User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:28:17 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuckoff.  I know the damn forearm is a factory HK forearm.  Mine didn't require any adjustment, but not all of them do.  It is really tight.  The only thing I said I wasn't 100% sure on was the bipod but I am pretty sure it is factory HK.

An honor graduate of the Dale Carnegie course I'm sure...

Actually I'm about to go to my preventitive dentistry class.  I am a first year Dental Student.  There was 600 applicants and 60 spots.  So while I have a temper occasionallly when people insult me I am not a moron.

Being book smart doesn't mean you aren't a moron.  John Kerry ran for president but he is a fucking moron as far as I'm concerned.

You need to step back, and think about what you are doing.  

You, with your vast knowledge of HK91's derived from owning a PTR-91, are arguing with a man who has a VAST collection of REAL HK firearms, including several HK91's.  He is not simply an "arrogant know-it-all dealer".

The only arrogant know-it-all assclown in this thread is you.  You shoved your foot in your mouth with your first snide remark to SteyrAUG, and you've been digging yourself a pit ever since.

No one insulted you until you started acting like a fucking jerk.  If you wouldn't have had the prick attitude in the first place, everything would have been fine.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:52:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't care if someone suggested that I may have non HK parts.  It's when someone continually TELLS me what I have like it's right in front of them that comes off as arrogant.  I don't have a broad knowledge of HK's and I never said I did.  I have had several forearms for my rifle.  It came with an OD green POF forearm.  I bought a factory HK forearm and holding them side to side you can notice differences as well as the overall fit and feel of the forearms.

Oh and as far as twisting words.  You made statements even after I explicity said the opposite or did not say at all.

Oh the heavy barrel on PTR's makes them achieve better than 2moa easily unless I just got lucky.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:00:06 PM EDT
[#3]
This is almost as funny as some of the silly pissing contests us M14/FAL dorks get into...!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:07:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
This is almost as funny as some of the silly pissing contests us M14/FAL dorks get into...!

If it ain't German parts, it ain't shit!  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:10:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I wouldn't care if someone suggested that I may have non HK parts.  It's when someone continually TELLS me what I have like it's right in front of them that comes off as arrogant.  I don't have a broad knowledge of HK's and I never said I did.  I have had several forearms for my rifle.  It came with an OD green POF forearm.  I bought a factory HK forearm and holding them side to side you can notice differences as well as the overall fit and feel of the forearms.

Oh and as far as twisting words.  You made statements even after I explicity said the opposite or did not say at all.

Oh the heavy barrel on PTR's makes them achieve better than 2moa easily unless I just got lucky.

1. Nobody TOLD you what you had. Here is my statement:

"Here's the thing.

1. All HK factory forearms are the same. Same length, width, etc. and same clip in the same location.

2. All HK factory bipods are the same. Same length, width, etc.

All placement of bipods on forearms should be the same.

Every single factory HK with bipod I have EVER seen has been identical in this respect. Yours is the first one I've ever even heard of that isn't.

Is it all factory?

Looks like a steel NATO bipod so that should be good to go."

Please NOTE the part in RED.

Then when you INFORMED me that your rifle was  PRT-91 I said this:

There is your problem. I'm pretty sure the forearm is NOT factory HK. PTR can't use factory forearms due to the 922r 10 count rule. Not sure if they are home rolled or Top Notch stuff

Again, while I did tell you that the PTR91 is NOT factory, it was based upon information YOU provided.

You then insisted that your foream actually WAS factory German and was simply out of spec.

To this I replied as follows:

"You are trying to suggest the incompatability of YOUR BIPOD with YOUR FOREARM is possibly due to one being out of spec as a result of a quality control issue. I find that extremely unlikely and stated as much (which makes me an asshat in your mind).

I find it FAR more likely that the bipod or the forearm, or possibly BOTH are NOT factory German and produce a COMMON problem of incapatability. I also find it likely that you cannot distinguish or determine a factory German part from a HK contract part or even an aftermarket part. And having held both and determined they "look the same" is absolutely not enough."

And I'm standing by that assessment.

