Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:01:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Seagal is fatter than Elvis.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:03:21 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
My friends Dad is his Lawyer back in Montana.  He has a wall of SMG's and shit.  His man servant says he wishes he was a Navy/SEAL Kungfu Master jsut like in his movie's.  He spends a lot of his time pretending to be some Spec Ops Ninja dude, like a pre-pubescent teenager.

WTF does he have a "man servant" for? is this some code words for gay bondage partner?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:17:32 AM EDT
[#3]
C'mon you guys! Chuck's got this one for sure!!!
First of all, Seagal is WAYYY out of shape, and don't train much outside of Aikido, a little, but not much.
Chuck on the other hand is still in shape and trains consistently. Also, Chuck has a black belt in Brazilian Jiujitsu, which owns Aikido everyday of the week.
Chuck is a documented competitor and has trained with the elite of martial arts since the sixties. That speaks volumes on credibilty. Chuck was a champion and is open minded about training in other styles.
Seagal never competed and trained in Japan in the mystical art of Aikido, which has never done well when put up against other styles of martial arts. Aikido only does well and looks cool when someone is doing those moves on a complying student.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:32:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm sure Chuckles is in better shape... To be honest, I haven't seen Seagal lately, I didnt think he was that far out of shaoe, though. BTW, Aikido isn't all Seagals trained in. There appears to be a strong Jui Jitsu influence in him as well, but I've found no documentation on which style it may be.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:39:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My friends Dad is his Lawyer back in Montana.  He has a wall of SMG's and shit.  His man servant says he wishes he was a Navy/SEAL Kungfu Master jsut like in his movie's.  He spends a lot of his time pretending to be some Spec Ops Ninja dude, like a pre-pubescent teenager.

WTF does he have a "man servant" for? is this some code words for gay bondage partner?

Code word for a "Mr. Slave"

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:11:51 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
.....Jean Claud Van Fraud.....

LOL. Who was it that kicked his ass?

Some guy named Chuck Zito.  Did it leaving Scores in NY.  I heard it on the Howard Stern show when Chuck Zito was on.

Van Damm was a balet dancer who studied some Tae Kwon Do before he starred in Cyborg.
IMDB claims he was some Euro-kickboxer.  I am dubious because I remember seeing an interview where he said he was some balet dude.

Van Damm is a confirmed wifebeater.

Steven Segal is just a fat-assed showoff.  More power to him if he can make a living from it.

Chuck Zito is a Golden Gloves boxer, martial arts black belt, Hell's Angel, movie stuntman who served 6 years in federal prison.

Getting beat up by him barely counts as getting beat up, really.  I bet he could beat up God.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:41:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
So he was beating up women....

I dont doubt it.

"Julianna Margulies once worked with Seagal on Out for Justice. "His trailer was around the corner from mine on the Warner Brothers lot," Margulies recalled, "and I was walking by recently and he said 'Margulies, come over here and show me some respect!' He's not someone I keep in touch with.""

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:25:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I saw some actress giving an interview on TV a few years ago (I think it was on Letterman)- don't remember who it was, but she said she tested for one of his movies.  She said the test was basically- come over to my place and have sex with me and we will see if you get the part.  I was surprised to see such candor from one star about another.  Needless to say she didn't take him up on it, and he sounds like a 100% loser.

I believe that was Jenny McCarthy
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:27:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Oh come on guys. You don't really think I was being serious do you? Of course he's just another famous face trying to get a little more exposure as a result of a tragedy. Sean Penn got his face on the news. Kirstie Alley got her's. Now it's Seagal's turn. Hell, even Richard Simmons got in the act. He ws on Larry King last week. LOL.

Maybe they should all get a motel room in baton rouge and film a movie entitled''Disaster's a cumm'in''.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:17:27 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Oh come on guys. You don't really think I was being serious do you? Of course he's just another famous face trying to get a little more exposure as a result of a tragedy. Sean Penn got his face on the news. Kirstie Alley got her's. Now it's Seagal's turn. Hell, even Richard Simmons got in the act. He ws on Larry King last week. LOL.

Musta brought out the wide angle lens
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:28:02 AM EDT
[#11]
anybody remember those hilarious flash/shockwave seagall comics???
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:31:13 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
.....Jean Claud Van Fraud.....

LOL. Who was it that kicked his ass?

Segall?  I think it was Gene LeBell     Living legend, worth a google.

As far as Van Fraud?????
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:41:53 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I saw some actress giving an interview on TV a few years ago...

