Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:14:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I will never forget the members of the NYFD, NYPD, PAPD and countless others who sacrificed their lives on 9-11 in order that others might live another day. Nor will I ever forget the other victims of 9-11 who were  on the ground or in the air that day.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:08:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:24:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Make sure you visit this site to see some of the younger victims.  They never were able to identify any of Dana's remains.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:31:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I was crying before they played the first phone call.

*gulp*

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:46:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Never forget... Never forgive.

God bless...
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:09:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Recovered from WTC Two Observation Deck 22 Sept 2001.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:23:56 AM EDT
[#7]
I particularly like this one.  

After the song has finished there is a short narration.

www.cantcryhardenough.com/

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:36:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:41:49 AM EDT
[#9]
may the lord bless their souls, for they shall never be forgotton!may the lord bless america and our allies and may we never relent in our duty to punish those responsible!  amen.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:45:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:51:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Make sure you visit this site to see some of the younger victims.  They never were able to identify any of Dana's remains.

GunLvr

Did a name reading this morning; the list included the ages of the victims. Nearly lost my bearing when I saw the four names there and the two Falkenberg children among them.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 12:16:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Hoplite's post from lightfighter (Hoplite didn't get banned, did he?)

HEaring these just makes me even more agitated that shitbags are trying to use the 911 memorial for their own agendas. Sign the petition to keep the 911 memorial for 911 only and not some other BS.
Take back the memorial
This article sums up the IFC's plans on the memorial and how the intend to disrespect those who were murdered that day.
The Great Ground Zero Heist From the Wall Street Editorial section.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 12:34:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 12:43:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks , I need that .
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 2:29:10 PM EDT
[#15]
God Bless the United States of America.

Never Forgive, Never Forget.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 2:30:05 PM EDT
[#16]
I think too much of the country has forgotten..................

ETA: wow that flash animation makes me simply homocidal...........
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 2:34:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 2:54:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:46:06 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
www.sacredcowburgers.com/parodies/lesson_learned.jpg

Ain't that the truth.

9/11/01

Morning:  wake up late and get breakfast.  Get on line to check e-mail and prepare for a phone interview

Later that morning: Talking on the phone with the recruiter after phone interview, he says building at WTS was hit by a bomb.  Ran down stairs and yelled to my parents to turn on TV.  Watched it all unfold.

40 minutes later... Call from Lt. Col. Rand Ponting.  He was getting ready to head out west for joint operations training he had helped put together.  Cleveland Hopkins Airport was shut down.  He needed a place to hang out until he can get ahold of his command for orders.  Went up stairs, showered and dressed.

40 minutes later.... picked him up at Marriot hotel and grabbed a shot.  Saluted to destroying our enemies.  

15 minutes later...  Rand and I are back at my parents house.  Mom and Dad serve us lunch as we all watch news.  Rand gets orders that they manuvers will be cancelled and ordered to Dayton base to mobilize Ohio National Guard unit and wait for further orders.

Later that day... Drive Rand to car rental place and go back home to watch the news.  Contemplated what it would take to lose my weight and get my fat ass back in shape to join the military.....  Part of me still wants to.  But I am too old, too fat, and too out of shape.  But how I would love to put one in a Tango's head after 9-11.

Two weeks later I heard that 2 guys that I played football with in high school were in the twin towers on 9-11.  They heard the fire alarm and ignored the message to not evacuate.  They convinced seven or eight other people in their firm's office to leave with them.  They made it out.  Eveyone else in their office perished....
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:42:19 PM EDT
[#20]
I will not forgive or forget.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:13:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Never forget.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:27:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:32:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:36:26 PM EDT
[#24]
I remember getting ready for work and my best friend's wife calls to say turn on the tv b/c a plane just hit one of the twin towers.  I remember thinking it was some dipsh.t lost in a cesna then turning it on just as the second plane hit.....

I hugged my family and cried, then the anger hit.  I wanted to kill and rip the soul out of all those responsible.  That feeling came back watching those various clips.  I think everyone should see these images again to remember why we are fighting.

