BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:15:17 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
99% of the Nazi shit (always nazi, rarely werhmacht) is reproduction.
And there is a ton of Nazi shit out there at gun shows.
Makes me fucking sick.
If you don't think its there, you are high.
The days of WWII vets combing gun shows is over.  yet, somehow, the nazi shit still sells very well?
Why would remade nazi medals and uniforms excite people who didn't fight in WWII?  We aren't talking genuine collectables or historical items.
The nazis are out there and they love the gun shows.  Why do you think the mods have to constantly ban the 88s who come here assuming all gun lovers are wanna be nazis?
If nazi crap is so popular for collectables, you don't seem to see it at the beanie babies conventions or at any other.  
Just the gun shows.
I think gun shows should ban the shit because if you don't think it makes gun owners look like wanna be SS, you are wrong.

Bring it.

I used to date a Jewish girl and their family bought a couple of Nazi items as living proof of the Holocaust.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:25:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:34:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Piles and piles of Nazi memorabilia. Medals, rank patches, canteens, they had it all. Nazi Iron Crosses lay beside American Silver Stars as if they'd put the whole World War thing behind them and since become good metallic friends.

I suddenly remembered a line from the movie American Beauty: "There's a whole subculture that collects this Nazi shit."

It was true.

I later found tables displaying Japanese and Italian effects, though not nearly in the same quantity. Without going so far as to make accusations, there was certainly a feeling that these German trinkets were not simple spoils of war.

Other than the outrageous prices, this is why I stopped going to the gun shows years ago. I don't know why this sort of thing needs to be sold at gun shows. Yeah, its a free country, but whats the connection, really? Why can't those people wishing to sell Nazi stuff have their own show, if they think theres really a market for it? It speaks poorly of gun owners to have that sort of thing so prevalent at gun shows.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:40:20 PM EDT
[#4]
All white huh?

Wasn't around here then.

Gunshows here are about 50% "white" and 45% Asian.

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:55:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I call BS no mention of jerky.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:59:15 PM EDT
[#6]
How come the jerkoff who wrote the article missed the most common denominators of all gun shows, such as:

The greedy prick dealer with a 1903 springfield that he marked at $1700 and drags it to every show for ten years.  In hopes of finding someone dumb enough to buy it.

Or the guy with the scabby looking worthless russian marked 98k's that he's selling for $600.

Or the crackling sound of the stun guns.

Or the wizard knife display.

Or the 40 round per second uzi tactical assault ballistic rifles.  Twice as lethal as the 20 round per second types.

PS -

I go to gun shows pretty often but I never see prices even as good as the local gun shops.

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:02:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I hope you guys practice your "A-frame stance with a Smith and Wesson .50 caliber revolver" when you go to a gun show.

Personally, use the old "roof purlin" or "ceiling joist" stance.

LOL.  What a tool.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:02:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

On the upside, most vendors were extremely nice, knowledgeable people who were just trying to make a few bucks. Already low prices could be haggled a bit; the whole thing had the feel of a giant garage sale. I did question the intentions of the vendor whose sales pitch was "All of these rifles can be modified into fully automatic machine guns." He could have just as legally told me how to smuggle heroine in them, but this vendor was definitely a minority in the crowd.

How come every anti-gunner that goes to a single gun show meets up with this vendor, and yet I have gone to more than I can count and have never seen that type of conduct?  

+1000

I'll bet he was at the "Hellfire" table with the video of the guy shooting and the vendor was telling him this was legal.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:03:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I hope you guys practice your "A-frame stance with a Smith and Wesson .50 caliber revolver" when you go to a gun show.

Personally, use the old "roof purlin" or "ceiling joist" stance.

LOL.  What a tool.

yeah seriously was wondering what the fuck he was talking about.  Probably ment weaver stance.....
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:24:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
*snip (i hate super long re-qouting)*
flying helocopters don't make gun owners look like raving racists.
Nazi crap does.
We are our own worse enemies.
And every reply on here except for yours sees no problem with guys walking out with their Mitchell Mausers with brand new SS uniform and their little pin on iron cross with the swastika to stroke off in front of the mirror with.

I think the problem is also a mix of prejudice and the few that reaffirim it. The left has done a great job making the white male gun owner steriotype, into a racist fanatic hillbilly. Mostly through TV does this steriotype enter the home of people who have no experience with guns or shooting in general and it perpetuates from there.

I do 100% agree that Nazi memoribelia doesn't have a place at gun shows. The only things that belong even related to Nazi germany are firearms and firearm accessories from that period. Thats it. If you believe criminals are responsible for their crimes and not their tools, this should be easy to understand. However, I think someone else here said they had a grandfather who passed away leaving a WW2 bring back luger and holster (swastika and all). He kept both the gun and holster but said, "I'd shoot the gun but NEVER wear the holster."
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top