Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:24:20 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I thought only HK94's had the long barrel?

They are HK 94s, they will BECOME HK MP5s.

Then your title was misleading...

Imagine that around here...

But the content of the post AND the picture made it obvious.

Gotta read.

And TECHNICALLY they are MP5s because I already own the sears. I just finally got the host guns.

The fact is not as many ppl. would have checked out your post if you said you scored some HK94s, and if you want to get techincal, no, you do not have an MP5. You have a sear gun...different thing...

Then NOBODY has a MP5.

All the "transferrable" MP5 are ALL HK94 registered sear or registered receiver conversions.

There are NO pre 68 transferrable MP5s.

Exactly...that was my point. HK made MP5s, these are sears or conversion jobs...
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:25:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
That's what I was looking for!

www.brasscatchers.com/pics/311.jpg

So you had this model, and it was junk?

I wouldn't exactily call it junk...I mean, it DID fit very well, it DID stay on, it DID look awefully nice.

It just isn't exactily designed or meant to be..you know, shot

It probably would be just fine if you don't go through 2-3 mags in a string like I do, and then let it cool down for a bit...part of the thing is that it distances your hand from the slim grip (mine has the slim foregrip) so you don't feel the heat when you shoot a lot...so going through 3-4-5 mags in a string is suddenly possible because, well, you don't feel the heat.

Problem is, that much heat...it'll start to melt the plastic around the muzzle area of the barrel.

I'm not saying don't buy one...just saying that if you DO get one, understand it's limitations. It does look real sweet. One guy thought I had a real can on it, last time I took it out with that shroud on it..the 16" barrel + 9mm = pretty damn quiet for a centerfire cartridge. Probably still need to wear ears, but it's not very loud at all.

Hell, I'd need to buy an HK94 or a clone before I even consider buying the shroud .

Is the actual fake suppressor some sort of metal with the rear shroud a cheapo plastic?

They are plastic.

If you want the SD look just do the real thing.

You can still legally make a semi auto SD, two stamps.

One for the SBR and one for the suppressor. Not as expensive as a sear gun by a long shot.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:26:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I thought only HK94's had the long barrel?

They are HK 94s, they will BECOME HK MP5s.

Then your title was misleading...

Imagine that around here...

But the content of the post AND the picture made it obvious.

Gotta read.

And TECHNICALLY they are MP5s because I already own the sears. I just finally got the host guns.

The fact is not as many ppl. would have checked out your post if you said you scored some HK94s, and if you want to get techincal, no, you do not have an MP5. You have a sear gun...different thing...

Then NOBODY has a MP5.

All the "transferrable" MP5 are ALL HK94 registered sear or registered receiver conversions.

There are NO pre 68 transferrable MP5s.

Exactly...that was my point. HK made MP5s, these are sears or conversion jobs...

I could have a factory made MP5 for about $950 but don't feel like renting it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:27:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought one might be inclined to show off a pic of a registered HK sear stash, thats all.

Reckon alot of folks round here might be interested in seeing that as well, seein how many like HK SMGs and all and then you got the lack of good pics (like you take and post of other things) of reg HK conversion parts. I bet ole HKPRO might post em in his reference section as well.

When you get a chance do the NFA/HK community a favor and show off your stash, whatcha say ?

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:29:52 PM EDT
[#5]
HIJACK!!  www.hkpro.com/pdw.htm

did they ever make the mp7? never seen anyone carrying one

do you have a pic of your complete hk collection?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:30:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I thought one might be inclined to show off a pic of a registered HK sear stash, thats all.

Reckon alot of folks round here might be interested in seeing that as well, seein how many like HK SMGs and all and then you got the lack of good pics (like you take and post of other things) of reg HK conversion parts. I bet ole HKPRO might post em in his reference section as well.

When you get a chance do the NFA/HK community a favor and show off your stash, whatcha say ?

Trust me the boys at HKPro have seen almost all of my shit.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:30:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hell, I'd need to buy an HK94 or a clone before I even consider buying the shroud .

Is the actual fake suppressor some sort of metal with the rear shroud a cheapo plastic?

