Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:31:03 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
No, it will be your arrogant pontificating.

So Rush can do it but I can't?

Rush apparently can do it very nicely.

You cannot.

Sorry, I don't like Rush and I think he does more harm for the Republican party than good.

Yeah, right.

Well, the Freshman GOP Class of 1995 thought otherwise!

They tought that his support was instrumental in changing the face of the House and Senate.

They must be fools, too, eh?

Wish I could stay and chat, but i gotta get to a meeting.  If you want to have a logical debate about the lack of unity in the politcal parties and how its affecting the country I can continue this later, if you want to insult me, I'll read them later as well.

'Lack of unity' in the political parties is affecting our country?

You must be drinking from someone else's Kool Aid trough.

The DEMOs have never been more unified in their history than they are now!

So, it must be the Republicans you are talking about, then.

Please explain this thought.

I'm all ears.

Eric The(LeaningFoward)Hun

I'll respond to your last actual question, although the few insults previous you sent my way makes me think this response will be met with the same regard as any other comment that does not meet everyone's persoanl opinion.

Yes, I feel the Republican party is not unified and I fear that this wll hurt us in the next election.  The focus has been on morals and instilling these by force in the last several years.  I think this is something that can't be forced and it puts a bad light on us with the middle of the road citizens that don't adhere to a single party line.  The Dems have become strong recently because of the tolerance for each other if their thoughts aren't perfectly aligned.  This thread is a good expamlle of this lack of tolerance on the conservative side.  I have the same views as most republicans 90% of the time, but because that other 10% exists, I get insults, accusations of me benig a liberal, and an all around negative feeling.  take this out to a person that is only 40% in line with our party; their viote will go elsewhere.  

I don't like Rush, sorry thats all.  It doesn't make me evil and yes it is based on me not believing some things about his recent past with no basis other than my opnion on what really occured, but for this to turn into a full blown war of the parties, with the other party not even being part of it, shows what lack of unity is killing us from within.

I like our president, I voted for him twice.  But I fear the next election will not go our way, and there's a possibility a second Clinton of even less moral fiber will be elected.  

I really gotta go now, Philly is 30 minuttes away and I have a bunch of people waiting for me down there.  

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:31:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Rush just went off-air for an "EIB Obscene Profits Break". Cha-ching$$$$$ His listenership must be HUGE.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:34:39 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Free thinking is what started this great nation, your lack of it will be its downfall.  

I see you recognize it, then.

Rush, BTW, doesn't. It's called schtick.

If you want to have a logical debate about the lack of unity in the politcal parties and how its affecting the country I can continue this later, if you want to insult me, I'll read them later as well.

If that's what you want to discuss, then WTF are you going on about Rush? If anything, he's banging the same political-disunity drum you are about the GOP.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:37:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You know nothing about me, I am not jealous of Rush, his wealth or his addiction in the least.

Hell, you have all labelled me a Liberal from the sounds of some of your comments, you don't even have that right.  

Oh freaking please.  No one has labeled you anything with the exception of a whiney little bitch.  People disagree with you and voice themselves (just as you have) and you make yourself come off as the one who has been slighted.  Well excuse the living shit out us.  As for not having the right... give me a break.  With that comment, you sound like a pompous ass with their nose up, mouth open, and hand on their chest.

Labeling you liberal.  Yeah, nice straw-man comments.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:39:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
With that comment, you sound like a pompous ass with their nose up, mouth open, and hand on their chest.

I thought I said that, already?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:45:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Rush is a good counterbalance to the liberal media.  Without him, I couldn't imagine where this country would be and what the left would be getting away with (with the medias assistance).

Love him or hate him, he says things that need to be said; and usually are the same things that I am already thinking.  The lib bastards out there hate him SO MUCH because he is so adept at figuring out their little games and schemes and it drives them nuts.  Not much gets by him.

We, as conservatives, should be thankfull that he is there.

I have a conservative friend who can't stand Rush.  I think Rushs personality just grates on him.  As such, he refuses to listen to him.  His loss.  I've told him time and time again to focus on the message, not the messanger.  But he can't, which is just a weakness of his own personality.  Rush is Rush.  He is human, and like other humans he is not perfect.  Who said he had to be.  I've been listening to him for over 10 years now and I'm beyond caring much about anything except the message.

The libs hate him so much, I heard there are rumblings among them that if they ever get back in power, they will press hard to change the fairness in broadcasting laws to go back to requiring opposing views on talk shows.   That is how bad they hate him and fear him.  God help us if that happens.

I guess the truth does hurt.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:46:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Yeah, looks like you said something like that.  That's what I get when I take to long to knock out such a profound post.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:47:03 AM EDT
[#8]
The point is, Rush makes predictions that always come right, he brings to light angles that no one else could think of, he is extremely intelligent and knowledgeful, he attacks whoever deserves to be attacked, whether it is republicans or democrats, and finally, he is always RIGHT.