Not defending him, as I don't know if this is true or not, but it can also be translated as sour grapes
since she didn't get the part in his movie....

And we all know, Hollyweird people NEVER lie......
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:44:03 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Chuck Norris would break his neck

I doubt that. Jeff Speakman might.

+1
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:51:29 AM EDT
[#15]
I count Steven Segal as the second most hated actor in my opinbion.

Nick Cage, then Steven (buy your way into Buddhism) Segal
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:56:54 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
First of all, Seagal is WAYYY out of shape, and don't train much outside of Aikido, a little, but not much.
Chuck on the other hand is still in shape and trains consistently. Also, Chuck has a black belt in Brazilian Jiujitsu, which owns Aikido everyday of the week.
Chuck is a documented competitor and has trained with the elite of martial arts since the sixties. That speaks volumes on credibilty. Chuck was a champion and is open minded about training in other styles.
Seagal never competed and trained in Japan in the mystical art of Aikido, which has never done well when put up against other styles of martial arts. Aikido only does well and looks cool when someone is doing those moves on a complying student.

Ahhh, I beg to differ.  There have been quite a few times that Aikido has worked very well for me....specifically against people who were non-compliant.  While it's not the "be all end all" of martial arts, it does work.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:59:01 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ahhh, I beg to differ.  There have been quite a few times that Aikido has worked very well for me....specifically against people who were non-compliant.  While it's not the "be all end all" of martial arts, it does work.

+1 I worked with a guy who was into it and he had no problems with upity people. Within seconds he had grown men crying. Not kidding.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:51:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Seagal wants none of Judo Gene LeBelle.  

I'd take Gene, at 73, over Seagull any day.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:20:59 PM EDT
[#19]
"My daddy can beat up your daddy" -- overheard on 1.5 million playgrounds  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:25:31 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
"My daddy can beat up your daddy" -- overheard on 1.5 million playgrounds  

More like "my favorite fat, out of shape, long-in-the-tooth, no acting talent, martial arts hero can beat up your...."
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:36:19 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

You know shit.  Brazilian jui Jitsu is sport perversion of the Judo ground game, ask any Machado or Gracie they will readily tell you this.  Even Chuck Norris will tell you what you see on tv is not at all how it happens in real life.  I practice Judo and Traditional Ju Jutsu you try not complying when someone locks out and clamps a joint you will just break your own limb, wheras traditional Ju Jutsu is an open hand combatives art usually leaving your opponent maimed.  Akido is a soft form of Ju Jutsu with the emphasis on minimal force and preserving your opponent.  When you see Seagal use his hands in movies that is actually textbook phillipino martial arts a whole different ball of wax.  Respectfully, speak where you know and don't just pull stuff out of your ass, as anyone with any familiarity then knows you are completely full of shit.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:58:51 PM EDT
[#22]
He is tall, but "rangy"?
Last time I saw him he was about 270 and looked like he had been on a snickers and beer diet...

Quoted:
Not to mention ge is a big tall rangy motherfucker something not always obvious in his movies.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:03:26 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I thought the divorce allegations mentioned abuse, but that nothing was ever proven.

Does anyone have a link or solid info, or are you all content with trial by Media, in which case all of us gunowners are guilty of something as well......

The guy likes guns, collects 1911s, and isn't liked by the media.

Shocking.

Stallone collects guns, but he also a gun-grabbing, draft-dodging piece of shit.

Just because some hollywierdo owns guns does not mean he thinks we should be able to.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:11:42 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I thought the divorce allegations mentioned abuse, but that nothing was ever proven.

Does anyone have a link or solid info, or are you all content with trial by Media, in which case all of us gunowners are guilty of something as well......

The guy likes guns, collects 1911s, and isn't liked by the media.

Shocking.

Stallone collects guns, but he also a gun-grabbing, draft-dodging piece of shit.

Just because some hollywierdo owns guns does not mean he thinks we should be able to.

+1
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:42:11 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know shit.  Brazilian jui Jitsu is sport perversion of the Judo ground game, ask any Machado or Gracie they will readily tell you this.  Even Chuck Norris will tell you what you see on tv is not at all how it happens in real life.  I practice Judo and Traditional Ju Jutsu you try not complying when someone locks out and clamps a joint you will just break your own limb, wheras traditional Ju Jutsu is an open hand combatives art usually leaving your opponent maimed.  Akido is a soft form of Ju Jutsu with the emphasis on minimal force and preserving your opponent.  When you see Seagal use his hands in movies that is actually textbook phillipino martial arts a whole different ball of wax.  Respectfully, speak where you know and don't just pull stuff out of your ass, as anyone with any familiarity then knows you are completely full of shit.

