Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:53:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I still have a shitload of the IMI 7.62 Blanks with the purple wooden bullet that was going for $50.00 a case back in the 90's. I've been savin'em just in case of another vampire infestation...
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:58:29 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Something interesting: there is an antique Colt revolver chambered for .38 Special that gets traded around sometimes, they've run a couple articles about it: the gun itself is engraved is engraved with images of vampires, crucifixes, etc. On one grip are a couple little silver bats, like kill markers. The box it comes with has inside it a mirror, a crucifix fashioned into a sharpened stake, a small vial labeled "holy water" with, you guessed it, holy water in it, a small compartment that apparently held cloves of garlic, judging by the scent, and six cartridges, one of them spent, with bullets made of solid silver and engraved to look like the heads of snarling vampires.

Somebody in the late 1800's/early 1900's either had a sense of humor or a sense of the dramatic. Probably both.

Also, I've been told by many an old farmer/rancher, that if there's something preying on the livestock or people that "just ain't normal" (the description rarely goes beyond that and a shudder), nothing "fixes it" better than a double-barrel shotgun loaded with pre-1965 silver dimes instead of buckshot. I'll take their word for it and save the silver for something better.

I remember seeing that article. Mid-late 1980's? IIRC the case was shaped like a coffin.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:49:30 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I would definately want a melee weapon of some sort. A broadsword or maybe an axe.

Rather than enter  vampire infested buildings, I would simply wait for daylight and torch them. Molotov cocktails would be a very useful weapon.

I would definately stop by the church for some holy water. A sprayer will definately be part of the kit.

Firearms? A 12ga shotgun with buckshot, maybe some slugs.

What tactics would you use for surviving the night?  Would you hide out in your house or open fire on them?  I still think staying invisible is the best survival tactic.  You start shooting at them from your roof and they will have to do something about you.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:20:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I still have a shitload of the IMI 7.62 Blanks with the purple wooden bullet that was going for $50.00 a case back in the 90's. I've been savin'em just in case of another vampire infestation...

What aren't you telling us?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:37:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd like to Know if the wooden bullets effect would be on the undead .... Old_Painless any idea?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:44:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Check out this site www.fvza.org/index.html , I found it when I googled about the antique Colt revolver.
Vampire and Zombie tips!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:56:23 AM EDT
[#7]
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:56:35 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What tactics would you use for surviving the night?  Would you hide out in your house or open fire on them?  I still think staying invisible is the best survival tactic.  You start shooting at them from your roof and they will have to do something about you.

I would stay indoors at night. A good stone walled church or cathedral. You know, Holy Ground.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:34:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
That movie sucked.  

Read the book, it is awesome.  

John Steakley also wrote Armor.  

His books are a wild ride.  

As for defeating the vampires?

I'd rather be one!    

Steakley seems like a good guy.  I have exchanged email with him a few times, but it was awhile back. I wish he would write more in the line of Armor, but I guess ghosting novels get paychecks, so I can't blame him.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:41:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Don't leave us hanging, give us more information about the antique colt revolver.
Sounds as if it belonged to a vampire hunter.

i have a guns and ammo from the 80s with it on the cover it came in a little coffin was engraved in a vampire motiff and came with six rounds with silver bullets molded to look like Draculas head also had a stake for backup
I think i was 10 or so when that issue came out  I thought it was the coolest thing in the world
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:48:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Don't leave us hanging, give us more information about the antique colt revolver.

i have a guns and ammo from the 80s with it on the cover it came in a little coffin was engraved in a vampire motiff and came with six rounds with silver bullets molded to look like Draculas head also had a stake for backup
I think i was 10 or so when that issue came out  I thought it was the coolest thing in the world

That's the one. The article I'm thinking of is mid-90's though, when the guy who bought it in the 80's auctioned it off and somebody else bought it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:56:25 PM EDT
[#12]
its easy fill all your HP ammo with garlic
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:14:54 PM EDT
[#13]
I am a huge fan of this discussion.

But, when are the flock of assholes who say "Umm, vampires aren't real" or some such going to show up?

- G
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:29:32 PM EDT
[#14]
According to Stephen King Vampires cannot enter your home without your permission. So I'd sit tight till daylight then run like hell.

On the other hand though if the vampire looked like that chick from Underworld, I'd turn
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:16:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Even if that vamp chick is hot, vamps are techincally dead. No blood pressure. How are you going to get it up to bang said hot vamp chick?

Kill her, because if you cant have her, NO ONE CAN!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:44:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Duhhhhhh    

Silly people  
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:55:23 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Duhhhhhh    

www.is.northropgrumman.com/products/navy_products/superhornet/images/superhornet_1.jpg

Silly people  

That'll work until the vampires turn into bats and get sucked into your engines.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:18:21 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would stay indoors at night. A good stone walled church or cathedral. You know, Holy Ground.

I don't know if I woul leave my house in search of Holy Ground.  Remember, it's night out and you saw a group of vampires entering a neighbor's house.  I envisioned the thread as a "What would you do if you were in this situation?"  Do you bunker in your house, go for the car and try to escape, snipe from the rooftop, or blaze of glory?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:37:42 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's the one. The article I'm thinking of is mid-90's though, when the guy who bought it in the 80's auctioned it off and somebody else bought it.

You know that the guy who bought the vampire revolver is a vampire nut.  You also know that the guy is a gun nut.  So, it stands to reason that this guy is one of the ARFCOMers.  Whoever you are, post a picture of the revolver.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top