Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 20
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:00:22 PM EDT
[#1]
how/why does that dude have a brand new washer/dryer set??
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:11:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
how/why does that dude have a brand new washer/dryer set??

Thats the first thing I noticed...a bunch of stuff from the 70's and a brand new washer/dryer....
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:37:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I was waitin' on you to show up.....so what do you think (see my above post)?

I think a couple things.
1)the stuff Desmond injected himself with in the beginning sequence was labelled CR 4-81516-23 42.  Together with the Quarantine label, I think those numbers indicate a serum to prevent something.
2)Desmond had that conversation with Jack about miracles about Sarah walking again.  Who else do we know that walked again because of a miracle?
3)The fact that Jack met Desmond before means to me that those specific people being on the island is intentional.  

Good eyes.  Also note the high magnetic field that pulled Jack's pendant toward the wall, the electircal humming sound, and th big control room with all the electrical equipment.

I think there is some sort of experiment going on there at the island involving magnetic fields (and other stuff a la "The Phillidelphia Experiment") and that is what brought down the planes (s), healed Locke's legs, made whatever it is romping around the island invisible, etc.  The injection like you suppose is to counteract the machine and the fields it produces.

But, who/what brought these specific people together on the island?  Chance/fate, God, or some man/organization.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:40:56 PM EDT
[#4]
It's Bush's Hurricane Machine.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:25:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
anbody identify the weapons. ak  for sure , couldn't i  d the handgun . anyone else get a good look

Makarov and low and behold, a WASR-10
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:56:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Whoa, when Walt appeared in front of Shannon in the jungle, he spoke something.  Turns out he was speaking backwards:

www.personal.psu.edu/users/p/s/psm5005/walt.wav

"Press the button, no button's bad."

this is the weirdest show ever aired.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:59:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Whoa, when Walt appeared in front of Shannon in the jungle, he spoke something.  Turns out he was speaking backwards:

www.personal.psu.edu/users/p/s/psm5005/walt.wav

"Press the button, no button's bad."

this is the weirdest show ever aired.

I knew he said something, but I couldn't make it out.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:01:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It's Bush's Hurricane Machine.  

+1
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:19:54 PM EDT
[#9]

1)the stuff Desmond injected himself with in the beginning sequence was labelled CR 4-81516-23 42. Together with the Quarantine label, I think those numbers indicate a serum to prevent something.

That I guess might be good, those are Hurly's (un)lucky numbers..

3)The fact that Jack met Desmond before means to me that those specific people being on the island is intentional.

Did you catch what he said when ending the conversation? See you in another life-

Great show.

Rob
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:24:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, me too.  I thought it was sawyer.

If the guy was training for a race around the world (I know this was a bullshit answer but he was still training for living in a hatch somewhere), then how did he end up manning an underground station and why is he still working out as hard as he was?  

Given the retro look of all the amenities, I figured it was a flashback to maybe the Doc's Dad.

Locke is pissing me off.  He could easily ducked and let Jack shoot the guy.  Locke's got a screw loose.

Locke couldn't do that, because he knows that Jack's a pussy and would never pull the trigger.  I've been hating Jack since the last 4 episodes of season one - I'm apparently going to hate him this season as well.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:41:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
anbody identify the weapons. ak  for sure , couldn't i  d the handgun . anyone else get a good look

Makarov and low and behold, a WASR-10

Noticed that too............

At first I was like YAY an AK!!!.......followed by BOOOO......10 round mag

my wife thinks I'm nuts.........
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:42:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Im still kinda in the WTF!! stage.....
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:55:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I heard there were some cast changes this season, a couple of new characters, but have any of the old cast gone?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:08:21 AM EDT
[#14]
pretty good episode right..."brother"?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:44:08 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Locke is pissing me off.  He could easily ducked and let Jack shoot the guy.  Locke's got a screw loose.

Locke couldn't do that, because he knows that Jack's a pussy and would never pull the trigger.  I've been hating Jack since the last 4 episodes of season one - I'm apparently going to hate him this season as well.

