Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:50:28 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm hella getting tired of this shit.

And we're all getting tired of paying FEMA to rebuild your hurricane-blown asses!

That dont happen in Florida we get nothing from anyone, including our insurance companies.

Interesting.

So when the Governor declares a state of emergency for XYZ counties and FEMA gets dispatched after the usual 3-4 hurricanes rip through your state every year, there's no Federal money spent?

I love you guys. I know if it wasnt for us, you would not have to pay any taxes right?
The Gov wouldnt still take it and use it for something else.

It's not just hurricane-victims. It's ALL Federal charity/welfare that's creating such a bloated Gov't budget.

Confiscating 20ish percent of my gross income to cover Federal expenditures of which almost 70% are simply WELFARE is BULLSHIT.

So yeah, if it wasn't for ALL welfare-parasites sucking money from the Federal Treasury, I'd probably have very little federal taxes to pay.

Quoted:
Im a stand up guy and have not had help from anyone. If you want I will pay your share of taxes that went to to hurricane victims. Send me your addy and I will send you 25 cents.  

Actually I (and every other household in America) is already paying $600 JUST for hurricane Katrina.

And when all is said and done, I'm sure my share will easily exceed $1,000 just for that one hurricane.

You still want to reimburse me my share of taxes spent just to cover that one hurricane?

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:52:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Move. Really, just move out of the hurricaine zones.  But dont move to a tornado alley, flood plain, or earthwquake zone.

Instead people will say and the .gov will throw federal money like some primative tribe throwing virgins into the mouth of a vocano.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:38:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks like a non event for us.

A little rain and some wind. Standing down.

You guys in Texas better keep an eye on this one.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:40:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You guys in Texas better keep an eye on this one.

Oh crap, it's Category 2 already and it hasn't hit the really warm parts of the Gulf of Mehiko
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:48:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Move. Really, just move out of the hurricaine zones.  But dont move to a tornado alley, flood plain, or earthwquake zone.

Instead people will say and the .gov will throw federal money like some primative tribe throwing virgins into the mouth of a vocano.

Like after an Earthquake?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:01:57 AM EDT
[#6]
beer.  check.
ammo.  check.

bring that little whore on
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:40:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Got my 3 B's - beans, bullets, and batteries. A couple more cases of water, and I'm set.

Looks like we'll be in for a wet weekend. If it sticks to the track, we'll see Rita's dirty side.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:22:40 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm hella getting tired of this shit.

I have pretty much determined that as soon as we are finiancially able and wifey finishes her degree here, we're packing and heading for the mountains. The more I think about East Tennessee, the more I like it up there.

Hurricanes have been a way of life for me since I was too young to remember, but I'm getting tired of it.

Come on up to the KY,we need more smart folks here!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:03:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.  It might end up being a Cat 1 when it makes landfall.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:08:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I wonder if I can get to the head of the line and apply for my $2000.00 credit card?

oh hell yeah, that's gonna go towards one decked out M4gery

we live in an apt on the NW side, so if it floods (it floods in our dam apt complex in rainstorms) it's the apartment's mess to clean up.  gimme my free cash govt.!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:06:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nobody should live in an earthquake zone. the active faults are well documented at this point. no reason to live near and active fault or even a large dormant fault.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:58:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nobody should live in an earthquake zone. the active faults are well documented at this point. no reason to live near and active fault or even a large dormant fault.

Hell you live in a state that is suppossed to drop in the ocean at any minute.

If nobody lived in a place subject to natural disasters this country would be seriously empty.

Shit happens. And it happens almost everyplace.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:24:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Claymores deployed to stop illegal weapons confiscations?  check, hopefully .  
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:50:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Fucking A this thing is now a Cat 5 with speeds of 175 mph.

It is forcasted to hit Texas as a Cat 4 or Cat 5.

If you live anywhere this thing can potentially land please know this is a killer storm.

I'm not trying to freak people or say the sky is falling but I am speaking from experience.

You DON'T want to be where this thing lands if you can help it.

PLEASE take this storm seriously and start planning and preparing NOW.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:44:38 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hell you live in a state that is suppossed to drop in the ocean at any minute.

I do not live anywhere near an active fault or major fault. There are plenty of places that have little risk of natural disaster.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top