Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:03:00 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm on my way to Rhode Island on Friday, you can't swing a cat without hitting a Dunkin Donuts.  Like those uppity assholes need more caffeine.  It's a state the size of a damn postage stamp, but they drive like bats with their asses on fire.  Slow down assholes, if you slow down 5 seconds too late, you'll be in Vermont.  

Why can't you get a fucking glass of fresh fucking brewed iced tea in the whole goddamned state of Rhode Island???!?!??   "It's out of season."  FUCK YOU.  Iced tea doesn't have a season.  Duck season, wabbit season, hockey season, that is it, end of fucking list.  There is no fucking iced tea season.  And don't serve me that pre-brewed nasty fucking Nestea Lemon Sugar synthetic iced tea.  I've had my daily allowance of polymers already.  Flavored teas are for communists and homosexuals, serve them to the Kennedys, not me.  If I wanted Rasberry-Mango tea, I'd go beat myself in the head with a shovel for about 20 minutes.

/minor rant off

RANT ON!  Why can't I get an iced coffee in the South after September?  Iced coffee doesn't have a season either.   And it's not just hot coffee poured over ice, you morons!  And we're damn proud that we have 40 Dunkin Donuts in the city of Providence alone.  Stay in the frekking south, we don't want you in our fine Dunkin Donuts establishments of RI anyway.  Iced tea is for those who are too whimpy to drink iced coffee.  Don't you have evacuees to poke fun at?

The Kennedys aren't from RI either, ya jackass.  

Rant off.

DW...I don't know where in the south you go, but I see Iced Coffee available here all the time.  Additionally, when I hit NC in October and November to hunt, they are still available.  My aunt loves the stuff.

P.S.  Nobody likes Massachussets.  Rode Island is only a fart echo away, might as well be the same place.  I thought I heard a while ago that they were going to combine RI with another state and give Puerto Rico statehood.  Is that true?

DV8-
I lived in Hotlanta for 2 years.  My parents have lived in North Carolina for 10 years.  I think Sweet Tea is the most vile liquid that has ever been served up.  You can't get a decent cup of hot coffee, let alone iced coffee, albeit for ONE Dunkin Donuts on the ride between Raleigh and the coast.  

I realize noone likes Massachusetts.  Rhode Island is just a little state to the south of Mass with a corrupt government, bad drivers (I'll give ya that one) and the best coffee in the USA.  Oh, and damn good seafood.

It's silly to dump on a state just because of the politics of the party in power, dont'cha think?
and especially silly to dump on arfcommers who happen to make that state their home.

Yes, we drive badly.  You tend to drive that way when you don't have 10 mile straightaways to practice on.  But we dare you to traverse the S curves of Pawtucket at 70mph on a rainy day.  No, we probably don't have barbeque or Mexican food like you do.  But then again, we don't have as many Mexicans as you do to cook for us.  But we have a lovely seashore, and good seafood, and if you don't try to talk to us, you can be damn sure we won't talk to you.

Ya'll have some darn good Portuguese food too!!  What's that sausage stuff called that they put on everything?  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:03:37 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Drinking my "large, cream-only" right now.

You're not from Mass Cynic....

And why aren't you smoking a joint while eating Ben & Jerry's?  Cause that's what VT people do.

Now if you'll excuse me I've got to wash down my lobster with some Moxie

God i miss Moxie. I'll be back in Maine in October, have to introduce the wife to it as well.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:07:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Ya'll have some darn good Portuguese food too!! What's that sausage stuff called that they put on everything?

I believe you're referring to Chorico!  Yes, we do have some fine Portuguese food!  And awesome Italian (no, not the Olive Garden) food!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:09:37 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Ya'll have some darn good Portuguese food too!! What's that sausage stuff called that they put on everything?

I believe you're referring to Chorico!  Yes, we do have some fine Portuguese food!  And awesome Italian (no, not the Olive Garden) food!

That's it.  Had Chorico on some eggs one morning.  It was good, good, good!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:10:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Speaking of below the Mason Dixon line...

Y'all have the Waffle House....  Cant go a mile without seeing one...
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:17:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

That's very true.  Have one at almost every Interstate exit, and along most major roads.  There are three within 3 miles of my house.  