I can't hate Jack...not after he beat the living fuck out of Ethan.  That was a sweet fight scene.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:57:06 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, me too.  I thought it was sawyer.

If the guy was training for a race around the world (I know this was a bullshit answer but he was still training for living in a hatch somewhere), then how did he end up manning an underground station and why is he still working out as hard as he was?  

Given the retro look of all the amenities, I figured it was a flashback to maybe the Doc's Dad.

Didn't the washer and dryer look brand new though?

ETA: Somebody else noticed too
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:29:52 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Didn't the washer and dryer look brand new though?

ETA: Somebody else noticed too

Well, those things don't last forever.  Plus with that cable from the first season (internet) he could have ordered them online and had them delivered.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:02:44 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think a couple things.
1)the stuff Desmond injected himself with in the beginning sequence was labelled CR 4-81516-23 42.  Together with the Quarantine label, I think those numbers indicate a serum to prevent something.
2)Desmond had that conversation with Jack about miracles about Sarah walking again.  Who else do we know that walked again because of a miracle?

Very astute observations...........makes more sense to me now.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:03:07 AM EDT
[#19]

Any guesses as to the flashback era?  

Jack seemed to be doing his surgical residency when he met Desmond.  So that means Desmond arrived on the island after that (maybe).  I'm guessing that Jack did his residency less than 10 years ago.

But the desktop terminal and the reel-to-reel systems gave it a late 80s/early 90s look at the latest.  Combined with the music I thought they were trying to give the impression that it was a 70s era installation.

Like everything else, it's confusing as hell.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:04:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Great episode!  It exceeded my expectations.  Seeing Walt there in the dark was freaky.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:23:42 AM EDT
[#21]
I have the episode on my DVR and I watched the opening sequence quite a few times.

I watched Desmond typing in slow motion and I'm 99% sure that he typed "the numbers" into the keybord.

I also wathced him inject himself and paused to see what the bottle said and didn't even notice "the numbers". good eyes

That washer and dryer were definitely new.

Did anyone see what looked like a big window above his dining area? It seemed like there was sunlight coming in through the blinds. But they blew the hatch at night? And why is he doing his morning routine when it is night out.

I wonder if there is another way in and out of the whole complex. That looked like fresh fruit in the blender.

Mak and an AK 10 round mag Definitely filming in Hawaii or Kali.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:50:18 AM EDT
[#22]

That looked like fresh fruit in the blender.

i noticed maraschino cherries, but i wasnt really paying attention.

I dont think they would have let a resident perform the surgery Jack did.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:57:38 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
That looked like fresh fruit in the blender.

i noticed maraschino cherries, but i wasnt really paying attention.

I dont think they would have let a resident perform the surgery Jack did.
[/quote]That is what I was thinking, but hell, it is just a TV show.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:13:35 AM EDT
[#24]
So far so good, I'm hooked again!

Some of you guys have made some really good observations which is helping me understand more about what I'm seeing.  

During the first 5 minutes when they showed that guy doing his morning routine I was wondering if I had it on right channel...
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:17:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Crap - I missed the first 5 minutes.  Seems like I missed a lot.  I was busy working on something outside and figured the first 5 minutes would be a recap anyway.

CR
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:21:59 AM EDT
[#26]
A few questions.

1. What's up with the voices? My wife's theory is that the island has speakers everywhere.  

2. Are the people in the boat related in anyway to Desmond? There was a bunk bed in the sheltor afterall.  I think that they aren't together, but i think that Ethan was the other person in the sheltor.  

3. Anyone else think that Locke is gonna lose it & become a bad character?

I'm so confused.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:23:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Here's a link to the BIT TORRENT FILE for Season 2/Episode 1:

www.mininova.org/tor/115334

I got the whole 1st season this way!

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:25:30 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think a couple things.

