Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:00:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I converted my brother's gas powered airsoft Glock to full auto.  Don't think I'm going to prison.  Yet.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:28:58 AM EDT
[#2]
What brand are these airsoft? Not Tokyo Maru? I may be interested in a couple.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:42:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Did someone mention boobies?...

Did someone mention a Special's list...?

If it is a list for Special boobies Im so in!..

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:49:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:00:20 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'd have helped you out by buying a glock in .45, but well, all my firearms in the US were bought in private sales because I am well, Canadian, I am not even sure i am allowed to buy firearms private anymore....

I don't understand.  Do you keep the guns in the U.S.??  It's hard enough importing a firearm into the U.S.  I can't imagine trying to bring it back to Canada, and then only long guns.

SteyrAUG,

As unpalatable as it is to sell Airsoft, a guy's gotta make a living.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:16:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like a marketing problem. My attitude is, if you had advertised that Glock deal, you would have sold them all. You just need to get the right target audience, and that particular board was probably not the right choice.

Do it again if you will, post it in other places, and you will move them all.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:22:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:35:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Uh..... Im just wondering which airsoft guns are you selling?

Im looking for a cheap FN P90. Cause i know ill never get to own the real thing.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:44:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:44:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I assume you read the big write-up on airsoft in Shotgun News last month talking about all the profit potential with them?

Yeah and I scoffed at that one too.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 10:40:07 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

and "group buy" was mentioned somewhere, too.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 10:41:24 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

and "group buy" was mentioned somewhere, too.

BOOBY GROUP BUY?!?

I'm soo in.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:02:06 AM EDT
[#13]
1.  The market is saturated.  I don't know how many Glocks they've made since the beginning in the 1980's, but it's a lot.  The police trade ins, the "rebuilds", about the only ones that get destroyed are the ones that some cities confiscate.  I still can't believe you didn't get more bites than that though.
2.  There are a lot of kids out there not old enough to own handguns on their own, but instead of getting the bb/pellet pistol like we did when we were kids, they are apparently getting daddy to get them airsoft.
3.  There are a lot of adults out there who never grew up.
4.  I wouldn't want to be a LEO these days, with so many young, and old people with so many almost exact replicas of real guns.  There will be people killed holding these things up in the presence of law enforcement, and if the LEOs fire their weapons, they will be scarred mentally for life, when they find out afterwards that the gun wasn't "real".
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:10:20 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
There is a much higher "cost of entry" into the real steel firearms world. First you need to get the experience of shooting, and for most that can be a little daunting/intimidating. Also, the process of buying a gun, ammo, etc is much more complicated. Lastly, you can only go shoot at certain places, and unless you are lucky enough to have a tactical range nearby, you have to adhere to lame range rules and plink.

Airsoft is much more accessible to the masses (and the underage) and you can use it more often, at a much smaller cost in all aspects. Lastly, you can get to run around blasting your friends playing soldier.

Some snobs here think that's bad, but from the huge number of M4geries (mine included) I think everyone is allowed to play around. Of course, if and when the SHTF the real steel guys will be MUCH better off, haha

PS: How often does the SHTF? Chances of you using your real steel M4gery are 1/million... airsoft, you can go every weekend.

"real steel?"
Little kids crack me up.

Damn people sound ghey when they say that
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:45:54 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

That being said, things tend to run in cycles. In the store I hung around, they would go through dry periods on Glocks, Sigs, 1911s, you name it, and then one day they simply couldn't keep them in stock.

Go figure.

Let me guess. . . they ran you off?  

No. Store went out of buisness when the owner got pressed back into duty (he was an officer in the .mil) afer 9/11 because he had training in chem/bio warfare. (Officers are subject to recall until something like 60...) He owned and ran the store and guys like me helped him out around the store basically just for discounts on goodies.

When he got recalled, we had to shut the store down.

Towards the end he started selling airsoft. I knew it was the beginning of the end.....

Frankly I don't know how gunstores stay in buisness. The margin on guns and ammo is insanely low, and the headache is insanely high.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 2:01:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Glock Fo-ty. Too propheshionul.

R yo shure yo phropheshional enuf ta hanel a Glock Foty?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 2:09:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Had I heard about this group buy I would have jumped on a 17 immediately...
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 2:32:53 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'd have helped you out by buying a glock in .45, but well, all my firearms in the US were bought in private sales because I am well, Canadian, I am not even sure i am allowed to buy firearms private anymore....

I don't understand.  Do you keep the guns in the U.S.??  It's hard enough importing a firearm into the U.S.  I can't imagine trying to bring it back to Canada, and then only long guns.

SteyrAUG,

As unpalatable as it is to sell Airsoft, a guy's gotta make a living.

I've got an AR lower in North Carolina and pistols in Washington, Alabama, and Texas. Pretty much anywhere i og and meet interestign friends I get a pistol or three for protection as I drive around the States, then I store it with a friend or relative.  I have only ever once accidentally brought a pistol through th eborder with me, completely forgot about it. It is still kicking around soemwhere in my storage locker I think. Completely useless piece though, .22 short Beretta.  Never fed for shit nor did it even fire with regularity.  Sure was small though
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 2:46:08 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

4.  I wouldn't want to be a LEO these days, with so many young, and old people with so many almost exact replicas of real guns.  There will be people killed holding these things up in the presence of law enforcement, and if the LEOs fire their weapons, they will be scarred mentally for life, when they find out afterwards that the gun wasn't "real".

I don't know, is it any different?
When I was a kid you could get good replica cap guns for 5 bux.
Then they started painting them bright colors,
Then came airsoft.

I think I still have a Beretta 92 and an Uzi kicking around somewhere, from when I was 10.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 2:47:26 PM EDT
[#20]
The market for the airsofts really doesn't surprise me.  There is a much lower cost of entry to get one, and anyone can legally own it.  You also get the fun of full auto...kinda.  Wheeee.....!

So, I am willing to bet you have played around with these things you are selling so many of.  What is your opinion of them?  Do we get a classic "Steyr Aug Review?"  

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:10:20 PM EDT
[#21]
How much were you selling the G17s for? I would have wanted to get in on the buy!
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:57:07 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
How much were you selling the G17s for? I would have wanted to get in on the buy!

They were $450. each. Sorry you missed it.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top