Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2001 4:34:36 PM EDT
I am curious about something.

When you find yourself in a situation that you know is totally futile, regardless of the nature of said situation's origin, and it seems that everything that you could do to bring yourself some semblance of releif is not an acceptable option nor will anyone assist you in improving the situation (and assume someone actually could if they would) what do you do?

You can't run from it, kill it, remove it, change it, get drunk and forget it, curse it away, pray it away, sleep it away, scare it away
and worst of all you can't ignore it.

What do you do for releif?

I know this is vague but it is precise enough to conjure up the scenario.

Very serious here!
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 4:39:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Let go and let God.

Very serious here too.

Hope you figure out whatever it is you are dealing with.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 4:41:06 PM EDT
[#2]
This is tough to respond to as the actual situation is unclear. My vote is to get someone who is familiar with the area in which your issue lies, get resourceful and tackle it head-on!
Whatever it is, taking steps to resolve it must be better than letting the monkey ride your back.
Of course, I have no idea what your refering to, but I still would want to "win."
'Luck,
CS
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 4:44:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 4:44:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Accept that the only problem is one of perception.  Realize that it doesn't matter and move on.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 5:01:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Please trust me when I say my expeiences have proven that literaly all things can be overcome. If all is truly of no help, then there can be nothing to lose in referencing the following:

Psalm 3:3-5, 16:9, 31:24
Deuteronomy 31:6
Joshua 1:9
Isaiah 41:10
Philippians4:13

It is a few minutes spent or invested prior to deciding on another direction.

E-mail me if you would like.

I hope you find an acceptable solution.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 5:03:21 PM EDT
[#6]
"You can't run from it, kill it, remove it, change it, get drunk and forget it, curse it away, pray it away, sleep it away, scare it away
and worst of all you can't ignore it."

Thats when you switch to full auto.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 5:22:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 5:27:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Right on donv!
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 5:27:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like taking care of someone
with a progressively debilitating
terminal illness.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 5:38:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You can't run from it, kill it, remove it, change it, get drunk and forget it, curse it away, pray it away, sleep it away, scare it away
and worst of all you can't ignore it.

What do you do for releif?

I know this is vague but it is precise enough to conjure up the scenario.

Very serious here!
View Quote

Oh,boy...

Be true to your convictions, don't forget you are special in the scheme of things, and above all Listen to Classical Music...it is so soothing to the soul. I know, I'm listening to Beethoven right now, what a wonderful prespective his music does for me.

Pay attention to your lineage and heritage...

Motto: Adapt-Adopt-Improve!!!

God Bless
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 5:46:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks DonV!

That is really exactly what I needed.

My plate is full right now.  

Job searching
Difficult Step-kid
Difficult Father of step-kid
Court Hearing over Custody
Wife that has no fight in her
Wife that would rather coddle step-kid than correct him
Wife that makes me out to be the bad guy when I even raise my voice to step-kid
Worried about health of my father
Worried about my marriage
Worried about my self

on and on and on

I know all I read is true and I beleive it to be the case.

Thanks again Don
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 5:57:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Thanks DonV!

That is really exactly what I needed.

My plate is full right now.  

Job searching
Difficult Step-kid
Difficult Father of step-kid
Court Hearing over Custody
Wife that has no fight in her
Wife that would rather coddle step-kid than correct him
Wife that makes me out to be the bad guy when I even raise my voice to step-kid
Worried about health of my father
Worried about my marriage
Worried about my self

on and on and on

I know all I read is true and I beleive it to be the case.

Thanks again Don
View Quote

Wow, I didn't see that coming.
My previous reply seems so lame in retrospect.
You and yours are in our prayers!!!

[b]BROTHERS IN ARMS-BROTHERS IN CHRIST[/B]

BEST WISHES!!!
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 6:02:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks M1A-A1...............we really need those prayers.

Ever realize that the harder you try to put your house/self into order the more resistance you get from certain directions?

Thats me right now.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 6:11:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 6:16:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Thanks M1A-A1...............we really need those prayers.

Ever realize that the harder you try to put your house/self into order the more resistance you get from certain directions?

Thats me right now.
View Quote

Hang in there Man.
Tomorrow is another day, next week is another week later and next month will still arrive. Until[b]HIS[/b] Return we must be "Gung Ho" (Chinese for work together)!!!
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 7:02:08 PM EDT
[#16]
X-Kill I also remember your past posts on this matter.Just remember we're here for you if you need us,while you may not feel comfortable letting a good rant out on the public forum.I'm sure there are people you could call that would be more than happy to let you get it out of your system.that's what works for me most of the time.mmk
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 7:26:28 PM EDT
[#17]
I have always found it to be true that the man upstairs won't give us anymore than we can't handle, even though it might not seem like it at the time.

The best thing to do is to face challenges head on, change what you can and realize there are some things you just can't and they aren't worth neglecting yourself over.

I know this is vague as well, but take time for yourself, step back a little and it will be clear to you in time.

Hang in there we are here for you
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 7:31:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 8:23:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 10:45:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Every day I wake up I go through this. All I have to look forward to is the next mean thing someone is going to do to me.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 10:59:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 11:12:53 PM EDT
[#22]
This will probably seem trite to some, but it helps me when I'm up against it. I have 3 sayings posted in a couple of places, and I try to be aware of them.

Knowledge is Power

Seize the Day

That which does not kill us only serves to make us stronger

I also try to be aware of the fact that no matter how lousy I feel, there are plenty of people that have it a lot worse.

Keep the faith, brother.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 11:24:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Never worry about things you have NO control over! Its just not worth the stress and gray hairs, or pulling them out!
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 12:29:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Sounds like your talking about life. Some times it's bad,some times it sucks, and occassionaly it's bearable. Roll with it, this to shall pass. Or,keep you powder dry and your pecker hard, and the world will turn my brother. When things like this scenario happen to me, I just get stubborn and resign to outlasting the damn(whatever it is) thing.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 5:27:49 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm with ya X-K,ill, I feel your frustration.  Seems like a lot of my life is the same, circumstances I can't change for the better.

When other's don't have to live what you are going through, walking in your shoes, it's easy to to get the advise I always get, "You just can't let it bother you.".  That sucks!

I don't have any answers for you, you seem bright enough that if there were any solutions to you problems you would have found them.  

Sometime we are just put in the no win situation, and although being men we are used to finding solutions to problems which are almost insurmountable, sometime they are totally impossible to resolve.  I guess this is the true measure of our character.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 6:06:43 AM EDT
[#26]
I hate to tell you this but your problems will be greatly reduced if your wife gets onboard. You don't seem to have any problems that you yourself can't overcome. Your fathers health is unfortunate but it is part of life and we all face it eventually.
You are going to have to sit down with your wife and make her understand. Perhaps if you have a problem step child the best thing may be for that child to go with the father.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top