BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 20
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:02:49 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have a question for those that think every cop down in NO is a traitor.

If you were an LEO and were sent or worked in the NO area. You were given orders to go and help secure the city. You have heard the reports of all the looters and armed gangs roaming the streets shooting at targets of opportunity.

You then come upon some people with a gun, would you confiscate the gun, or let them go on their way? Now remember, there may be no way to determine if the idividual with the gun is the legal owner, or is even supposed to own a gun in the first place.

there is a world of diffeence between disarming people you find open carrying on the street Vs going door to door, breaking into houses o the pretext of searching for survivors and taking the lawfuly possessed firearms of those you find in their own homes.

Right now the cops are going door to door with pry bars and battering rams, searching homes and disarming homeowners.

I was passing through the TV room at work, was on CNN.

They had a NO resident saying that if they came to his house to take him or his guns there would be gun fire.....

Tough talk, wonder if he will do it?  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:03:29 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

If you were an LEO and were sent or worked in the NO area. You were given orders to go and help secure the city. You have heard the reports of all the looters and armed gangs roaming the streets shooting at targets of opportunity.

You then come upon some people with a gun, would you confiscate the gun, or let them go on their way? Now remember, there may be no way to determine if the idividual with the gun is the legal owner, or is even supposed to own a gun in the first place.

Oh, it's far better for the LEO to ASSUME you are a criminal, and take your weapon. I mean, God forbid he actually look for people in the commision of a crime. The 2nd isn't a part time guarantee. Period.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:03:58 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Now remember, there may be no way to determine if the idividual with the gun is the legal owner, or is even supposed to own a gun in the first place.

Sure there is.

Grandma sitting in a house that matches the address on her driver licens doesn't need to have her revolver pried out of her hands.

You don't need to kick in people's doors and disarm them.

As for people walking aroudn outside ... is open carry legal in LA?

You forget to add, the piece of shit LEO tackled the old lady to the ground to disarm her.

I would have like to see that fat bastard try that with me

ETA from an earlier post:

Posted by dablues

September 8, 2005
New Orleans Begins Confiscating Firearms as Water Recedes
By ALEX BERENSON and TIMOTHY WILLIAMS

NEW ORLEANS, Sept. 8 - Waters were receding across this flood-beaten city today as police officers began confiscating weapons, including legally registered firearms, from civilians in preparation for a mass forced evacuation of the residents still living here.

Just read that and let it sink in for a minute.  It really is distubing to say the least
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:04:22 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

If you have a brain you can probably work out the difference between a family defending their home vs a thug roaming around armed looting and shooting cops.  I agree that cops have a right to protect themselves during the encounter and secure arms.  Stealing arms because you can't tell if they were stolen or not turns the whole system on it's head and is crossing THE line.  If I caught wind that that's what the police intended to do when they 'encountered' me, my understanding and cooperation are gone.  

I'm not the least bit unclear on what my response would be.  I just made a mental commitment last night.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:04:26 AM EDT
[#5]

forced removal of residents from their homes to camps, and confiscation of weapons. Sounds allot like Nazi Germany.

Exactly.

Its a bad sign when those who took a oath to uphold the constitution just toss it aside and trample over your right's(2 AMEND) .

I already write to my Rep(s) in congress last night. I suggest others do also to prevent this from happening again.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:06:08 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Inside their own homes gunnut.  We're not talking about walking down the street here,
these guys are busting down locked doors and disarming people inside their own homes.

Any NG or LEO that does this is a criminal and traitor to the Constitution of the United States.  Period.

And it's a real shame that we've spent so much time trying to do right by the soldiers of this country,
and now we see that they will NEVER do right by us.   And now every thread where I've seen
"LEO bashing" on this site doesn't seem so out of line.

It certainly seems at the moment that all hope is lost.  

When the smoke clears from this we will have exactly ONE opportunity to make changes,
given that we have seen in action what will happen next time.   Write your legislators
and DEMAND heads roll over this, or next time it will be us.

It very well may be us anyway, but don't give up without a fight.

Talk of arming and taking a convoy to NO sounds good, but it would be pointless.

As flawed as it is, we have to work inside our system to prevent this in the future, but it
will take EVERY ONE OF US.

We should all hang together, or we most certainly will hang separately has never had
a clearer ring of truth.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:07:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:08:14 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Well, they are throwing people out of thier houses down in NO, so gun confiscations can't be that far behind.

It's for the public good

So who is this 'public' they keep speaking of?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:08:27 AM EDT
[#9]
I always thought the the LEO/NG are only doing what is ordered to them. So for anyone that throws the word kill or alike to the LEO/NG I'm saddened by that. Never do that. The LEO/NG (which I was an NG from 1979-1985) should be HONORED for what they do for us. Everyday........
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:09:19 AM EDT
[#10]
When "they" come to my house I sure hope that they can read before they enter.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:09:45 AM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:09:54 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I always thought the the LEO/NG are only doing what is ordered to them. So for anyone that throws the word kill or alike to the LEO/NG I'm saddened by that. Never do that. The LEO/NG (which I was an NG from 1979-1985) should be HONORED for what they do for us. Everyday........

yup, including breaking the supreme law of the land
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:11:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:11:30 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

forced removal of residents from their homes to camps, and confiscation of weapons. Sounds allot like Nazi Germany.