Those are the 'cursed/magic' numbers

good catch on that
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:27:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Wow... last night's show was just "weird". LOVED IT! Even more weird than anything that went on last year. I also watched "Invasion". I didn't mean to, cause I don't wanna be hooked on more than one show. But I watched it. I may be hooked on that one too. Me thinks that the Sheriff is an alien and is happy that his wife just "converted"...
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:32:43 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Good eyes.  Also note the high magnetic field that pulled Jack's pendant toward the wall, the electircal humming sound, and th big control room with all the electrical equipment.

Uh, that is a key, not a pendant...aren't keys made of brass, normally? Non magnetic....

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:33:30 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Wow... last night's show was just "weird". LOVED IT! Even more weird than anything that went on last year. I also watched "Invasion". I didn't mean to, cause I don't wanna be hooked on more than one show. But I watched it. I may be hooked on that one too. Me thinks that the Sheriff is an alien and is happy that his wife just "converted"...

heeeey, don't hijack the LOST thread

but I did watch it.  It seemed to take an hour to explain something that should have only taken 15 min.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:34:15 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Same here - wasn't planning to watch it either...  I also think the Sheriff is one of "them".

So, what was the skeleton?  Is it the remains of one of the humans after the aliens got done with them?

Sorry for the hijack...

CR
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:34:42 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh, that is a key, not a pendant...aren't keys made of brass, normally? Non magnetic....

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Depends, its a suitcase key remember.  Those are frequently steel for some reason.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:37:01 AM EDT
[#34]
"Invasion" sucked!  I was excited about it then after a halfhour I changed the channel.  Dumb show with poor acting.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:39:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Taking a quick look at my key chain - I've got 5 brass keys and 2 steel keys.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:42:01 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
"Invasion" sucked!  I was excited about it then after a halfhour I changed the channel.  Dumb show with poor acting.

+1000.  Invasion sucked ass.  I loved how it is supposed to be set in Homestead FL...not.  Looks nothing like FL.  NOTE TO DIRECTORS...FLORIDA IS FLAT...ESPECIALLY MIAMI/HOMESTEAD AREA!

There was a scene at the end of the show showing the park ranger standing in his front yard looking down the driveway.  At the end of the driveway you can see a steep pine tree covered mountain rising up like a tree covered wall.  Sorry, too many BS things to make it remotely watchable.

Back to LOST.  When Jack went down the shaft, did anyone notice that the sneakers that he saw were relatively new cross trainers?  Definately not a product of the 70's or 80's.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:54:23 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Back to LOST.  When Jack went down the shaft, did anyone notice that the sneakers that he saw were relatively new cross trainers?  Definately not a product of the 70's or 80's.  

I think those sneakers belonged to Kate.

I didn't even notice the numbers on the serum bottle.....  Thanks.

I did catch the "see you in another life" quote.  As soon as he said that I knew that Desmond was the guy in the first five minutes.....
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:59:23 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here - wasn't planning to watch it either...  I also think the Sheriff is one of "them".

So, what was the skeleton?  Is it the remains of one of the humans after the aliens got done with them?

Sorry for the hijack...

CR

I dunno what it was. Weird stuff for sure. It's not as cool as "Lost", but I am still curious enough to be interested a little bit.

And yeah, I will agree that the acting in "Invasion" seems sub-par, but for me it's like watching a mystery and I am curious to see what happens next. Which is THE VERY SAME thing most people want out of "Lost".

Anyways... I guess we'll let the "Lost" detail fanatics continue on with their discussion. I don't look TOO deep at details (like tennis shoe/washer-drier vintages) because I'm unsure whether it was purposeful or a stupid oversight. I soak in the overall "experience", rather than play Sherlock Holmes.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:05:09 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Anyways... I guess we'll let the "Lost" detail fanatics continue on with their discussion. I don't look TOO deep at details (like tennis shoe/washer-drier vintages) because I'm unsure whether it was purposeful or a stupid oversight. I soak in the overall "experience", rather than play Sherlock Holmes.

Most things like that in Lost are done on purpose to advance the storyline.

As for the fresh fruit, I think there's another entrance. If you notice when they blow the hatch, Desmond jumps up and starts checking the entrance through the mirrors..   then he turns and checks another set of mirrors? Maybe another entrance? What was that thing mounted to the ceiling that he was point? Was that the light?

