BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:21:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Alright, I can sleep again. Apparently it's a gift for his father back in Istanbul who is a big time boar hunter. I thought Muslims didn't eat pork?! Surprised the hell out of me, but I was right that he wasn't a sportsman himself. Sorry for the false alarm!

Well it was a gift, just not for you.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:22:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Haha, yes you were very close. And my birthday is in 3 days. I want a laser boresight.....bastard!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:23:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
So it's okay if I show him my AR?

No...Not until he's in the "KScoltAR Circle of Trust"

(makes "I'll be watching you" motion with fingers)
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:24:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Alright, I can sleep again. Apparently it's a gift for his father back in Istanbul who is a big time boar hunter. I thought Muslims didn't eat pork?! Surprised the hell out of me, but I was right that he wasn't a sportsman himself. Sorry for the false alarm!

Uh huh...A likely story!  It's probably on it's way to some UBL training camp right now.  Just to be sure I'd take him out in his sleep --- "just to be sure".  You can never be too careful these days.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:25:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

AHA! That's exactly what he wants you to believe...  
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:26:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh huh...A likely story!  It's probably on it's way to some UBL training camp right now.  Just to be sure I'd take him out in his sleep --- "just to be sure".  You can never be too careful these days.

Thanks, this is the reply I was looking for. I knew he was up to something. I hear you loud and clear brother.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:32:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I suggest killing him right now.  Ask him questions later.  Use a spoon...keep the bore sight for yourself.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:34:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe you could use a FORK this guy did!

www.local6.com/news/5021627/detail.html
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:34:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I suggest killing him right now.  Ask him questions later.  Use a spoon...keep the bore sight for yourself.

Haha, two birds with one stone.... I like it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:35:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But then you are back to whole "rent" problem again.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:38:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But then you are back to whole "rent" problem again.

Nah, rent'll be free in a short while after that.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:40:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Along with food and utilities....sounds like a deal.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:46:25 PM EDT
[#13]
...wait

Turkey doesn't have any wild pigs.....

-Roth
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:50:00 PM EDT
[#14]
They damn well better! Did I mention the boresight was for a John Deere rifle?!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:53:22 PM EDT
[#15]

IS MY ROOMATE A TERRORIST?!

certainly.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:47:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Ask him probing questions about shooting, but just make conversation.  Say that you have a couple of friends that sometimes take you shooting, and if he'd be interested in tagging along some time.

BTW that laser boresight bit was probably a lie.  It doesn't take that long to sight in a rifle with some ammo and some paper @ desired range.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:12:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Wait a minute?  You live in an apartment which doesn't allow guns?  And you have your AR-15 there too?

I can see your roommates post on his favorite bulletin board now:

Al:  Dirka! Dirka! Dirka!  My roommate has a gun in his room!  I think he is a terrorist!  Dirka!
Habib:  Dirka? You have got to be dirking me?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:13:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Ssshhhh! What he doesn't know can't hurt him.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:34:12 PM EDT
[#19]
terrorist
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:15:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Lee Harvey Kscottar Oswald. Otherwise known as Patsy.

M4-AK
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:21:58 AM EDT
[#21]
The paranoia of some of the people on these boards is astounding.  Like that guy who had the hammer of his 1911 cocked and ready to go when a Mexican asked him if he needed help unloading his recyclables.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:24:56 AM EDT
[#22]
I thought the Turks were our buddies.

and his letter home will read...

"Dearest Father,
I hope you will enjoy this gift. I am now living with a
crazy American who searches my garbage.  Please
send my trusted blade with which to defend myself
against further intrusions."
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:26:12 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Well it turns out the desktop was from a Turkish soccer website. Fair enough. But tonight he got a box from Cabela's. I thought this was a little odd as I couldn't picture him using anything from this store. The box was left near the trash so I got curious and peeked at the receipt. Turns out it was a $70 laser boresight. What the hell?! I'm having a difficult time writing this off because of the device's limited uses. It definately has me a little uneasy since he supposedly is low on funds and still hasn't paid my old roommate back for his share of the deposit. Am I worried over nothing? What would you do?

What's his major? Is a laser boresight relevant to his studies? Was it Made in the USA? He hasn't paid your old roommate back? Have your old roommate take him to court!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:28:44 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
So it's okay if I show him my AR?

um no
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:32:03 AM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:05:24 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I thought the Turks were our buddies.

and his letter home will read...

"Dearest Father,
I hope you will enjoy this gift. I am now living with a
crazy American who searches my garbage.  Please
send my trusted blade with which to defend myself
against further intrusions."

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:24:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:27:38 PM EDT
[#28]
use his koran as a coaster for your beer and see what happens?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:28:39 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I have been to Turkey.

They dont even consider themselves part of the middle east. They reformed back in the 1920s and are a pretty squared away country. They still play the insane muslim chant sing thingy but NO ONE pays any attention to it. They are quite different from the other Muslim nations.

I had a Turk in my platoon. Dude spoke 5 languages and was a tough SOB. Also they scared the dog crap out of the N Koreans in the war. Hella good soldiers too.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:47:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Yeah, he seems like an alright guy, just doesn't socialize unless I go to talk to him in his room. He's very preppy and likes to go out to the college bars in town. Not at all what I expected of a middle eastern muslim man for sure. Looks like Turkey takes its cues from Europe more so than Iraq or other middle eastern countries even though it shares a border. I've wanted to talk to him about his feelings of the war and Islam, but he doesn't really give me the chance.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top