Exactly.

Its a bad sign when those who took a oath to uphold the constitution just toss it aside and trample over your right's(2 AMEND) .

I already write to my Rep(s) in congress last night. I suggest others do also to prevent this from happening again.

Not exactly, and making that statement lowers our collective credibility.  They are not being removed becuase the Governor wants them exterminated.   The motives behind what they are doing may be somewhat good, the execution is so offensive that the motives are utterly lost in it.  This is disgusting, and no matter what they feel they have the right to do, THIS door kicking, gun stealing, forced evec was NOT the way to go about it.

This is a black day and a huge black eye for the US and those we placed trust in to never carry out such acts.  It's not NAZI germany though.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:12:11 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well, they are throwing people out of thier houses down in NO, so gun confiscations can't be that far behind.

It's for the public good

So who is this 'public' they keep speaking of?

The 'public' is a large group of individuals who are being shit upon.

See, if you shit on everyone individually, it is good for the group as a whole.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:12:54 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

The SS said they were "just doing their job.." too.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:13:38 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

And it's a real shame that we've spent so much time trying to do right by the soldiers of this country,
and now we see that they will NEVER do right by us.   And now every thread where I've seen

Did you really think it would be different?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:15:31 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

. The LEO/NG (which I was an NG from 1979-1985) should be HONORED for what they do for us. Everyday........

They should be HONORED for violating the Constitution?  For disarming law abiding citizens?   For leaving those citizens to be victimized by the looters and rapists?

If these people should be HONORED, I want to throw up.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:17:08 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Open carry states in the US
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:18:26 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

. The LEO/NG (which I was an NG from 1979-1985) should be HONORED for what they do for us. Everyday........

They should be HONORED for violating the Constitution?  For disarming law abiding citizens?   For leaving those citizens to be victimized by the looters and rapists?

If these people should be HONORED, I want to throw up.

These LEO/NG gave up any honor they may have earned when they turned their backs on the people they swore to serve and protect and the laws they swore to uphold. These LEO/NG are the enemy.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:18:47 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

The LAW is no longer applicable in NOLA  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:20:03 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

If the LEO's are removing the homeowners, and there are guns in the house, what should they do with the guns when the people are being removed? Should they just leave the guns in the home?

If the property is abandoned then fine, pick them up and tag them with the address that they were found.
Leave a note saying that the weapons are in the local armory and stop by to pick them up. (bring photo ID)
If the residence is occupied, check ID to make sure they are not squatters and then move along.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:21:30 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I always thought the the LEO/NG are only doing what is ordered to them.

Didn't work in Nuremburg.  Shouldn't work in AMERICA FOR PETE'S SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:22:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:23:10 AM EDT
[#26]
A precedent is being set.  Guns will be confiscated during every future emergency and the politicians and news media will say - "it's okay, they've done it before, during Hurricane Katrina."  Everyone either protest loudly now or be prepared for this to happen to you.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:24:03 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

A precedent is being set.  Guns will be confiscated during every future emergency and the politicians and news media will say - "it's okay, they've done it before, during Hurricane Katrina."  Everyone either protest loudly now or be prepared for this to happen to you.  

Yes, it will be SOP   -  "we can't conduct rescue when citizens have guns.  Katrina taught us that"
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:24:05 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you really think it would be different?

Yeah, for a minute there I actually did.....  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:24:33 AM EDT
[#29]
I just watched this video.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_effects_of_Hurricane_Katrina

this shit is unbelieveable.

everyone always wondered if police/military would confiscate guns in america.... well here is your answer. America is done. There is no legal precedent for them to do this, it violates the 2nd amendment and the Louisiana constitution.

NYPD is sending volunteers down there (well not volunteers in the sense they're not getting paid, they are getting paid, and alot of overtime, but its a voluntary detail). I was considering going. I will not be going now, I dont want any part of this, even tho NYPD will most likely not be used in this way, I just dont want to be near it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:27:42 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Please...."I was just following orders" doesn't excuse their crime.   A thief in a NG uniform is still a thief, and deserves only contempt, not honor.

The sad thing is that this reflects poorly on the organization (US Army, NG, LEOs, etc.) as a whole.     If those organizations (not individuals within those organizations) do not do anything about it or come out and say "This is wrong", then perhaps it should.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:29:06 AM EDT
[#31]
(referring to JeffersonDarcy)  Good, one LEO with integrety, I didn't think there were any left.

Any more LEO's willing to step up and do the same?

Come on, speak up.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:29:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Does anyone have a link to that video that ISN'T .avi?  Media Player doesn't play it and can't download the codec.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:30:11 AM EDT
[#33]
In Before the Fascism Apologists...........