+1

I have tremendous respect for someone who is proficient with Aikido. I had been stretching and pounding a large kick bag for hours a day when a practitioner of Aikido showed me what one could do without employing all of that fancy joint-destroying crap. And not long after that, I figured screw-it all -- my skills with a 1911 will trump any martial art out there. But I do find myself wishing for a pair of those bullet-reflective bracelets that Wonder Woman had...

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:57:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Sylvester Stallone owns guns?

I know Seagal does.

CRC
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:24:58 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I have tremendous respect for someone who is proficient with Aikido. I had been stretching and pounding a large kick bag for hours a day when a practitioner of Aikido showed me what one could do without employing all of that fancy joint-destroying crap. And not long after that, I figured screw-it all -- my skills with a 1911 will trump any martial art out there. But I do find myself wishing for a pair of those bullet-reflective bracelets that Wonder Woman had...

Once upon a time I was a karate student, but at my school we cross trained in judo, akido, boxing, and quite a few other martial arts. When the akido instructors taught us, they would sometimes have to "retrain" the karate student to throw a punch so they could deal with it. They wanted a committed, lunging punch, not a boxer's jab or cross.

I remember watching several akido instructors discuss what they would do if someone punched at them with jabs or other noncommitted punches--the type of punches they saw us use in our sparing. They didn't have a good solution.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:30:39 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

i just wanna choke people like darth vader does..

'I FIND YOUR LACK OF FAITH DISTURBING'.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:45:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Fuck all these other guys.  Jet Li would kick all their asses....

Even without all the rope-flying movie magic crap....

Chris
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:46:50 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, judo is basically a sport version of ju jutsu. Brazilian jj is a westernized form of judo, but like most Japanese martial arts, it can use a westerized influence to make it more practicle.

Escrima/arnis is very easy to learn, so Seagal's use doesn't say much for the depth of his cross training.

I tend to agree with jb241970's assesment of akido. It has some good moves for some attacks, mostly attacks a trained fighter would never make.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:03:13 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I know Seagal does.

CRC

My boy Sly don't need no gun to fanny spank seagalls fat ass with his friggin pantys around his ankles,As a matter of fact I pretty sure Richard Simmons could bitch slap steven and his karate double into the next millienium.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:08:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Jabs can be blocked and dodged. And jabs aren't going to do a helluva lot of damage if they do land. Therefore the aikido practioneer doesn't have to try to throw someone who tries to sneak a jab in on you. Block them or dodge them and wait for him to get frustrated and make a mistake.

BTW, I learned a very effective technique for seriously putting the hurt on someone who attempts a jab and I learned it from an aikido instructor. It basically involves just stepping backwards slightly, just enough to evade the punch, while bringing both arms up and toward each other (the full motion will form an X). That will alloow you to escape the jab's force,  trap the arm and break the elbow if done with force, all in one fluid movement.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:16:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Van damm is also a wife beater!

Quoted:
The guy is a wife beating piece of shit.
What is he doing in NO?  Just out for some photo op.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:18:20 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That guys acts the same in real life as he does in his movies...the same sort of mannerisms, etc.

Don't forget trotting along like a girl too.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:24:01 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
That guys acts the same in real life as he does in his movies...the same sort of mannerisms, etc.

Don't forget trotting along like a girl too.

Roger Staubach ran like a girl too but he had "skills".
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:30:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:41:17 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Jabs can be blocked and dodged. And jabs aren't going to do a helluva lot of damage if they do land. Therefore the aikido practioneer doesn't have to try to throw someone who tries to sneak a jab in on you. Block them or dodge them and wait for him to get frustrated and make a mistake.

For that matter, akido practioneers tend to be lacking with respect to blocks. Too much emphysis with trying to blend.

Jabs are typically followed by a cross or other punches which akido has trouble defeating.

Quoted:
BTW, I learned a very effective technique for seriously putting the hurt on someone who attempts a jab and I learned it from an aikido instructor. It basically involves just stepping backwards slightly, just enough to evade the punch, while bringing both arms up and toward each other (the full motion will form an X). That will alloow you to escape the jab's force,  trap the arm and break the elbow if done with force, all in one fluid movement.

Yes, I was taught that move, although I don't recall which art I learned it from. Making it work in a dynamic fight situation would be difficult. I had quite a bit of akido training, but making akido work in the dynamics of sparing was difficult, and only several people pulled that off in my experience. The akido-only people never sparred, but several karate people had extensive akido training.

