1
Suicidal explosions that lack a terrorist background are only rarely encountered in the field of forensic pathology.
(I can't get ANY to show up on google without a state\year to look for-except for todays of course)
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 10:00:15 AM EDT
[#26]
any updates???
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 10:05:53 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
We have a mosk that is about 1/4 mile from where it all took place.

While I don't doubt this was a suicide bombing, the existence of a mosque near the school means nothing.How many mosques were near the WTC?

But yes, I'm sure this is a suicide bombing - notice the complete blackout?

Uh, sure it does...where do you think the crop of US suicide bombers are going to come from...the local Roman Catholic church? The UCC down the street? The local Temple Beth Zion?

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 10:19:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Has anyone been out to the site yet? or is it still closed off to public?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 10:25:40 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Unwind the tinfoil guys. The lib media would love a muslim attack here at home.
Give it time, the news will get out.

$10 says it is Khalid Muhammed Rahim...just a guess.

I think it was Sarah Brady.  She was so pissed that the bitch anti-war protester was getting so much attention and that the NRA released footage of their fund raiser at the French Embasy, that she got depressed.  And in a last ditch effort to get attention, blew her dumb ass up.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 12:44:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Updates?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 2:20:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Here is a blogger that has a running timeline with information I have not seen in any
media sources with some tie ins to 911 via residence of hijackers, several pics too

THIS IS FROM A BLOG, NOT A VETTED NEWS SOURCE

floppingaces.blogspot.com/2005/10/oklahoma-bombing.html
two excerpts:

excerpt 1) Based on the reports from the MSM (and we know how reliable those can be) there seems to be much more to this then meets the eye. This sounds like any number of suicide bomber stories we hear about in Iraq where the bomb goes off too early. He is close to location that holds many people compacted together to maximize casualities but the device goes off early. I have a feeling this will turn out pretty big fellas. How many more devices were found around the area?

No way this guy was getting into the stadium with these devices so it appears he was waiting for the game to end and the crowds to exit.

Shall I throw in another twist?

19. In or about early July 2000, Mohammed Atta (#11) and Marwan al-Shehhi (#175) visited the Airman Flight School in Norman, Oklahoma.

34. On or about September 29, 2000, ZACARIAS MOUSSAOUI contacted Airman Flight School in Norman, Oklahoma using an e-mail account he set up on September 6 with an internet service provider in Malaysia.

45. On or about February 26, 2001, ZACARIAS MOUSSAOUI opened a bank account in Norman, Oklahoma, depositing approximately $32,000 cash.

46. Between on or about February 26, 2001, and on or about May 29, 2001, ZACARIAS MOUSSAOUI attended the Airman Flight School in Norman, Oklahoma, ending his classes early.

48. In or about March 2001, ZACARIAS MOUSSAOUI joined a gym in Norman, Oklahoma.

53. In or about June 2001, in Norman, Oklahoma, ZACARIAS MOUSSAOUI made inquiries about starting a crop dusting company.

65. Between on or about July 29 and August 2, 2001, in Norman, Oklahoma, ZACARIAS MOUSSAOUI made several telephone calls from public telephones to a number in Duesseldorf, Germany ("German Telephone # 2").

excerpt 2)
2037HRS PST
A KWTV photogs was in one of the upper deck sections on the west side when it happened. He said everyone in that area knew it wasn't the Ruf-Neks...way too loud and "bass-y"... and a couple of people even commented at the time that the sound had a "Murrah Building" quality. He said almost immediately he noticed the dozens of troopers and police ringing the field began leaving the stadium. He went down and noticed people who were trying to exit at halftime were being told to return to their seats because there was a search underway in the area. Then an announcement was made for all the bus drivers who'd parked in the affected areas to report to a certain gate area of the stadium, so that's when he knew something was up.

2110HRS PST
I just got home from the game. They are calling it a suicide bomber and they found another bomb unexploded. One of my son's fraternity brothers was within about 30 yards of the blast and felt the heat on his face outside the science hall which is also near the stadium.

The police were interviewing him and one of the girls that was over at the fraternity (I park there) because she saw two men run in the stadium after the explosion and separate.

It was so loud. I told my son and daughter along with my son's friend that it sounded like a bomb. We didn't have any confirmation until the girl behind us got a call as it had scrolled across the screen.

Last I heard, they were looking for two more suspects, they blew up the second bomb, have bomb dogs all over campus going through the buildings that were open, and they couldn't tell if the person blown up was a man or woman.

Our news has very few details other than FBI is on the scene. Think every Norman cop from the looks of it is on the campus. We had to exit through the east and north sides and walk around as they had the south oval closed off from Lindsey to the Library.