This shit is fucking sick...........state of emergency or not - this is morally reprehensible. Anyone who is kicking in the doors of howeowners and confiscating their guns needs a boot to the face. New Orleans just said "Fuck the Fourth Amendment and piss on the Second". Hopefully, the bitch Governor and crackhead Mayor burn in hell for their actions.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:30:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Ok so tell me this,  Sometime today I'm supposed to get a go/no go for a flight out tommorrow on a security team.  Officially sanctioned, carrying weapons.  Are they gonna F&*^ with me and the team? or what?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:30:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:31:28 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Does anyone have a link to that video that ISN'T .avi?  Media Player doesn't play it and can't download the codec.

google divx and download it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:32:14 AM EDT
[#37]
So much for everyone saying they will claim they lost their guns in the water.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:32:36 AM EDT
[#38]
According to This Thread, this thread is nothing more than a bunch of LEO bashing.

It is sad when people get so defensive that they can't see corruption when it's right in front of them.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:33:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Have we seen them taking guns from Non-Whites yet?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:36:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:38:34 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

this shit is unbelieveable.

everyone always wondered if police/military would confiscate guns in america.... well here is your answer. America is done. There is no legal precedent for them to do this, it violates the 2nd amendment and the Louisiana constitution.

NYPD is sending volunteers down there (well not volunteers in the sense they're not getting paid, they are getting paid, and alot of overtime, but its a voluntary detail). I was considering going. I will not be going now, I dont want any part of this, even tho NYPD will most likely not be used in this way, I just dont want to be near it.

It's good to know who the good-guys are.  Glad to hear you won't participate in this.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:39:06 AM EDT
[#42]
When they come for your guns, bomb them with water baloons full of flood-water.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:39:27 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
OK, so people on the street are different then people defending their homes.

I was under the impression that the Mayor had ordered the forced evacuation of the city. So the the LEO's are going around removing the people from their homes. We can debate this part later.

If the LEO's are removing the homeowners, and there are guns in the house, what should they do with the guns when the people are being removed? Should they just leave the guns in the home?

If the citizens agree to leave peaceably are they allowed to take their firearms  with them just like  any other personal possession? If not, I  do not understand why and this then starts to get out of hand.  Then again these people had a chance to leave before the hurricane and take what gear they could load up in a timely fashion and they would not be in this predicament now.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:40:33 AM EDT
[#44]
I started drafting an e-mail to my Congressman but I realized I need help.  Please add your comments:  

I just read in the New York Times that law enforcement officials are confiscating lawfully owned weapons from law-abiding citizens in New Orleans on the grounds that there is an "emergency."  An "emergency" is exactly the right time for law-abiding citizens to keep and bear their lawfully owned guns.  I'm obviously not saying that the police should not disarm someone who is using a gun in an illegal manner but according to reports from New Orleans, police officers are literally using crowbars to break into homes and take the guns of law-abiding citizens.  This is something that would make Hitler and Stalin proud but makes me ashamed to see in the United States.  This is a clear violation of the Second Amendment of the US Constitution and the Article I, Section 18 of the Louisiana Constitution.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:40:57 AM EDT
[#45]
I think it would be wise to have contingency plans for any possible scenario when formulating your bugout or bugin plans.  You might not want to get too complacent  just because you are bugged in with generator, food, water, guns and ammo, just to have government authorities consficate your only means of self-defense.  You may have to make a decision that bugging out would be more benefical to your family's health and safety.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:43:12 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I sent an email to my Congressman last night.

Congressman Coble,

Well, I know Coble got at least 2 emails about this then
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:43:34 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Anyone know of any good patriot discussion forums, where you can call a spade a spade?

dittmantechnologies.com/temppics/brick-small.jpg

Yup.  The very same forums that people around here like to ridicule all the time.  Namely, assweb and frugals.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:43:49 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
OK, so people on the street are different then people defending their homes.

I was under the impression that the Mayor had ordered the forced evacuation of the city. So the the LEO's are going around removing the people from their homes. We can debate this part later.

If the citizens agree to leave peaceably are they allowed to take their firearms  with them just like  any other personal possession? If not, I  do not understand why and this then starts to get out of hand.  Then again these people had a chance to leave before the hurricane and take what gear they could load up in a timely fashion and they would not be in this predicament now.

That's not a reasonable statement.  I would have left when they started tossing out "Marshal Law" but keep in mind they were also not letting people leave for some time.  You got in line with the cattle and waited for a bus or you went back.  If my house was dry, I might well prefer to stay there than some animal pen in a fucking sports comoplex too.  Even if it ment I had to be prepared to defend it.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:44:35 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

What video?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:45:38 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I posted this in another thread...

you know, our fore-fathers would tear down and destroy the houses of the local governors/tax collectors etc whenever they enforced a oppressive mandate of the King.

can you just imagine if a mob of Patriots physically torn down the house of a elected official?

Now I would watch that for sure (or join in, what ever comes first)

Now, where is my Native Indian make-up kit?  

Buncha rowdy fuckers. I like it.

I can see what the city is doing. They are treating the whole city as a toxic waste site. Everybody out.

Just the same, it sets a bad precident. It would appear that there is no such thing as legal protection from the state, on any level. Nor is there any legal recourse.

NEW ORLEANS CLOSED FOR CLEANING - the management

Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top