Akido has quite a few moves that work well at subduing a clumsy attacker. I wouldn't want to rely on it as a primary fighting skill.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:32:21 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Say what you want about Kelly LeBrock's environwhackoisim,  she was SMOKING hot in "Wierd Science".   Who wouldn't want a little Lisa for dinner?    

+1

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:35:49 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think it would have been funnier for Sean Penn to be riding a shotgun

Fixt

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:55:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Well, My girlfriend at the time and I ran into him in a store in Mt Shasta, CA a few years ago.  Big black suburban pulls into the lot, several guys in black go into this little organic market and give it quick look and in he strolls.  Looked just like in the movies, mandarin shirt, buckskin jacket, ponytail and so on.  One thing's for sure, he is a BIG dude.  Not a lot of light shows around him when he stands in a door.  The funny thing is that he came across very shy and soft-spoken in person.  Seemed uncomfortable with being recognized, nodding and smiling to gawkers but in a sort of self-efacing way.  It's obvious who he is so when we were waiting in line at the checkout I said "Hi, how ya doing" sort of thing and we chatted about Nor Cal.  He bought some blueberries and an Odwalla juice if I recall.  I thought he came across like a nice guy.  Funny thing is my girlfriend had NO idea who he was so when we came home we Rented Under Seige and she's like, OMG, that WAS him, heh. heh.  

http://www.ar15.com/forums/manageReply.html?b=1&f=5&t=389351&page=4
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:58:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:00:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Well said.  Back in the mid 80's I had the good fortune to study under Mitsu "Mitz" Yamashita, who was teaching "self defense" at El Camino Colleg in Torrance, CA.  He primarily taught Aikido in this class, but he also included "Brazilian" JuJitsu, since he was a friend and student of Rorian Gracie (who was learning Aikido from Mitsu Yamashita).  The mixture of these two arts was fantastic and I and my brother became seriously committed to expanding our abilities in both.  We would train three times a week at the college with Sensi Yamashita, also assisting him with his students. We would also train once a week with Rorian and Royce Gracie in the garage at their house in Redondo Beach and later, Torrance.  
Over the years there have been some incidences where I have had to fight with someone.    One on one, the JuJitsu worked great.  Aginst more than one person however, it didn't work so well for me (except that I was able to use the guy as a human shield for a bit).  It was quite a surprise, to put it mildly.  
Also, I once had to fight a trained boxer (a real fight, on the parade deck at ITS, Camp Pendleton).  I could not trap any of his jabs.  He was very fast and got some very good hits on my face/head.  The only way I was able to gain the upper hand was to do a low thrust kick to get him to bend forward.  I was then able to grab him and knee him in the stomach/chest and then apply a choke hold.  
Now, working as a LEO, I mostly end up using Aikido, mainly for compliance holds and takedowns, but I have some piece of mind knowing that if I end up on the ground, fighting....I have another bag of tricks I can use.

Quoted:

Quoted:

For that matter, akido practioneers tend to be lacking with respect to blocks. Too much emphysis with trying to blend.

Jabs are typically followed by a cross or other punches which akido has trouble defeating.

Quoted:

Yes, I was taught that move, although I don't recall which art I learned it from. Making it work in a dynamic fight situation would be difficult. I had quite a bit of akido training, but making akido work in the dynamics of sparing was difficult, and only several people pulled that off in my experience. The akido-only people never sparred, but several karate people had extensive akido training.

Akido has quite a few moves that work well at subduing a clumsy attacker. I wouldn't want to rely on it as a primary fighting skill.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:36:21 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know Seagal does.

CRC

My boy Sly don't need no gun to fanny spank seagalls fat ass with his friggin pantys around his ankles,As a matter of fact I pretty sure Richard Simmons could bitch slap steven and his karate double into the next millienium.

I hope you are kidding about that draft dodging, gun-grabbing piece of shit.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:10:25 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Why won't this thread die?

I'm wondering the same thing.  The horse is dead.  Quit beating it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:30:56 AM EDT
[#45]
You are all wrong,
Jackie Chan can take them all !
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:37:02 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Chuck Norris would break his neck

I doubt that. Jeff Speakman might.

Chuck Norris? Stephen Seagal?
Sorry dude, Chuck gets my bet. Even in his old age.

+1
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:28:05 AM EDT
[#47]
I guess we don't need to guess the plot for his next video release now?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top