What a scarey situation -- it was so freaky to hear that loud explosion and then absolutely zero news but we could see police cars all around from where we sit in the stadium. Didn't hear a word until the 4th quarter when the lady behind us received a call!

2114HRS PST
I just posted what happened as I was at the game so I might as well post what a girl at my son's fraternity said. She is Iranian (Persian) and she said two dark Middle Eastern types came running into the stadium and separated several minutes after the bomb went off. She said since she was Middle Eastern she felt safe in saying they fit the profile. She made a point of saying they were much darker skinned then the Iranian people and when she heard the bomb blast, she was convinced at the time it was a suicide bomb and these two were part of what was happening.

Word we are getting is that they were on their way to the stadium to make a statement by blowing it up there. My daughter and I walked the long way back to my son's fraternity house as they had closed off a large part of the campus and was behind someone (he was wearing a suit) on the phone and his wife was telling everyone around to get as far away from the stadium as possible. Freaky night!

1921HRS PST
I don't think this was a pipe bomb -- the explosion was huge. Everyone jumped around us and first thing everyone thought was that it was a bomb but we couldn't get any info until the 4th quarter when people started calling people in the stands as it scrolled across the bottom of the screen.

There was pretty much of a news blackout until the game was almost over. You could barely get a cell phone call out as the circuits were all busy.

2139HRS PST
If they had student tickets, they would have scanned them right in -- takes about 20 seconds or less to be scanned and near halftime there are so many people milling around the stadium, no one would have paid much attention. This particular girl did because she comes from that part of the world. She heard the blast and then saw these two guys split and she was sure they were part of it.

BTW, security at the gates tonight was a joke! If you have a ticket, you can get right in before half because there are no crowds waiting to get in the stadium. You walk up, hand them your ticket, they scan, and away you go. With so many people around before and during halftime, you could get lost easily.

2208HRS PST
All they are doing is saying it was a suicide bomber officially. Unofficially, they say there are two other people they want to question who left the scene. Since there was another bomb, would say it was a good chance there was at least one more and on local radio as well as from someone near the blast who was being interviewed when my daughter and I left my son's fraternity, would say at least two.

2228HRS PST
There are bomb sniffing dogs all around and my son who is a GA and had to unlock his office, was told they are going to do a sweep of the campus.

2239HRS PST
My son's fraternity brother saw pieces of flesh tossed around and it came across the news that the person couldn't be immediately identified as to whether it was a man or woman because they were blown to bits. He actually felt the heat from the bomb blast and was thrown back. Then he took off running along with several others toward Elm to get as far away as he could.

All I know is what I heard and was told. A girl in the sorority next door was near also and said the same thing. They were being interviewed as my daughter and I left the fraternity to get out of the area.

2245HRS PST
I almost freaked when I got to my son's fraternity and heard them talking. The side of the face of his fraternity brother was still red -- that's how close he was. He said at the time all he could think to do was run and then wondered if someone thought he was involved so he called the cops to report what he had seen and they showed up as my daughter and I were leaving.

2324HRS PST
I just spoke with an aunt of mine who lives in Tulsa. She and her husband were at the game tonight and they saw the area marked with police tape. She spoke with one of the cops and he stated that there were "multiple devices" in the cordoned area. The cops on the scene think that the bomber was trying to attach the bombs to the parked buses when a bomb detonated before he could do so.

2327HRS PST
Threatcon raised at Air Force Academy?

self | 9/17/05 | NeverGore

Posted on 09/17/2005 11:10:10 AM PDT by nevergore

As many of you know, my daughter is a Cadet at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs. She's at the football game and Security Forces are out in full force and full gear. Supposedly there is a just released Al Queda tape just released showing a film of the cadets marching into the stadium with an Arabic announcer spouting threats.
They are taking this seriously and have begun briefing the Cadets. I can't find out anything on the news sources yet...

HAS ANYONE ELSE HEARD ANTHING?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 2:24:28 PM EDT
[#32]
The other thread has the name of the bomber announced on page 13

Sorry I can't link it because I'm using access from work..but I'm sure its on the first page of the GD

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 2:27:16 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
The other thread has the name of the bomber announced on page 13

Sorry I can't link it because I'm using access from work..but I'm sure its on the first page of the GD

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=395329&page=13
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:07:11 PM EDT
[#34]
OU says student who blew himself up had history of problems
Extensive campus search turns up no other explosive devices

October 2, 2005
ARNOLD HAMILTON
The Dallas Morning News
www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/100305dntexsuicide.b6e9d8ae.html
NORMAN, Okla. – A University of Oklahoma student who killed himself by detonating a bomb near the jam-packed Sooner football stadium apparently had a history of emotional problems, authorities said Sunday.