With respect to the 1MOA of angle issue suggested by samsong the barrel has virtually nothing to do with it. What prevents the HK from being a 1MOA rifle is not the barrel profile. It is the fact that it is NOT free floated and the nature of the action (which is designed as a compromise between accuracy and reliability resulting in a rather dependable 2MOA rifle).

The ONLY HK action capable of 1MOA is the  PSG1 which IS free floated with a reinforced receiver designed to tighten up the rifle. A heavy profile barrel will NOT refine a HK rifle to 1MOA or rest assured HK would simply have done THAT.

As the PSG1, with all it's refinements is the only way to get 1MOA performance from the HK action, I still maintain that you gentlemen are in error with your estimations of the PTRs performance.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:17:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If it ain't German parts, it ain't shit!  

Actually that isn't what is being said.

Many HK contracts are virtually indistinguishable from German factory rifles.

Pakistani contracts just ain't one of them.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:25:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Steyr-Aug maybe many things but he is not ignorant of HK firearms nor of their clones.  He has FIRST HAND experience with the clones and hundreds of real HKs.  How about you?  Why dont you ask him about the group buy guns he received and the aftermath.

Please there is NO comparison between a cobbled together clone from POF parts and a real HK.  The claim that it would be able to hold 1 MOA? Thats total fabrication and is near the claims of the TOAD.   If you think 1 MOA is possible with a PTR, HK must make some shitty guns because mine will only hold 2+ MOA.

I just laugh my ass off when I read, " MY PTR is BETTER then a real HK".  I guess the Germans dont know how to make precision machinery as well as the clone makers.  The ignorance is just deafening.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:33:43 PM EDT
[#8]
SIG_220 Where or from whom did you buy your "factory" H&K 91 fore arm?

Just courious.

Just a tip about this place, you may think you know a lot about guns/anything, but on this board there will be many people that know infinitely more than you do about gun/anything and they won't hesitate to belittle you as they prove that they do, unless you show a little humility, and even then they will still belittle you but just not as bad
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:52:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Just a tip about this place, you may think you know a lot about guns/anything, but on this board there will be many people that know infinitely more than you do about gun/anything and they won't hesitate to belittle you unless you as they prove that they do, unless you show a little humility, and even then they will still belittle you but just not as bad

Isn't that the definition of territorial pissings?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:57:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Steyr, you sure about that non-floating thing?  The three examples I have owned have had what appeared to be a floating barrel...i.e. you can flex the cocking tube without flexing the front sight/barrel.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:02:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Steyr, you sure about that non-floating thing?  The three examples I have owned have had what appeared to be a floating barrel...i.e. you can flex the cocking tube without flexing the front sight/barrel.

Mine is the same way. I can push my handguard up and it moves the tube but the sight block/barrel stay in place.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:05:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Steyr-Aug maybe many things but he is not ignorant of HK firearms nor of their clones.  He has FIRST HAND experience with the clones and hundreds of real HKs.  How about you?  Why dont you ask him about the group buy guns he received and the aftermath.

Please there is NO comparison between a cobbled together clone from POF parts and a real HK.  The claim that it would be able to hold 1 MOA? Thats total fabrication and is near the claims of the TOAD.   If you think 1 MOA is possible with a PTR, HK must make some shitty guns because mine will only hold 2+ MOA.

I just laugh my ass off when I read, " MY PTR is BETTER then a real HK".  I guess the Germans dont know how to make precision machinery as well as the clone makers.  The ignorance is just deafening.  

I never said a PTR was better than a HK91.  I think they probably are capable of better accuracy because of the heavy barrel.  I know there was feeding problems with the first couple hundred of rifles in the first batch, but they have fixed things since then.  I have 3000rds through my PTR.  I had 3 ftf's the first 200rds.  Since then it's been cocmpletely reliable so I guess it needed to be broken in, and yes I know true HK's don't need to be broken in.  

I don't think I am an expert.  I know that Aug has more gun experience and knowledege in most if not all areas when it comes to assault rifles.  I do know what forearm I have though.  Oh and the stock wide forearm is already a foreign part.  I confirmed this with JLD.  It can be replaced legally.  I'm done with this pissing match unless I can find out a way to have definitive proof.

