Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:50:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry for your loss and prayers sent.

Danny
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:51:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry for yuor loss.  Most dads are not that noticeable until they are gone.  It's the way a good dad is in my book.  We pick up the tab, keeps things moving and cheer silently form the sidelines.  

I lost my dad a little over 6 years ago.  Ache is the same.  I am just more used to it.  On of my favorite memries was a camping trip we took with my parents. my wife and 4 boys.  The kids wer finding money all over the campsite.  They spent a lot of time amusing themselse between exploring the stream and countnig their new found riches.  I made the comment to my mother about somebody losing a lot of money.  She just said, "It's you father"  He would drop his spare change and then just watch the boys search for it.  Over the course of a week, they probably spent a few hours looking for coins.

It seems that since he died, whenever I am having a particularily rough day at home,  at work or on the road,  I always seem to spot a penny or some other coin laying on the ground.  Hey, you never know.  

He will always be keeping an eye on you.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:57:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
God bless.

It has been 14 years and I still miss my dad every day. The pain lessen with time... you always have the memories.

28 years for me.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:03:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
God bless.

It has been 14 years and I still miss my dad every day. The pain lessen with time... you always have the memories.

28 years for me.

33 years for me.Fought in the pacific in wwII at the age of 16.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:43:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Don't grieve for me.  I guess that's one of the really good things about Hospice.  You have a chance to have that final lucid conversation, the dreaded son-to-father talk, and the grieving process is nearing an end.  

I don't know why we share these things in the Arfcom family but we do. And sometimes I see it's value.  

My father's suffering is over and I pray (rare) he is now with my mother.  

In keeping with Arfcom tradition I must now say go hug or call your dad.  Don't let him go without knowing he was your hero and you loved him.

My sincerest condolences to you and your family. My father has never been a hero to me, but my wife on the other hand is a hospice nurse who absolutely loves what she does. That sounds very strange, but I think only because most of us will never have the depth of compassion for the suffering that she and others in her profession do have. I hope your Dad was cared for in his last days by just such a nurse, and I suspect he was. I'm glad to hear you were able to spend those last moments together, before his suffering ended.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 10:54:16 AM EDT
[#6]
geegee - It takes a special person to do that job.  They must be part angel.  Tell your wife thanks.  She helps make the unbearable bearable for many people.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top