Closest Dunkin Donuts is 4 or 5 miles, across the street from the closest Krispy Kreme.  KK's are only good when they first come out of the fryer.  I prefer DD.  Must be my Yankee roots.  

Several of the DD's went independent a few years ago.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:22:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Mmmmmmmmm....  Waffle House.  Not healthy at all, and we like it that way.  Hashbrowns with onions and cheese, makes for long road trips with the windows down.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:24:05 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm on my way to Rhode Island on Friday, you can't swing a cat without hitting a Dunkin Donuts.  Like those uppity assholes need more caffeine.  It's a state the size of a damn postage stamp, but they drive like bats with their asses on fire.  Slow down assholes, if you slow down 5 seconds too late, you'll be in Vermont.  

Why can't you get a fucking glass of fresh fucking brewed iced tea in the whole goddamned state of Rhode Island???!?!??   "It's out of season."  FUCK YOU.  Iced tea doesn't have a season.  Duck season, wabbit season, hockey season, that is it, end of fucking list.  There is no fucking iced tea season.  And don't serve me that pre-brewed nasty fucking Nestea Lemon Sugar synthetic iced tea.  I've had my daily allowance of polymers already.  Flavored teas are for communists and homosexuals, serve them to the Kennedys, not me.  If I wanted Rasberry-Mango tea, I'd go beat myself in the head with a shovel for about 20 minutes.

/minor rant off

HEYHEYHEY!!!!
Watch who you're calling an uppity asshole, bub! <sips hazelnut coolatta>

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:24:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mmmmmmmmm....  Waffle House.  Not healthy at all, and we like it that way.  Hashbrowns with onions and cheese, makes for long road trips with the windows down.

Waffle house...great place for the "pre-hunt and kill" breakfast.  For the record, Waffle House and DD are far superior to Stuckeys.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:29:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
They generallly dont serve sweet tea north of the Mason-Dixon line...........I travel a lot through the entire east coast so I know this. I rarely see sweet tea served above Virginia - I think Texas Roadhouse up here may offer it though.........Iced Coffee is perhaps the most OVERRATED beverage ever "designed".......coffee with ice.........simply STUNNING........who was the genius who invented cold coffee? Dunkin Donuts is okay but only slightly above gas station coffee or "Honeydew Donuts" - another Masshole establishment......

If I want sweet tea, I make it........I prefer southern cooking to most northern cooking any day - depends on who makes it. Generally. I like the deep south better since it is actually closer to the central Maine I grew up in - mindsetwise.....The panicky New Yorkers, Jersey drivers and Massholes I run into daily drive me nuts........thank God I'm in New Hampshire.

Mmmmm.... Sweet Tea! I was in Texas this summer and I found out how great that southern drink is! It is driving me crazy that we dont have any here in Kalistan. There is no substitute for it either. You cant just dump a bunch of sugar into regular iced tea and have it be the same.

I feel like going back to San Antonio just to get some more of that tea.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:31:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Waffle House is hit or miss.......it tastes best at 2 in the morning after a long night at your local nasty white trash strip club............... .errr "gentleman's club".......that aside I normally prefer a local diner or Cracker Barrel when down south for Breakfast.......some Waffle Houses are okay - others are extremely ghetto.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:33:41 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

/minor rant off

HEYHEYHEY!!!!

Being married to an uppity yankee woman, you'd think that I would know better than to go on the internet and piss off a bunch of uppity yankee wimmen.    I amaze me sometimes.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:40:27 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

/minor rant off

HEYHEYHEY!!!!

Being married to an uppity yankee woman, you'd think that I would know better than to go on the internet and piss off a bunch of uppity yankee wimmen.    I amaze me sometimes.

It's ok...you're just a man...we don't expect much

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:46:41 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Hey you, go get me a Turtle Nut Latte!

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:49:20 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v734/Hokie1850/womeninternet.jpg

Open yer wallet el cheapo!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:50:33 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only if you drive!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:07:35 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

/minor rant off

Drink you're warm oversweetend herbal gray lavendar tea with two soy milks and shaddup....oh and get you're slow drivin' hillbilly ass out of the passing lane!