I'm sure you'll all call me a troll or toad for this last bit.  The best group I have shot with my PTR is below.  My PTR  has a bipod, HK forearm, Bill Springfield trigger job, B&T mount, Sightron SII mildot scope, and a Top Notch Clone MSG-90 stock (yea I know top notch isn't the best but I can't legally put the real thing on it).  This group is from 200yds, with the below pictured rest, and with South African Surplus .308.  It was right after I zeroed the scope in at 200yds (I originally had it zeroed at 100).  The rings on the rifle in the pic are different from the one's I was using for that group, but I'm not sure it would matter.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:40:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice.

Now I 'm not sure if I want to get back in on this thread.

First off,hello to the guy that likes to bash PTRs every chance he gets,
weather he has any experience with them or not.
He knows who he is.

Next I believe that bipod is POF.
If I remember correctly ,POF bipods have the original coating
plus an extra weather resistant coating.Not as refined or smooth
looking as the original.
Mine is a POF bipod on a PTR,and next to a German built
original HK I noticed mine sits a hair taller.

Didn't really think much about that till now.

My wide forearm on my PTR-91PBWB is FMP ,not POF.

I believe my bolt carrier is POF ,but the bolt is FMP.
I think the trigger parts are also FMP ,with the exception
of the JLD marked sear.
I'm judging after a trigger job though.

The barrels on the current production PTRs are not made the same
as the original HK barrels,besides being a heavy barrel.

They WILL do 1.5 MOA out of the box with good ammo.1 MOA after a trigger job.

Notice I did not say I shoot 1 MOA with it  ,a friend that is a better shot
than I am tried it out and was very impressed.

I have put over 800 rounds threw it so far ,without a glitch.

I've seen several of those 3 hole stocks.
All of the ones I saw were German or FMP .
The ones with the complete stock present all had heavy buffers.
That may just be coincidence.
I wish I would have bought one of them ,just to have a slightly
different stock.

Steyraug ,if you happen to read this ,at how many rounds did you have to put
plus size rollers on ?
My bolt gap started at .012 and is now at .007 .I should still have plenty of time,
I was just wondering if you remember when you had to change yours ?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:22:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:29:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Your probably right on the stock forearm being FMP.  I always assumed it was POF and heard that from others.  Oh and thanks fot the compliment on the group/rifle whichever you were saying "nice" to.  I am not that good of a shot.  I wanted to find out what the full potential was so I bought that rest.  While not the best it helped out quite a bit.  I like the bipod but when shooting off of a bench it just seems akwardly high so I usually use a sandbag.

I don't think the bipod is POF.  I used to have a bipod that I bought that was advertised as a POF bipod.    It was from a website that had lots of POF parts.  Anyways it was a finished in a black color, and just didn't operate as smoothly.  This one is more of a dull matte gray.  It may be a Nato one as Aug implied.    

As for anyone I said choice words to.  I am sorry I lost my temper.  I had 3 tests today (Biochemistry, Neuroanatomy, and Dental Materials).  I am having a hard time adjusting to a 25.5hr fall semester.  Anyways you might give the crappy PTR another try if you only had a chance to shoot one of the one's from the first batch.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:07:10 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Not a "true" free float but damn close.

The cocking tube makes random contact with the inside of the front sight which makes positive contact with the barrel. Also during the course of shooting that point of contact changes as the gun heats and the front sight moves in relation to the heated barrel.

This means changing contact points between the cocking tube and inside of the front sight, and that is all that is need to change the barrel harmonics. And this is yet another reason why the HK 91 (nor it's clones) are capable of better than 2MOA.

Even the HK MSG90 and the HK G3SG1 don't have true "free floated" barrels. The PSG1 is the ONLY HK rifle patterned after the 90 series with a "free float" barrel.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:12:43 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Steyraug ,if you happen to read this ,at how many rounds did you have to put
plus size rollers on ?
My bolt gap started at .012 and is now at .007 .I should still have plenty of time,
I was just wondering if you remember when you had to change yours ?