As for the key thing, what was on the wall that Jack looked at when his key started moving? Any guesses as to what's in the buckets?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:11:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Another thought I had last night:

Based on Desmond's routine (i.e. waking up at night/ night shift)....I imagine he is/was not alone in the hatch/shelter.  I don't know if the pirates are with him or not though......

Walt said "don't push the button" which is what Jack was getting ready to do (push EXECUTE) when Locke stopped him.

Also, when Locke went into the hatch why didn't he pick up Kate's flashlight?  He didn't have a torch and the three that were topside were still there when Jack got there.....
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:15:39 AM EDT
[#41]

Walt said "don't push the button"

I thought he said "press the button" not don't press.  Anyone?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:18:20 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Walt said "don't push the button"

I thought he said "press the button" not don't press.  Anyone?

Yeah my bad....went back to page three and found what 'raven' posted.

I guess Jack should've pushed EXECUTE....I imagine Shannon will end up in the hatch and press a button, but right now everybody thinks shes crazy.

Why was Walt saying it backwards though....it was so fast and so low that I couldn't even make out a thing....
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:18:33 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Another thought I had last night:

(snip)

Also, when Locke went into the hatch why didn't he pick up Kate's flashlight?  He didn't have a torch and the three that were topside were still there when Jack got there.....

I was thinking maybe after Desmond took Kate, he made Locke come down.  Something like "get down here or the girl dies".  He knew Locke was up there since he was yelling for Kate.

So, does anyone know where I can get a detailed recap of the 1st 5 minutes!?

CR
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:23:40 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

CR

It shows an old computer screen (black screen with green text) with a DOS blinking.  A guy gets out of a bunk and types on the computer, takes a shower, fixes a protein shake (we never see his face), plays an old record of the Mamas and the Papas, injects himself in the arm with some type of serum (the bottle has the "numbers" on it) and then hears a BOOM!!  He runs over to a table and grabs a WASR with 10 rounder and then goes to the "hallway" to look through a viewfinder in which he has mirrors placed down different paths....the camera follows a path to a mirror and up a shaft to where Locke and Jack are looking down it (b/c they just blew the lid off).

ETA: I first thought it was a Sawyer flashback....if you look up a few posts you can download the episode via bit-torrent if you want to see it for yourself.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:29:28 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Makarov pistol held to Lockes head.

I didn't read the rest of the post so sorry if this was already mentioned.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:33:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Here we go.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:37:43 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CR

It shows an old computer screen (black screen with green text) with a DOS blinking.  A guy gets out of a bunk and types on the computer, takes a shower, fixes a protein shake (we never see his face), plays an old record of the Mamas and the Papas, injects himself in the arm with some type of serum (the bottle has the "numbers" on it) and then hears a BOOM!!  He runs over to a table and grabs a WASR with 10 rounder and then goes to the "hallway" to look through a viewfinder in which he has mirrors placed down different paths....the camera follows a path to a mirror and up a shaft to where Locke and Jack are looking down it (b/c they just blew the lid off).

ETA: I first thought it was a Sawyer flashback....if you look up a few posts you can download the episode via bit-torrent if you want to see it for yourself.

Thanks for the recap!  I tried that link, but I'm at work and that site is blocked because it's in the "games" category.

CR
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:00:04 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Thanks for the recap!

I forgot to add that the inside of the hatch door says Quarantine......which doesn't make sense to me, b/c wouldn't you want people on the OUTSIDE of the hatch to know that the inside was quarantined.....hmmmm maybe it is to warn the people inside to not leave.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:08:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:17:05 AM EDT
[#50]

I forgot to add that the inside of the hatch door says Quarantine......which doesn't make sense to me, b/c wouldn't you want people on the OUTSIDE of the hatch to know that the inside was quarantined.....hmmmm maybe it is to warn the people inside to not leave.

My take was that it's not the inside that is quarantined, it's the outside.
Page / 20
Top Top