Actually, I always get a rental car with Masshole plates when I am there.  It gives me free reign to drive like a dipshit.    People expect it when they see the plates.  

The real fun is trying to find any BBQ or Mexican food in Rhode Island.  If one more person points me to Taco Bell when I ask about Mexican food, you guys are going to see me on the evening news.   I've tried to explain brisket to the folks in Rhode Island, but they can't seem to grasp it.  I just leave them to their quahogs and coffee and quietly count the seconds until my flight home.  

If I were you I would just permanetly have the middle finger up, thats what i do while driving on the pike and rt 128, it sucks so bad, i just prop my arm up agasint the left window, middle finger in place and let all see.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:13:12 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only if you drive!

Be careful what you wish for....Philly girl who learned to drive while living in RI and currently residing in MA....

You have better chances of surviving at the Superdome---unarmed
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:36:20 AM EDT
[#19]
tagged to add to the rant later
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:48:26 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I think Sweet Tea is the most vile liquid that has ever been served up.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:49:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Ever since I moved from there I have been craving Dunkin, they are the only ones that actually make your coffee for you.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:51:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Dude, DD is wicked good. I CRAVE it. There isn't even a Krispy Kreme in this town.

Krispy Kreme is very good, and I love their glazed donuts, but I do prefer DD donuts, bagels, and muffins.

DD coffee is where it's at. Fuck Starbucks. Too expensive and overrated.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:56:17 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Be careful what you wish for....Philly girl who learned to drive while living in RI and currently residing in MA....

LOL...you're the worst type of Mass driver!  If you tell me you drive a SAAB and have a heavy Dorchester accent I'm never going to Mass again!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:01:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Driving in MA isn't hard. You just have to be aggressive AND fearful for your life at the same time. Unfortunately, people freak out too easy and cause accidents
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:03:28 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Driving in MA isn't hard. You just have to be aggressive AND fearful for your life at the same time. Unfortunately, people freak out too easy and cause accidents

Yeah, it isn't hard now that they have put up rubber guard rails and nets under the bridges near the Kennedy Kompound and Chappaquiddic.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:11:40 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

and sometimes, they like slowing down and parking their SUV's and Suburbans on Interstate 93 for no reason at all.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:12:52 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

and sometimes, they like slowing down and parking their SUV's and Suburbans on Interstate 93 for no reason at all.

I know exactly what you're talking about.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:07:48 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

The real fun is trying to find any BBQ or Mexican food in Rhode Island.  If one more person points me to Taco Bell when I ask about Mexican food, you guys are going to see me on the evening news.   I've tried to explain brisket to the folks in Rhode Island, but they can't seem to grasp it.  I just leave them to their quahogs and coffee and quietly count the seconds until my flight home.  

Silly Texans, BBQ is pulled pork, NOT beef. You can cook beef like BBQ, but BBQ is PORK!

Oh, and Krispy Kreme pwns Dunkin Doughnuts (but it is good though).

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:09:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Whatever happened to the guy with the moustache in their commercials?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:21:33 PM EDT
[#30]
There are 305 Dunkin DOnuts within a 40 mile radius.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:36:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Krispy Kremes are horrid after the first day. But otherwise they kick ass!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:09:24 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
It's silly to dump on a state just because of the politics of the party in power, dont'cha think?
and especially silly to dump on arfcommers who happen to make that state their home.

Daisy, you've said what I'm thinking. That's why I'm making it part of my sigline.

<----------from IL where sometimes we don't get no love (sniff)
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:41:58 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

/minor rant off

HEYHEYHEY!!!!

Yeah, don't be dissing Playmore...or I'll be clicking!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:04:07 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Weird, OH ->CO->VT for me.

Sup former Buckeye buddy.

I got my father addicted to DD coffee. He makes me bring
home some bags of coffee whenever I head back to Ohio
(was just back last weekend for the SDSU game). All Ohio
seems to have is overpriced Starbucks, gas station swill,
or burnt Krappy Kreme.

At least these New England liberals seem to know how to
make coffee.

eta: Oh and +1 on Skyline chili.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:16:22 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

/minor rant off

Yep Rodent Island has more DD than MA per capita - and they are not done yet!

