Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:31:42 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Texan response:  eh, we need the rain.  

Other Texans may say "Hell that ain't that big!"

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:44:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I live in northwest Louisiana and if this thing stays on track we could see at least tropical storm force winds or stronger as per NOAA.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:19:47 AM EDT
[#3]
We're ready to complete the barricades at a moment's notice. We've got food, water, drinks, gas, clean clothes, etc. We can move out of the residence easily, too. Since the highways are clogged, there's no use rushing now. Time to kick back and wait for a bit.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:04:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok, the GOOD NEWS is that it is currently a Cat 3 andd 125 mph.

The BAD NEWS is that is still a bad new hurricane.

Anything OVER 100 mph is very, very dangerous. It just isn't "OMFG you all are gonna die cause this thing is going 175 mp" dangerous.

If this thing lands going 125 mph a LOT of people are gonna have a real shitty day.

I hope you all have reasonably prepared. The fact that you are now facing a storm going 125 mph means those of you who stayed have a real shot of coming through this alive IF you are prepared.

Had it been 175 mph or 212 mph I don't think many of you would have made it no matter what you did.

Remember that MOST people die after the hurricane.

Most common cause is power lines in puddles that you can't see. The line can be in a backyard 4 houses away. If you are in the same water as the line you can die. BE CAREFUL and avoid flood water.

The second most common cause is falling debris from structures and trees. LOOK UP first before you proceed forward.

The number one reason people get killed BY a hurricane is storm surge. Don't be in it. If you are I hope you can swim in wind and water going 125 mph while debris batters the shit out of you.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:20:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like this now is going to be less than anticipated, but the amount of rain sure concerns me now.

HH
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:49:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Sounds like this now is going to be less than anticipated, but the amount of rain sure concerns me now.

HH

Make no mistake.

A 125mph hurricane CAN kill you.

The difference is that a 212mph hurricane WILL kill you.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top