Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:55:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks everyone
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:17:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Rodent;

So I could go Infantry for awhile, and then go to flight school?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:19:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I spent a year with an infantry regiment, then went to flight school and flew F-4's. Did another stint with the infantry as a Forward Air Controller, and spent my last couple years flying A-4's as an adversary.

Flying fighters was better than "hiking and camping".  

Yuma?

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:47:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Rodent, how'd you enjoy being a FAC?

I try to make the best of things, and it was interesting, but I would rather have been up there looking down than down there looking up.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:48:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Rodent;

So I could go Infantry for awhile, and then go to flight school?

Not necessarily. Timing is everything. "The needs of the service" is a phrase you will hear from time to time.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:51:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I spent a year with an infantry regiment, then went to flight school and flew F-4's. Did another stint with the infantry as a Forward Air Controller, and spent my last couple years flying A-4's as an adversary.

Flying fighters was better than "hiking and camping".  

Yuma?

The RAG was in Yuma, then K-Bay, Hawaii for four years, counting a Western Pacific deployment (Japan, Okinawa, Korea & Philippinnes), then Miramar for Fighter Weapons School and back to Hawaii as an adversary.

I was at Camp Lejeune with 2/2 for a year before flight school.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:52:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I have this posted:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=390271

Quoted:

Quoted:
What the hell?
Aren't ALL Marines riflemen FIRST?

And as a corollary, all Marine officers are infantry platoon leaders first (hence the name of PLC). They don't make EVERY officer go through 8 months (OCS + TBS) of infantry officer training for nothing.

Firedog, I'm not too sure what area is denoted Camp Upshur; I think that's where TBS is located. The OCS site says TBS moved from Brown Field to Camp Upshur in 1955, and OCS took over Brown Field, where it remains.

Oh, btw, Marine Times is doing an online feature on OCS/TBS: www.marinecorpstimes.com/class186/

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top