I don't understand why they even bother selling cars with directional signals there - no one uses them!

And I thought Massholes were bad

BTW: Rodent Island #1 state for most corrupt government (NJ #2, LA #3)

It may be the smallest state but they are #1 in a couple of important fields; corruption, most democrats, business unfriendly...

GO little Roddie
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:14:07 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL...you're the worst type of Mass driver!  If you tell me you drive a SAAB and have a heavy Dorchester accent I'm never going to Mass again!

Explorer and I talk like a New Yorker thanks to all the state cross-living.

Come on down Hokie...I'll buy you a Latte!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:57:47 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:25:57 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Whatever happened to the guy with the moustache in their commercials?

He died back in the late 1990's..........I remember the day well..........I was a teenager growing up in Maine........there was tremendous mourning when it was realized there was no longer someone to make the donuts..........Back in the day, there were two primary sources for coffee in the early a.m. - McDonalds and Dunkin Donuts - since McDonalds coffee tastes like shit - Dunkin Donuts soared in popularity.........
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:21:57 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Daisy, you've said what I'm thinking. That's why I'm making it part of my sigline.

lol.  Gee, thanks Deej!

<except that it's DaisyWench>  no wrench.  Unless you've been talking to Doublefeed!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:18:41 AM EDT
[#40]

Former MA resident of 30 years here who moved to FL 2 months ago....

Observations:

-  Dunkin Donuts' donuts used to actually be pretty good when they actually made them at the shop.  But then they started making them elsewhere, shipping them in and reheating them.  They've sucked since then.

-  Don't know much about their hot coffee as I don't drink coffee.  The iced coffee is good but not as good as MaryLou's which is another coffee chain in Massachusetts known for their pink signs and stores and their tendency to only hire cute teenage girls to work for them.

-  I've tried to drive the S-curve on I-95 in Pawtucket at 70mph on a rainy day (AWD helps immensely) but everyone else in New England slows their speed to 20mph under the speed limit the second a single drop of water hits the ground.  Hell, clear out the other drivers and the cops and I'll do 70mph through that twisty new I-93 tunnel that goes under Boston.

-  Turn signals are completely optional in Massachusetts.

-  Gun laws suck in Massachusetts.  I like being in FL and actually having the option of "vehicle carry" (trunk gun, glovebox pistol, center-console pistol).  Could never do that in MA, not even with a Class-A LTC.  I also like my assault rifles and being able to buy any pistol I want and not just the ones that the attorney general tells me are "ok".

-  Why doesn't MA have any good fast-food places?  They've got McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, and KFC/Taco Bell.  That's all.  There's no Arby's.  No Checkers.  No White Castle.  No Hardy's.  Nothing.  The ones that they do have all suck.  Oh yeah, and no Waffle Houses in MA?  WTF is up with that?

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:08:17 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Observations:

-  Dunkin Donuts' donuts used to actually be pretty good when they actually made them at the shop.  But then they started making them elsewhere, shipping them in and reheating them.  They've sucked since then.

-  Don't know much about their hot coffee as I don't drink coffee.  The iced coffee is good but not as good as MaryLou's which is another coffee chain in Massachusetts known for their pink signs and stores and their tendency to only hire cute teenage girls to work for them.

-  I've tried to drive the S-curve on I-95 in Pawtucket at 70mph on a rainy day (AWD helps immensely) but everyone else in New England slows their speed to 20mph under the speed limit the second a single drop of water hits the ground.  Hell, clear out the other drivers and the cops and I'll do 70mph through that twisty new I-93 tunnel that goes under Boston.

-  Gun laws suck in Massachusetts.  I like being in FL and actually having the option of "vehicle carry" (trunk gun, glovebox pistol, center-console pistol).  Could never do that in MA, not even with a Class-A LTC.  I also like my assault rifles and being able to buy any pistol I want and not just the ones that the attorney general tells me are "ok".

-  Why doesn't MA have any good fast-food places?  They've got McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, and KFC/Taco Bell.  That's all.  There's no Arby's.  No Checkers.  No White Castle.  No Hardy's.  Nothing.  The ones that they do have all suck.  Oh yeah, and no Waffle Houses in MA?  WTF is up with that?