Your opinions are based on half-truths, misinformation and obvious bias.  You also have clearly never given his show a good listen.  So go away and learn something before spewing your unfounded hate.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:47:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Even after all the shows by O'Reilly and Hannity, they are just cheerleaders compared to the keen intuition of Rush.

Despite his personal weaknesses, Rush has my utmost respect for someone doing good and being paid well to do it.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:57:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
and finally, he is always RIGHT.

www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_091905/content/see_i_told_you_so.guest.html

RUSH: I want to go back. This is August 29th, 2005. These predictions of mine from the first two segments of that program, August 29th of 2005. I've got five sound bites, and they all come from just the first two segments of that program.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:00:51 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Free thinking is what started this great nation, your lack of it will be its downfall.  

Sorry, I don't like Rush and I think he does more harm for the Republican party than good.

Wish I could stay and chat, but i gotta get to a meeting.  If you want to have a logical debate about the lack of unity in the politcal parties and how its affecting the country I can continue this later, if you want to insult me, I'll read them later as well.

How has he been bad for the Republican party? We've won the last 2 Presidential elections, control both houses, the majority of governorships and state houses, the Supreme court....uhhh, forgive me if this sounds stupid. But what would be considered good?

Truth be known, those who rather have someone take care of them(big goverment) hate Rush, because of his self-made ways. He is successful because of how he thinks. Throwing names at him won't change it nor define it. Just as the Pope being a Nazi in his youth. You have to move on and do well in with your life..and Rush has done that while helping others see the truth.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:09:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:10:53 AM EDT
[#13]

As a Right Wing Pro-Life NRA Gun Toten Conservative Republican Catholic Businessman, I think Rush is a pretty good guy for a moderate.  Thus, I think the people who bash Rush must be pretty radical.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:13:01 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hell, you have all labelled me a Liberal from the sounds of some of your comments, you don't even have that right.  

Oh freaking please.  No one has labeled you anything with the exception of a whiney little bitch.  People disagree with you and voice themselves (just as you have) and you make yourself come off as the one who has been slighted.  Well excuse the living shit out us.  As for not having the right... give me a break.  With that comment, you sound like a pompous ass with their nose up, mouth open, and hand on their chest.

Labeling you liberal.  Yeah, nice straw-man comments.

I was called Michael Moore and told to recall my Liberal Playbook.  

On top of that you have a nice little group of insults yourself to throw at me.  Its always nice to see people resort to name calling as opposed to actually joining in on the conversation.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:14:29 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, looks like you said something like that.  That's what I get when I take to long to knock out such a profound post.

Yeah, your childish insults and lack of actually reading previous posts makes your post very profound.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:16:53 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
because he's stupid

I think your answer tell us all who is stupid.

You might as well have said "because he's fat "or other such pre-pubescent drivel.

When I was five, my momma used to say "better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

How you respond to this post with likely further prove my point.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:18:59 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Here's some truth for you:

Rush is a loser drug addict hypocrite that should have left the airwaves years ago but too many Kool Aid drinkers seem to not understand that just because someone has conservative views it does make them a good person.

yeah, and you've achieved human perfection, right?

The measure of our life is NOT in what we do wrong - its in how we live after doing wrong.

Your spewing bile here is strong psychological evidence Rush has Pwned you and your "logic."

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:20:16 AM EDT
[#18]
I suffer from chronic pain.  Sometimes its so bad I can't function.

I am not on any controlled pain killers greater than prescription non-steriodal anti-inflammatories (Mobix, Motrin, etc.).

My pain will never get 'better'.  It will (and has been) getting worse.

If I was using oxycotin, etc. (and I will be as I grow older and the chronic pain gets worse), I would have to be on them forever.

So, how would I not get 'addicted'?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:21:30 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rush is a loser drug addict hypocrite that should have left the airwaves years ago but too many Kool Aid drinkers seem to not understand that just because someone has conservative views it does make them a good person.

DITTO!  Rush is a right wing wind bag that's just as off the mark as those idiots on Air America.

Pass that fatty, man. I want what yer smoking'!!!!!!!!!

Occasionally, I've  thought it would be fun to live in a stoned, fantasy world like you do.

Then I turned seven years old, and never had that thought again.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:24:38 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

You know nothing about me,

We know PLENTY about you.

Yer the type that DOES NOT attempt to logically disprove Rush's logic.

Yer the type that says "he's a fat, lying drug user hypocrite."

Essentially, we know you are of Michael Moore's ilk.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:26:10 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Rush Limbaugh is the greatest mind on radio and it eats people up to hear him speak truth and common sense. I wish I could listen more.

Yup.

They can't keep up with him logically, so they call him "lying, drug user hypocrite."

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:01:59 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Yeah, your childish insults and lack of actually reading previous posts makes your post very profound.

