BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:13:12 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I must be the only person who never really liked Dremel.  They CAN cut through things, sure, but those little cutoff wheels break and go flying.  They CAN polish but they can also burn a hole right through what you are polishing.  They are too hard to hold steady for me.  Maybe I just expect too much.

Those two things right there tells me you are pushing too hard... easy does it. Let the tool do the work for ya... Not to sound cliche but "slow and steady wins the race"
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:22:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Broke my carrying case for my Dremel set. Can't get a new case without bying a new set.. Bought a tool box to carry my set.

Its just not the same.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:24:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I need to get a variable speed Dremel. Mine either runs balls to the wall or not at all.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:26:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I used mine for a one-evening quickie gunsmith project recently.  Reduced my 20ga. SxS coach gun barrels to 18 1/8".   Came out great.  Used the standard cutoff wheels, ground everything flat with a stone, then polished the end on a flat surface with 320/400/600 grit.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:26:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I used it to grind down a thick britle toe nail once.  Worked like a charm.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top