Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:39:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Pitmaster Deluxe for Charcoal, Vermont Castings for Gas, if you want good taste get the charcoal, if you want faster cooking/easier get the gas.

Food tastes better over charcoal.

Ribs coming off the Pitmaster

Pitmaster's Charcoal Box with some water soaked Hickory

Scott
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:49:45 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
it's apparent that none of you assholes have been to gunstock or hun farm while i was in attendance

Having been to the Hun Farm, all I can say is that TexRdnec is the master of the gas grill.  Just keep him stocked with mass quantities of Bud Light and you will not run out of excellent food.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:51:41 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I just got a Weber Silver B from the Home Depot.
www.rabidchicken.com/pics/DSCN0097.jpg
www.rabidchicken.com/pics/DSCN0098.jpg

Excellent choice.  I have the Silver C and love it, as I think I mentioned

The side burner is pretty handy, and puts out a surprising amount of heat.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:57:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Go Weber or go home.

+1
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 11:45:11 AM EDT
[#5]
The price of the charcoal "barrel" type grills are cheap enough I think I will eventually get one. After spending $500 on the gas grill, it will have to wait till the wife gets over this weeks sepnding. I'm up to $850 just today at the Home Depot Deposit.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 1:10:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 2:23:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Offspring,

Bottom Line - > get a grill that can burn charcoal/wood if you really want the taste of cooking in the outdoors.  If you want fast & easy, go for gas.  

Once you go charcoal/wood, nothing else tastes as good!
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 2:28:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I just got a Weber Silver B from the Home Depot.
www.rabidchicken.com/pics/DSCN0097.jpg
www.rabidchicken.com/pics/DSCN0098.jpg

Smart people buy Weber gas grills, excellent choice!

BTW, charcoal  
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:00:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Excellent choice for the money.  Weber makes an excellent product and they are great for customer service.
Vermont Casting is owned by a Canadian firm, CFM Harris.  I believe it was sold this summer to the National Teachers Union.  I only heard that report once and I have not verifed that.  We have had trouble getting replacement parts out of them every year.
If anyone thinks that a Charbroil is as good as a Weber, they don't knwo  of what they speak.  A charbroil will grill as good as any grill, but I seriously doubt that you get a life as long as yo9u will from a Weber/Vt Casting/Ducane.  BTW Dukcane is owned by Weber.
I have a small assembly firm that assembles grills for a major home improvement store.  I have been building grills since 1998.  We build about 2000 grills per year.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:32:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
+1 for weber.  but go w/ natural gas if you possibly can.  it is so much better than propane.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:34:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Char.
Coal.
Is best.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top