Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2001 4:45:17 PM EDT
I live in a modest home in a housing project, typical middle class, well maybe lower middle class.  My backyard is fenced in with a chain-link fence.

My hillbilly, 4 cars in their backyard neighbors moved in 2 years ago.  They preceded to put up privacy fence around their back yard. The side of their yard adjoining my yard they just leaned the fence up against my fence and drove stakes in on their side to keep it from blowing over.  There is about a 6 inch space from the bottom of their leaning fence to my fence and the weeds have grown so profusely that some of them are approaching tree status with trunks close to three inches in diameter.

Last weekend just so I could mow my grass I had to take a hatchet and chop the shit on my side off.  While I was doing this the neighbor lady came out and said excuse me sir.  I looked up and here is this 60 some plus year old woman, in a bikini mind you, that was a sight I won't soon forget.  Anyhow she said I have some weed killer would you mind if I spray it on those weeds?  

What I've been thinking is a few gallons of gasoline and a match or two would be more appropriate.

What do you think?
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 5:09:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 5:15:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I would of told her to do it herself.  Or Round-up does wonders to dirt. Nothing grows there after for years. Or you could put up your own privacy fence up, and keep the weeds out of your property.
c-rock
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 5:35:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Actually some of the best weed killers are comprised mostly of petroleum distillates. So spraying the weeds with deisel fuel and not lighting it on fire will usually do the trick in no time. Just don't let the EPA know and don't even think about being able to grow things near there.
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 6:16:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Was she hot? Pictures puuleaze!!!
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 6:39:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Boote: Boy , do I feel your pain!!  I've been in same situation.  I tried LE, but the law usually is impotent in rectifying those situations.   I finally decided to move rather than deal with those "Jerry Springer" rejects!  I hope you have that option.  Life is too short to deal with that kind of "trailer trash"  Best of luck to you!
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 8:39:42 PM EDT
[#6]
c-rock-

Round-up has no soil effect after application.  I use tons of it in and around my pecan trees.

marsh
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 4:44:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
c-rock-

Round-up has no soil effect after application.  I use tons of it in and around my pecan trees.

marsh
View Quote

Maybe I was thinking about the wrong stuff.  That stuff does kill weeds, even the Dimethyl Salt stuff too.  
I would just spray there time to time.
c-rock
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top