I honestly don't think you are gonna need to on a semi that is correct.

I've got select fire G3s that are still in spec on the original rollers after tens of thousands of rounds.

I see this question come up a lot because a lot of "hack smiths" use different size rollers to address errors in the build. If that is the situation then what you actually have is an out of spec issue and roller wear will probably not be normal as a result and replacement will be on a individual basis as a result.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:25:31 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Your probably right on the stock forearm being FMP.  I always assumed it was POF and heard that from others.  Oh and thanks fot the compliment on the group/rifle whichever you were saying "nice" to.  I am not that good of a shot.  I wanted to find out what the full potential was so I bought that rest.  While not the best it helped out quite a bit.  I like the bipod but when shooting off of a bench it just seems akwardly high so I usually use a sandbag.

I don't think the bipod is POF.  I used to have a bipod that I bought that was advertised as a POF bipod.    It was from a website that had lots of POF parts.  Anyways it was a finished in a black color, and just didn't operate as smoothly.  This one is more of a dull matte gray.  It may be a Nato one as Aug implied.    

As for anyone I said choice words to.  I am sorry I lost my temper.  I had 3 tests today (Biochemistry, Neuroanatomy, and Dental Materials).  I am having a hard time adjusting to a 25.5hr fall semester.  Anyways you might give the crappy PTR another try if you only had a chance to shoot one of the one's from the first batch.

Without seeing it in person the bipod does look like one of the NATO contracts ones (which are far superior to the factor German "lightweight" - the ones you always see with the broken plastic feet that someone has attempted to glue back in place).

If the forearm is FMP they run about exactly spec with German parts and shouldn't produce any compatability problems.

The BIG problem is unless a person can tell the difference they won't know for sure. And you can't take the word of the guy selling it. I remember last year all those unmarked "factory German" MP5 mags that were sold for $35.00. Now "I" recognized them as US aftermarkets but there was no shortage of people who thought they were getting a screaming deal on curved 30 round GERMAN MP5 mags. Even several distributors advertised them as "factory German" because that is what they had been told. I can't count the number of times I've seen POF parts sold at gunshows as "factory German."

And this isn't to suggest POF sucks. While not as high in quality as German stuff in terms of things like metalurgy of parts you can still build a reliable and accurate firearm with POF parts. You just need to remember that they are not the same spec and as such won't interchange with other parts. It's kinda like combining Chinese and Romanian AK parts.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:04:33 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Without seeing it in person the bipod does look like one of the NATO contracts ones (which are far superior to the factor German "lightweight" - the ones you always see with the broken plastic feet that someone has attempted to glue back in place).

If the forearm is FMP they run about exactly spec with German parts and shouldn't produce any compatability problems.

The BIG problem is unless a person can tell the difference they won't know for sure. And you can't take the word of the guy selling it. I remember last year all those unmarked "factory German" MP5 mags that were sold for $35.00. Now "I" recognized them as US aftermarkets but there was no shortage of people who thought they were getting a screaming deal on curved 30 round GERMAN MP5 mags. Even several distributors advertised them as "factory German" because that is what they had been told. I can't count the number of times I've seen POF parts sold at gunshows as "factory German."

And this isn't to suggest POF sucks. While not as high in quality as German stuff in terms of things like metalurgy of parts you can still build a reliable and accurate firearm with POF parts. You just need to remember that they are not the same spec and as such won't interchange with other parts. It's kinda like combining Chinese and Romanian AK parts.

I was referring to the forearm that came with the PTR as probably being FMP.  I still think the one I replaced it with is HK but I have no way to prove it. I figured there would be a date code or something someone would bring up to help me out, ,but I guess there isn't any such thing.  That's a good thing to know about the rollers.  I was never really sure if they usually needed to be replaced or not.