Funny thing is that I haven't seen anything on TV/media showing those images. Probably afraid it would "foster hate or revenge".  Damn right.  Instead it's nothing but unrest as a result of Katrina.  One thing about 9/11 is the way it brought the country together, while Katrina rips it apart.

I WILL NEVER FORGET!
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:27:48 PM EDT
[#25]

Osama Bin Laden, your time is short;
We'd rather you die, than come to court.
Why are you hiding if it was in God's name?
Your just a punk with a turban; a pathetic shame.  
I have a question, about your theory and laws;
"How come you never die for the cause?"

Is it because you're a coward who counts on others?
Well, here in America, we stand by our brothers.

As is usual, you failed in your mission;
If you expected pure chaos, you can keep on wishing
Americans are now focused and stronger than ever;
Your death has become our next endeavor.

What you tried to kill, doesn't live in our walls;
It's not in buildings or shopping malls.

If all of our structures came crashing down;
It would still be there, safe and sound.

Because pride and courage can't be destroyed;
Even if the towers leave a deep void.

We'll band together and fill the holes
We'll bury our dead and bless their souls.

But then our energy will focus on you;
And you'll feel the wrath of the
Red, White and Blue.

So slither and hide like a snake in the grass;
Because America's coming to
Kick your ass!!!

By: Michael Kraus

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:27:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Never Forgive

Never Forget

I've never felt such a true hatred for anything as I do for the cowards who believe in this attack on America.

Revenge
Vengence
Redemption
Vindication

We will not tire,
We will not falter
and we will not fail.
                     .....President George W. Bush

As you remember those lost in this cowardly attack on America also remember those brave heroes who have given their lives in this war and those who have been injured or away from their loved ones.
"Our enemies are brutal, but they are no match for the United States of America, and they are no match for the men and women of the United States military." President G.W. Bush

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:56:07 AM EDT
[#27]

I went to Cardinal O'Hara high school and ran track with Timmy Soulas.  Him and Katy were expecting their 6th child when Timmy went to work at Cantor Fitzgerald on that Tuesday morning.

From an interview with Katy a year later:

We turned CNN on and smoke was billowing from the building and it was dark and I knew he was up higher than the impact of the plane, and at that point I felt like I was Mary watching Jesus die on the cross. I immediately felt too that it was going to be quicker for him than it was for Jesus.

I think in our faith it is important to realize that there are many mysteries in life and we are not going to know the whys -- as to why God took Daddy before we were through.

I think it is the fact that we believe in heaven and Tim is with God. And in that sense he is our angel and we can pray to him to help us get through these days. That evening, I felt Tim with me, saying, "I'm okay, I am with God. And I want you to be at peace with that." And it was a feeling almost of relief.

I will never forget and I will never allow others to forget.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:12:32 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
9/11

God Bless the victims and their families.

<-- Added to title after tacking --> -- brass

I ordered the CD of this video. Cost me 10 bucks but I really didnt give a crap. I cut several copies and passed them out to friends. Very moving video.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:44:10 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
This has been in my profile for years and years.

Never forget

I couldn't even make it all the way through this.  

` 45

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:38:02 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

GunLvr

That hurts...  All shall be remembered and may they rest in peace...  To the worthless fucks that caused such pain...  all you have done is show the world what cowards you truly are to do such a dispicable act...  Burn in hell   To those who gave their lives and who serve our country to root out evil...  thank you and Godspeed.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:05:43 PM EDT
[#31]

Another tribute
media.putfile.com/9-11-01

And dont forget about this guy
www.indieking.com/E55.html

The day after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, Steve Buscemi, who worked as a firefighter from 1980-1984, showed up at his old fire station, Engine Company No. 55 in the Little Italy section of New York.

For the next week he worked 12-hour shifts, digging through the rubble trying to find the bodies of missing firefighters, all the while refusing to do interviews or have his picture taken.

"It was a privilege to be able to do it," the 45-year-old actor said. "It was great to connect with the firehouse I used to work with and with some of the guys I worked alongside. And it was enormously helpful for me because while I was working, I didn't really think about it as much, feel it as much.

"It wasn't until I stopped that I really felt the full impact of what had happened. It would have been much harder for me to get through it if I hadn't been able to do that."

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top