Nope, the whole thing's plastic. No metal involved anywhere. Their other shrouds are all metal. This one, in theory, doesn't really ever touch the barrel...but the muzzle opening at the end is very close to the muzzle of the barrel...so, it kinda melts a bit.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:32:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice 'bines.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:33:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, the whole thing's plastic. No metal involved anywhere. Their other shrouds are all metal. This one, in theory, doesn't really ever touch the barrel...but the muzzle opening at the end is very close to the muzzle of the barrel...so, it kinda melts a bit.

Man, that sucks....you'd think they could at least make the shroud metal
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:35:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Jessica Biel used one in "Stealth".  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:40:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jessica Biel used one in "Stealth".  

pics pics pics
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:48:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh I see.

So you are not going to post anything here in that case ?

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:50:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I hate you.

+1.

Hope the next hurricane.......
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:44:14 PM EDT
[#14]
You  suck!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:01:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Drool...fucker!

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:12:20 PM EDT
[#16]
I just want one to SBR. You suck, Steyr.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:19:26 PM EDT
[#17]
You don't need 2!!! I don't even have one. I want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GRRR!!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:40:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh I see.

Here's a few...

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:13:35 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh I see.

Here's a few...

photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=1729&iGalleryUnq=419&iImageUnq=28725

How do you like the HK-53?

If I had some dough I'd go for a Vector Arms semi-auto edition.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:17:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Never mind.

There are so few quality pics of sears and sear packs on the net I thought a fellow who is fortunate/blessed to have surplus sears "stashed away" to convert HK94s to MP5s at will, in addition, according to your thread title, has other MP5's might wish to contribute for the sake of others.

But in it's stead, I'll be happy with a nice pic of clones.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:06:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Never mind.

There are so few quality pics of sears and sear packs on the net I thought a fellow who is fortunate/blessed to have surplus sears "stashed away" to convert HK94s to MP5s at will, in addition, according to your thread title, has other MP5's might wish to contribute for the sake of others.

??? Uh plenty of detailed pics of all variety of sears on the Vollmer website.

And those ain't clones, unless you consider the FMP a "clone."
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:27:05 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Man, that sucks....you'd think they could at least make the shroud metal

you could probabley cut out the front hole and instert some sort of metal  metal tube around the barrel for a heat shield/sink
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:19:18 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Never mind.

??? Uh plenty of detailed pics of all variety of sears on the Vollmer website.
And those ain't clones, unless you consider the FMP a "clone."

Isnt that a:

SW5
V53
V93
Looks like an RTDS 21 conversion
FMP - Isnt that Protech parts build ?
Looks like a PTR ?

Those aint clones ????????

It is harder to tell the way you have each sling concealing identifying features.

Perhaps you may of over extended a bit when you posted "two more MP5 for your collection and about stashed away sears ?"

Come on man...........
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:42:45 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
couple of questions,is it's 9mm?? and has semi/burst/auto??

9mm.

And the registered packs I have are standard S-E-F config.

thanks can you get .45 mp5's ?

No such animal.

HK made a few prototypes, and did produce .40 and 10mm versions, but went with the UMP instead of going into production with a MP545.

Our county sheriff has several MP5-40s (40 S&W MP5). There are also MP5-10s (10mm) but HK went to the polymer setup (UMP-9/45) afterwards.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:22:50 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
How about leaving 'em as-is?

Reason being, real HK94's aren't exactily growing on trees, and the number of them in original configuration/able to be transferred as a Title I weapon are shrinking, because people pony the money up for one and then have it re-barreled with a 3-lug, turning it into an SBR...

I love my HK94 and I've considered re-barreling with a 3 lug and having a fake supressor tacked onto it for legality...but I don't like the thought of totally dorking it up, especially when, honestly, it doesn't need it. The barrel's gotta be 16" regardless...

Admittidly, I don't have any sears (illegal here, unless someone made some that qualify for C&R ), so I don't have that temptation.

Took your advice and decided to keep one of them as a semi auto. Reconfiged it as a HK94A3.

I'm digging it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:31:01 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Isnt that a:

SW5
V53
V93
Looks like an RTDS 21 conversion
FMP - Isnt that Protech parts build ?
Looks like a PTR ?

Those aint clones ????????

It is harder to tell the way you have each sling concealing identifying features.