The one thing I was dissapointed with on my PTR is trying to mount a claw mount.  I have had 2  A.R.M.'s claw's, a factory claw, and a Tapco claw.  None of them would lock up very tight.  They were all used with the exception of the Tapco claw.  Maybe the feet were filed on by the previous owners to much.  Most people have no problem with claw mounts on PTR's but I have seen threads a couple of times with the same problem I had.  The B&T mount works great.  I just wanted a more authentic looking mounting system.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:12:53 PM EDT
[#20]
I also have that Duncan Long book - Never could figure out why would you want to hang your rifle on a wall by a  nail?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:55:06 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I was referring to the forearm that came with the PTR as probably being FMP.  I still think the one I replaced it with is HK but I have no way to prove it. I figured there would be a date code or something someone would bring up to help me out, ,but I guess there isn't any such thing.  That's a good thing to know about the rollers.  I was never really sure if they usually needed to be replaced or not.

The one thing I was dissapointed with on my PTR is trying to mount a claw mount.  I have had 2  A.R.M.'s claw's, a factory claw, and a Tapco claw.  None of them would lock up very tight.  They were all used with the exception of the Tapco claw.  Maybe the feet were filed on by the previous owners to much.  Most people have no problem with claw mounts on PTR's but I have seen threads a couple of times with the same problem I had.  The B&T mount works great.  I just wanted a more authentic looking mounting system.

About an inch to the right of the sling clip what are the markings in your forearm or is it just blank square?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:13:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Not to interupt the pissing match, but does anyone know how tight a knights RAS would be on Real 91?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:15:30 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
But why are you guys even talking about a real HK 91.  Dont you guys know the JLD version is much better then the real thing?

Yes thats with severe sarcasm.

Dude you have a weird stock. I also have seen several dozen HK91s and thats that first one I have seen with the extra pin holder. Is that an original stock or an aftermarket?

Yeah, umm, I HAVE one of these rifles, and it shoots close to a minute with milsurp. Hasn't failed to feed or extract/eject in over 500 rounds.

Best rifle I've ever owned. What's your prejudice against the JLD made gun? That it doesn't cost $2300?

How can you even compare the two rifles.  You have a clone with POF parts and you are trying to compare it to a real HK.  If you believe that they are truly equal, I have a nice bridge in Brooklyn I can let you have for a small fee.  You can charge toll and make your money back!  

Dude get real, there is NO FUCKING COMPARISON between the PTR and a real HK.  

Uh oh, I guess we've got us an HK SNOB!

I guess that a clone Springfield Armory Garand, made by (of all things) a TRUCK MANUFACTURER wouldn't be worth a pig in a poke, right? Those junky IH Garands!

And how about those crummy Chech VZ24 Mauser copies! Poop! And those awful small-ring fakes of Mausers that those South Americans hacked out, I guess they're all junk, too.

Let's talk about a clone that's REALLY junk - like the $700 Kimber 1911-copy handguns that don't feed out of the box...
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:19:12 PM EDT
[#24]
It's a blank rectangle.  I'll try to post a pic tommorow but all of my closeup pics turn out blurry.  I'll do my best though.  I noticed that rectangle looking it over earlier today after getting home from class, but since it had nothing in it I wasn't sure if it was of any consequence.  I asked about the rectangle and 4 on hkpro earlier but I don't think anyone has answered yet.  I hope it doesn't show that I've been wrong all this time but worse things have happened.  There is also a 4 inside of the forearm just to the rear of the heatshield if that means anything.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:20:13 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
But why are you guys even talking about a real HK 91.  Dont you guys know the JLD version is much better then the real thing?

Yes thats with severe sarcasm.

Dude you have a weird stock. I also have seen several dozen HK91s and thats that first one I have seen with the extra pin holder. Is that an original stock or an aftermarket?

Yeah, umm, I HAVE one of these rifles, and it shoots close to a minute with milsurp. Hasn't failed to feed or extract/eject in over 500 rounds.

Best rifle I've ever owned. What's your prejudice against the JLD made gun? That it doesn't cost $2300?

How can you even compare the two rifles.  You have a clone with POF parts and you are trying to compare it to a real HK.  If you believe that they are truly equal, I have a nice bridge in Brooklyn I can let you have for a small fee.  You can charge toll and make your money back!  

Dude get real, there is NO FUCKING COMPARISON between the PTR and a real HK.  

