Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:33:42 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
No.

Its basically none of your business.

yes it is.

his neighbors actions are causing his house to go down in value.

Where does it say you have the right to have appreciating home value?

Your rights do not supercede your neighbors, comrade.

Thats true. Its all about respect. Some scumbags have no for themselves or their neighbors. I keeo my yard looking nice because thats how I like it, that and it reflects on the type of person I am. A scummy yard reflects a scummy owner.

I also think opf my neighbors and want to keep the value of my house and theirs up. I dont want to live in a ghetto so I do my best to make it not look like one.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:36:09 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Not true, when appraising a property, uncut grass and weeds of a neighbor are insignificant.

Maybe not the appraisers numbers but it certainly relfects on the sale of the house. Well for people that care about what type of neighborhood they will be moving into and the future value of their new investment. I turned down lots of good deals on homes because the peopel in the newighborhoods looked like trash. Well their yards did and that always relfects pretty accurately on the scumbag who owns the property. I dont even rememebr how many homes I turned down just because of the surroudings. I wouldnt buy the houses for about any price because of the scumbags.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:34:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Look at the "little south vietnam" I have to look at just over my fence everyday.

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=41039

Dude, are you freaking kidding me? You're getting pissed over vegetation on the other side of the fence? Geez.

Ditto, +1, what he said.  This side of the fence looks like crap.  I like the green stuff.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:43:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I can't believe how many people are saying it's not your concern. They must be the types that have yards that look like shit. When you drive down a street where every yard looks nice it look great, like a nice place to live, drive down a street where a bunch of peoples yards are shit holes, it seems like a crime ridden ghetto even if it actually isn't.

I judge people by the way their house looks, if I drive by a house that looks like shit like you describe, I automatically think "What a bunch of scum bag losers". For that reason, I take pride in the way my house and yard look and I expect others to do the same.

I'd be calling the city, I'm sure there are laws to combat this with, and I'd keep calling them until the situation changes.

Yes, you certainly do judge people. You must be a city turd.

Out in the country, where I live, we take pride in our homes but we don't dictate what our neighbors do, or care if they don't live exactly like we do. My neighbor has a bunch of junky cars behind his garage. Doesn't bother me, and he doesn't complain about my shooting range.

Stay in the city, where people like to finger fuck each other over nothing. The country doesn't need your mindset. Humanity doesn't need your mindset.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:39:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
one word.......

napalm

I used to fly A4's for a reserve squadron in South Weymouth, MA. The woman who owned the property at the approach end of our runway had a couple trees that got so tall they were a threat during landings in bad weather. She wouldn't let us trim them, so we all started dumping a little fuel whenever we flew over. When I left the squadron, the trees and her grass had died, and the shingles on her house were curling and falling apart.

Not something I'm particularly proud of as I look back on it, but I guess it was better than hitting a tree with a jet.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:51:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I would be bent if that was my neighbor...then again the HOA would deal with the guy long before I got my panties in a wad.
HOA's can be a pain but they help your community keep it's value high.  There is always some idiots that wont cut the yard or take the trash out or whatever....
I got a letter from the HOA the week I moved into my house re: a dead tree.  I was gonna be mad about it, however I had already contacted the yard service about having it removed. So I figured we were on the same page.
FWIW I mow my yard about twice every 8 days.  
I used to have a lawn service do it, but I didn't like the work they did not to mention it gets me away from the wife
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:52:45 PM EDT
[#7]
All this over how high the grass is?!?

Geeze you guys need some REAL problems to keep you occupied.

I would think a shitty yard would make YOUR yard look better.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:15:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

My neighbor mows his lawn at least twice a week, has built in sprinklers which turn on at 5:AM every morning, and again later in the day.

His yard looks like a golf course...and mine....looks like ordinary grass that gets mowed at best 1/3 as often as his.

And his constant watering and fertilizing causes the grass on that side of my property to grow about five times faster than the rest, so I must either mow that section more often or deal with foot deep grass.

While I don't want a slob next door, someone who has a hobby other than "yardwork" would be a nice change.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:19:31 AM EDT
[#9]
No.

The dumbasses that live beside me (renters) mow their yard once a month.  Blows grass into my yard, doesn't rake up the huge piles of dead grass, etc.

I don't give a fuck.  I throw the grass back into his yard.

Dumbass has had a kiddie pool in their front yard since May.  Instead of letting the air out of it, folding it up, and storing it until next summer, they just move it around so they can mow.  It has left big brown splotches all over their yard.  I think it's piled up under a tree right now.

Their charcoal grill has been used once or twice this summer.  Been sitting on the sidewalk for at least a month.

It's their yard.  I'm sure the guy who owns the place just loves it though.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:33:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My neighbor mows his lawn at least twice a week, has built in sprinklers which turn on at 5:AM every morning, and again later in the day.

His yard looks like a golf course...and mine....looks like ordinary grass that gets mowed at best 1/3 as often as his.

And his constant watering and fertilizing causes the grass on that side of my property to grow about five times faster than the rest, so I must either mow that section more often or deal with foot deep grass.

While I don't want a slob next door, someone who has a hobby other than "yardwork" would be a nice change.

Are you talking about me??Do I live next to you
Ohh never mind I only water once a day
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:08:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:24:28 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I had a neighbor like that. We called him "Lawnboy". He actually got out and measured his lawn with a ruler several times a week. The standing joke was that he went out at night and jerked off on the lawn to make it grow faster so he could mow again. I swear he mowed like 3 times a week.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top