Perhaps you may of over extended a bit when you posted "two more MP5 for your collection and about stashed away sears ?"

Come on man...........

Uh no. The 21 technically ain't a true 21 as it is a early 80s Vollmer 91 to 21 build. But it is all factory German and a pre89 import.

The FMP is a real FMP (Hellenic Arms) Import, not a build.

Here's pic of the 93 when I had a side fold on it.

Clearly NOT a Vector Gun.

And there are NO PTRs in my collection. And Special Widgets?!?

Now you are just screwing with me.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:36:37 AM EDT
[#27]

Thanks for the follow up. A couple questions

1) You have a buffered carrier in a HK93 from the factory ?

2) Are you sure that is 9mm is a factory HK carbine ?

3) Is that a factory pictogram grip on your HK53 ?

4) Why use a buffered over the factory HK53 bolt carrier ?

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:51:53 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Thanks for the follow up. A couple questions

1) You have a buffered carrier in a HK93 from the factory ?

2) Are you sure that is 9mm is a factory HK carbine ?

3) Is that a factory pictogram grip on your HK53 ?

4) Why use a buffered over the factory HK53 bolt carrier ?

Thanks again.

1. I have a few 93s and one 33. The 93 in the last picture does have a buffered carrier if memory serves.

2. Yeah, I'm pretty sure. Now it could be one of those early "German Marked" SW5s that you hear about but according to Todd those are "super rare" and better than the Germun Origunals.

3. The picto lower housing on the 53 is NOT factory. Top Notch picto lower, you can tell by the fact that the selector is not correct for a picto lower. Factory picto lowers are a PITA to configure as a clip and pin semi lower. So when I don't have a "happy pack in it" (which is in the 33 next to it - a plastic 3 position) I have a Top Notch semi faux picto housing. One day I'll get a correct semi picto but it's low on my priority list.

4. ?!? Many HK .223 bolt carriers are buffered. The ONLY factory .223 carrier I have that ISN'T buffered is a 1983 import HK93. You can tell them by the collared buttstocks. As for the 53 specifically, all HK53s that are transferable began life as a 93 and were cut down to 53 specs. So depending upon which HK .223 carrier you had in the 93, that is the one that will be in the 53 after you have the carrier welded up (if configed for select fire).
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:55:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Guess I am how do yall call around here OWNED!

Nice collection though !!!

The MP5 w/ the suppressor, is it me, or is the sling clip on the mag well missing ?

Do you know if factory MP5 rear sights have numbers which are yellowed in under the howdyacall them diopters ?  

Keep up the great pics (blinkin little smiley face dude inserted here)
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:03:19 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Guess I am how do yall call around here OWNED!

Nice collection though !!!

The MP5 w/ the suppressor, is it me, or is the sling clip on the mag well missing ?

Do you know if factory MP5 rear sights have numbers which are yellowed in under the howdyacall them diopters ?  

Keep up the great pics (blinkin little smiley face dude inserted here)

Also here is another one of my 91s and I can guarantee all factory.

More Stuff From The SteyrAUG Gunsafe...

Regarding the MP5 the sling clip has been removed. This was my "race gun" and I had a few incidents of slicing my thumb on the damn thing during mag changes so it had to go. And I also installed a G3 drum sight because I prefer the V notch sight picture to the block notch usually found on most MP5s and some 94s.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:05:08 PM EDT
[#31]
What an asshole.

Today on lunch break at the gun store, I find a USP compact in .45 for $529. Talk them down to $499. 4:45: Come home. Really excited. Clean the gun. Really proud of myself. Log onto AR15.com. Pumped to go shooting tomorrow.

Read this thread.

Look at my usp. It's not that cool.

Really pissed. None of my guns are that cool.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:14:52 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Regarding the MP5 the sling clip has been removed. This was my "race gun" and I had a few incidents of slicing my thumb on the damn thing during mag changes so it had to go. And I also installed a G3 drum sight because I prefer the V notch sight picture to the block notch usually found on most MP5s and some 94s.

There you have it.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:26:08 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Damn you. I would be happy with just one good clone....much less 2 genuine ones......

+1
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:28:04 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh I see.

Here's a few...

photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=1729&iGalleryUnq=419&iImageUnq=28725

That never happens to me...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top