And not to insult anyone, lest I be called an "asshat" again, I'd like to point out that a FACTORY HK 91 is at best a 2MOA rifle. I have a hard time believing a clone made from POF parts produces anything that is almost 1MOA.

I guess that I'll take that as a challenge, my friend. I'll shoot off some milsurp, then some of my handloads, and snap some photos of the groups.

I actually already HAVE photos of my groups out of this rifle when I sighted it in after mounting the scope. I had several 100-yard groups that were a little over an inch, and one that went just under. I want to repeat this in a less chaotic environment, so I'll do some new shooting and incorporate my handloads into the deal. I'll get back to you on the results.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:27:24 PM EDT
[#26]
I was wrong somebody has answered at HKpro and said they think it is a factory forearm:  http://hkpro.websolv.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=283448&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Hopefully that will be the general consensus.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:38:09 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
It's a blank rectangle.  I'll try to post a pic tommorow but all of my closeup pics turn out blurry.  I'll do my best though.  I noticed that rectangle looking it over earlier today after getting home from class, but since it had nothing in it I wasn't sure if it was of any consequence.  I asked about the rectangle and 4 on hkpro earlier but I don't think anyone has answered yet.  I hope it doesn't show that I've been wrong all this time but worse things have happened.  There is also a 4 inside of the forearm just to the rear of the heatshield if that means anything.

The opinions on HKPro notwithstanding I'm not aware of ANY German forearms that don't have a date code.

All of the HK contract parts I have seen only have a blank rectangle.

I am still of the opinion that the forearm is HK contract for this reason combined with the fact that it is incompatable with the bipod.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:40:33 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I guess that I'll take that as a challenge, my friend. I'll shoot off some milsurp, then some of my handloads, and snap some photos of the groups.

I actually already HAVE photos of my groups out of this rifle when I sighted it in after mounting the scope. I had several 100-yard groups that were a little over an inch, and one that went just under. I want to repeat this in a less chaotic environment, so I'll do some new shooting and incorporate my handloads into the deal. I'll get back to you on the results.

Well maybe it's just you and you are kin of Sgt. York or something.

But I've already shot PTR91s against factory HK91s and the German rifles beat them rather consistently but still produced an average of 2MOA.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:53:42 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well maybe it's just you and you are kin of Sgt. York or something.

But I've already shot PTR91s against factory HK91s and the German rifles beat them rather consistently but still produced an average of 2MOA.

PTR's come with horrible triggers though.  I couldn't group very well with mine until I had some work done to improve it.  That group I posted was out of 5 targets at 200yds.  There were 2 that were about 2.5", one at 3" or a tad over, and another one not worth mentioning .  If anyone is  near Norman, OK your more than welcome to meet me at Tri-City Gun Club to verify the accuracy.  I have to be able to use my rest though to get it to group like that.  I'm going to test it with some Black Hills Match Grade Ammo ext time.  I don't remember the bullet weight of the box I bought off the top of my head.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:03:46 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The opinions on HKPro notwithstanding I'm not aware of ANY German forearms that don't have a date code.

I am still of the opinion that the forearm is HK contract for this reason combined with the fact that it is incompatable with the bipod.

The lastest HK parts come without dates codes.  But this is recent manufacture and  I dont think 91 or G3 parts are included in this.  I dont think HK even makes them anymore.  But I bought some parts from Gordon Miller and they had no date codes.  GM is pretty honest and sincere guy and he told me the new parts dont have them.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:33:56 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's for the loop on the R3/3 web sling.  Holds the gun at a ready position.

+1

And if you ask Duncan Long it is so you can hang the rifle on a nail.

The same Duncan Long who doesn't know that Yugoslavia had their own SKS versions?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:45:23 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The lastest HK parts come without dates codes.  But this is recent manufacture and  I dont think 91 or G3 parts are included in this.  I dont think HK even makes them anymore.  But I bought some parts from Gordon Miller and they had no date codes.  GM is pretty honest and sincere guy and he told me the new parts dont have them.

I am going to assume it is HK then.  I bought it within the last few months and it was in new condition or at least looked to be.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top