One of my friends just narrowly escaped being charged with multiple felonies for possessing firearms in Massachusetts (he didnt have a FID/LTC or trigger locks). I have a Mass LTC Class A All Lawful Purposes - but it still isnt worth the hassle living there in my opinion.  Too much bullshit.......If my unit moves to Cape Cod in the near future, I will commute from NH or move to Rhode Island (RI has tolerable gun laws - no AW ban). I don't own a single trigger lock - and purposefully destroy them when one comes with a gun I own....

Mass fast food places? Can't think of any good ones. I'm not big on fast food anyway though. There are some decent chain restaurants - a few good Mexican restaurants (go figure).......Sam Diegos in Hyannis and Plymouth kicks ass......Some good places to eat in Boston but I try to avoid the city - being stationed there I spend minimal time inside of Boston.........North End has good Italian food and some good Seafood restaurants as well....

On driving........I'll admit I now drive like an asshole - I was courteous when I arrived in Mass but the daily morning commute to Boston is........an adventure.....I never knew my Toyota Tacoma could go 95 mph in the slow lane.........neat.

What was this thread about again?

Oh yeah - Dunkin Donuts - oops........
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:22:22 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Former MA resident of 21 years, moved to FL then MS two years ago.

Oh man, I forgot about Mary Lou's News.  There was one by my house. Good stuff. And you're right, they always had cute girls.

Same thing in FL and ESPECIALLY MS. People freak out when it rains. At least it doesn't snow here... ever see people south of the Mason-Dixon react to snow? It's like the world is ending.

They're optional in MS too.

Good fast food? Isn't that an oxymoron? Seriously, there are much better places to eat in MA, as you know. Can we say relatively cheap Maine Lobster? Fuck Red Lobster, no true New ENglander goes there. It's a sin. Go to a shack on a wharf. Boston and the surrounding area has some fantastic restaurants. You can get anything you want in Boston. I've eaten Ethiopian there a few times. Good stuff.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:49:12 AM EDT
[#43]
1)  From one vantage point in Logan Airport about 6 years ago, I could clearly see three different Dunkin Donuts stores.

2)  I am from Dunkin Donuts country, albeit in the midwest, and if they truly quit making them locally its a damn shame.  They still trump Krispy Kreme any day of the week.

3)  Dunkin Donuts coffee is one of the best things in life.  Fourth only to crushing your enemies, seeing them running before you, and hearing the lamentations of their women.

4)  Southerners don't know seafood.  Most, though, are too culturally xenophobic to even try anything beyond chicken fried steak and grits, so they will never know what they are missing.

5)  Despite this, the all time best Sushi place I have come across was in the Florida Panhandle. Go figure.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:52:42 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
4)  Southerners don't know seafood.  Most, though, are too culturally xenophobic to even try anything beyond chicken fried steak and grits, so they will never know what they are missing.

I'll agree with this... to a degree. Most Southerners I've run across, living here for 2 years, when they think seafood, they immediately think "fried". Trash trash trash. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy fried shrimp, but it's nothing to write home about. That being said, there were a few fantastic seafood restaurants in Pensacola that actually didn't fry every damn thing on the menu.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:59:07 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

No wonder america is fat.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:25:31 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No wonder america is fat.  

Because all the fried food in the entire Southeast US isn't enough....

Fatest people I've ever seen are down south, that's for sure. Some of the prettiest are also down here too. Guess you need that balance of scenery.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:19:59 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

lol.  Gee, thanks Deej!

<except that it's DaisyWench>  no wrench.  Unless you've been talking to Doublefeed!

My bad.  I'll fix that sigline right away.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:21:26 PM EDT
[#48]
I've tried Dunkin' Donuts' coffee, and Krispy Kremes.  I am impartial to both...
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:46:11 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey Playmore, If I ever come up to Mass, will you buy me a latte if I buy you one?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:51:56 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
And they all ask for extra cream & 8 sugars

You mean there's a different way to get it?

#1 (XLarge, Xcrm Xsug 2 Choc Glz) please...
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top