Indeed it was.  Listen, don't sit there in your chair thinking you're as self rightious as you've led yourself to believe.  A great deal of the comments made here were very debate worthy.  But then you have to respond with "Waaa Waaa Waaa, you don't know me.  Waaa Waaa Waaa, you don't have the right."

When someone comes off and tells me I don't have the "right" to do something, you've lost the debate.  Why don't you just call a time out so we can ammend the rule book to add "Don't get Darwindog's panties in a bunch."
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:15:40 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Yeah, your childish insults blah blah blah

That's pretty incedible (in a funny sort of way) coming from you, given all the childish namecalling  and insults you threw at Limbaugh.

Why are there so many 5 year olds at this website?

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:17:55 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
He is naming the hurricane after Katrina vanden Heuvel…

Katrina vanden Heuvel is a editor of “The Nation” one the nastiest leftist pieces of shit ever put into print. We are taking hard core leftist… can you say Communist. The Nation is an America hating rag and Katrina vanden Heuvel is the queen of its nastiness.

Thanks.   I was wondering about that, too.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:23:25 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

DITTO!  Rush is a right wing wind bag that's just as off the mark as those idiots on Air America.

Pass that fatty, man. I want what yer smoking'!!!!!!!!!

Occasionally, I've  thought it would be fun to live in a stoned, fantasy world like you do.

Then I turned seven years old, and never had that thought again.

Just wait until you turn eight.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:24:29 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
because he's stupid

Yeah, Rush is real "stupid". Look, if you're going to try to bring someone down a notch or two, it usually works best to point-out TRUTHS. Whether you like Rush or agree with him or not, the fact is, he's most-definitely NOT "stupid". The guy is a very good debater, with a very good memory, who manages to fill-up THREE hours a day speaking. You try that sometime. It is NOT as easy as you might think it is. Most people who do think that end-up filling their time with 90% "ummm" and "uhhhh".

Rush drivels a lot.  I am as conservative as the next guy, but Rush L. comes off as a windbag and I can't say he really helps the cause.  He also used to sexually harass his staff on his TV show, blatantly.  So for that poor judgement, yes, stupid fits.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:25:27 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, Rush is real "stupid". Look, if you're going to try to bring someone down a notch or two, it usually works best to point-out TRUTHS. Whether you like Rush or agree with him or not, the fact is, he's most-definitely NOT "stupid". The guy is a very good debater, with a very good memory, who manages to fill-up THREE hours a day speaking. You try that sometime. It is NOT as easy as you might think it is. Most people who do think that end-up filling their time with 90% "ummm" and "uhhhh".

i like listening to rush. but he is an enterainer who strikes a perfect note for his audience (biggest radio audience in history i think).

he aint stupid..

what bugs me about rush (and he has no choice based on his biz niche) is that he supports stuff even if it is decidely not conservative. like bush. i sorta like bush, i voted for him, i would again given the same circumstances but my gosh the reality of his term in office is the biggest spending in the history of america, and not guarding the borders and not being willing to talk about it.

now limbaugh will tell you he has probs with bush.. which i guess he does. but i wish someone with the national pulpit that he has would do more the drive this issue than he does. what he does is attack demos (fine with me) and occassionally support bush when challenged. i guess i wish someone with all the exposure he had would be more out-front about conservatisim instead of attacking the demos (which is fun to listen to and that's what is audience wants)...

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:46:26 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I can't say he really helps the cause.  

Dude, forgive me, but if you think that, you're not dealing in reality.

He also used to sexually harass his staff on his TV show, blatantly.

It's only harassment if the receiver doesn't like it. What is called harassment these days used to be called good clean fun among friends.

So for that poor judgement, yes, stupid fits.  

I must respectfully disagree. The only place I'd say he's stupid is in choosing wives, in which case he can join me and many others on this board.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:52:01 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Rush drivels a lot.  I am as conservative as the next guy, but Rush L. comes off as a windbag and I can't say he really helps the cause.  He also used to sexually harass his staff on his TV show, blatantly.  So for that poor judgement, yes, stupid fits.  

Poor judgment was putting that in text form…“sexually harass his staff”… only a uptight PC drone could draw that conclusion from watching his show.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:55:48 PM EDT
[#30]
The NAY-gen comment was done to parody the REVrand JACKsons way of speaking.  Damn, it seems that ignorance is the leading cause of many sandy manginas.

It also strikes me as hilarious that anyone who frequents this website has a problem with Rush. It's refreshing that one can sometimes see the layers of liberal ignorance being peeled away as people frequent arfcom (and Rush) and realize the pablum they have been spoonfed by the leftist liberal media isn't gospel. Go figger!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:11:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:29:14 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

He also used to sexually harass his staff on his TV show, blatantly.  So for that poor judgement, yes, stupid fits.  

Again particulars, rather than fuzzy accusations, are necessary when you discuss such matters.

Eric The(FromTheVeryBeginning)Hun

Make yourself comfortable while waiting, ETH.

I'm quite sure it'll be a long wait.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top