Federal and state agents identified the man as John Henry Hinrichs III, 21, an engineering major at OU.

"He clearly was a very bright student," Mr. Boren said, yet one who "had very serious personal problems that led to this tragic death."

Mr. Hinrichs' father, Joel Henry Hinrichs Jr., said he was very surprised to hear the news about his son.

"We exchanged e-mails on an irregular basis, several in the last month, and nothing seemed out the ordinary," the father told The Associated Press.

His son was a National Merit Scholar who graduated in May 2002 from Wasson High School in Colorado Springs, Colo., and began attending OU in the fall of that year with a major in mechanical engineering.

"He was a very intelligent, very private individual who somehow lost the confidence that his life would be a good one," the elder Hinrichs said. "Obviously, every parent believes their son is a good kid, and I certainly believed that about mine."

Mr. Boren said authorities told him there was no indication that anyone else was involved with Mr. Hinrichs – or that he attempted to enter the stadium, where the Sooners and Kansas State were playing Saturday night. More than 80,000 fans attended the game, and some heard and felt the explosion.

"At this point, we have no information that suggests that there is any additional threat posed by others related to this incident," said a joint statement from the FBI's Oklahoma chief, Salvador Hernandez; U.S. Attorney John Richter; and OU Police Chief Elizabeth Woolen.

Mr. Hinrichs detonated the bomb while sitting on a park bench outside Cross Hall, one of the university's science buildings, just west of the stadium.

Authorities initially feared another explosive device might be inside a backpack near the body. They deployed a robot and some mild explosives in an attempt to detonate the backpack but determined there were no explosives inside.

Early Sunday, law officers and school officials also evacuated four buildings in Mr. Hinrich's nearby university-owned housing complex, Parkview Apartments, to search for evidence, including perhaps more explosives.

The complex, about four blocks southeast of the football stadium, remained cordoned off Sunday afternoon as law officers combed the area.

The estimated 35 to 40 student residents were moved temporarily into Norman hotels, where they were expected to remain until at least today.

Mr. Boren suggested Mr. Hinrichs could have chosen the location – and the time – to ensure the most attention for his death – or because that area of campus is especially serene and picturesque.

"He has had what I would call emotional difficulties in the past," Mr. Boren said.

The area near the detonation site, just west of the football stadium, was pretty much back to normal Sunday afternoon. University officials were busy replacing shattered windows in Cross Hall.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:10:39 PM EDT
[#35]
I just heard another bomb go off at nine-thirty tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I live two miles from the stadium and can hear the announcer's loud speaker on game day!!

And i just heard another Explosion!!!!!!!

We rent an appartment to the OU University Flight Instructor,right across from the Starky Building,on Boyd St!!!  Bet he heard it big  time!!!!!

Bob
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:13:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Dear OU Students, Faculty, and Staff,

I want to thank you again for your responsible and constructive reaction to the tragic event which occurred last Saturday evening.  I appreciate the concern which many of you have expressed for the family and friends of the deceased.  

Most of the news media, including our own OU Daily, and most citizens have responded very responsibly.  Unfortunately, there are always a few who do not.  Among the core beliefs which define us as Americans and which define us as members of the OU family from all backgrounds is a respect for others.  We believe that we should not judge others or jump to conclusions about others on the basis of color, race, gender, economic status, or freely exercised religious beliefs.  To rush to judge others or make assumptions about them on that basis is nothing short of prejudice.  It has no place in America and it certainly has no place at the University of Oklahoma.

Unfortunately, we have seen examples of a rush to react in a manner not in keeping with our values in recent history.  A reading of some media reports and comments from individuals made at the time of the bombing of the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City is enlightening.  Some quickly rushed to the conclusion that the bomber must have been a Middle Eastern terrorist.  There were video shots of international students on Oklahoma campuses shown on news broadcasts as this speculation was reported.  As we all now know, the person responsible was not someone from the Middle East but was Timothy McVeigh and at least one other American who assisted him.  We can only hope that all of us, including some media outlets, would have learned from that recent rush to incorrect conclusions.  

I have been assured that law enforcement officials including federal officers have found no evidence of a conspiracy involving others which creates an ongoing threat to our OU community.  They have kept me informed of the steps being taken in their investigation.  You can be assured that if I receive any information to the contrary, I will immediately inform you and take steps to protect our community.

In fact, national law enforcement statistics compiled confirm that we have a low per capita crime rate.  OU has long been dedicated to the safety of our students.  

Thank you again for your help and understanding.  Thank you for reaching out to the members of our OU family who have come from nations all over the world to let them know that they are valued and respected on this campus.  

Rushing to judgments on the basis of race, religion, gender, or ethnicity, is not the OU or American way.

Sincerely,

David L. Boren
OU President
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top