BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:55:14 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Well it all boils down to the fact that it is illegal. Nuff said. If you don't like the law then change it. If you are gonna disregard those laws the why don't  you have an unregistered automatic rifle?

Now who would ever do that ?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:58:25 PM EDT
[#2]
OK, you guys have taught me a lesson. I'll never ever ever download any music ever again. And on the way home from work today, I'm going to obey the speed limit all the way home. In fact I may even go a littler slower just to be sure.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:58:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is the difference between looting and stealing movies and music off the intarweb?

Well, for one thing, if I steal your beer, you have one less beer.  If I "steal" your song, you still have your song.  I wasn't going to buy it anyway, so you're not out a damn thing.

That's one difference, anyway.

Exactly ... that is why copyright infringement is not the same as "theft" and "stealing".

They're both illegal, but different crimes.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:05:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's copyright infringement, not stealing.

What is the difference?

Yes I am really asking.  Both are taking money from someone right?

How is making  copy of a CD that my friend bought taking money from someone?

If you HONESTLY have to ask, you're truly hopeless......

It's still theft, because YOU should have gone out and PAID FORYOUR OWN CD...  

Is it THAT hard to comprehend ?

Seems pretty clear to me......  But I guess when you can justify it to yourself, because YOU want something and don't feel like YOU should have to PAY for it, it therefore becomes ok, right ?

You sound just like a fucking liberal..... I'm not gonna pay because "the man" makes enough money already.

I bet your parents are proud  

Can you answer the question I asked, or just call names?

"How is making copy of a CD that my friend bought taking money from someone?"

Because if you want the cd, BUY it.......  Is that so hard to understand ?

I guess by your standards, it's ok to pirate games/programs/whatever for your computer, because you never had any intention of paying for them ANYWAYS, and "nobody lost any money" either ??

I'm not endorsing those activities or saying they're right.

I was producing examples for the guy to make the distinction between copyright crimes and stealing real property or money.

Show me where I said it was "OK".

I'll agree that it's probably wrong, but NOWHERE near the same as stealing money  or real tangible property.

You're awfully "high and mighty" for someone who admits to engaging in copyright infringement crime.

Quoted:

I've downloaded a couple songs before too..... Not very many though, as I'm not big into music anyway, but I freely admit it......  BUT.... the few I did grab, and liked, I went out and actually PAID for the cd, because I liked them enough to keep. The rest of the junk got deleted because I simply didn't like it....

Even if you went out and bought the albums you liked, you're still guilty of copyright infringment. If you go to a store, they don't let you take a copy of the CD home for a few days to see if you like it before buying.

By your standards what you did is the equivalent of stealing a car from the dealership, taking it for a few days test ride, then bringing it back in and buying it if you liked it, or just bringing it back and doing nothing if you didn't like it.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:34:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Why don't you Google this topic, read some of the many THOUSANDS of articles and other works on the subject, even read some of the copyright act, and then come back and, maybe, engage in some intelligent discourse.  

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:37:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's copyright infringement, not stealing.

What is the difference?

Yes I am really asking.  Both are taking money from someone right?

How is making  copy of a CD that my friend bought taking money from someone?

If you HONESTLY have to ask, you're truly hopeless......

It's still theft, because YOU should have gone out and PAID FORYOUR OWN CD...  

Is it THAT hard to comprehend ?

Seems pretty clear to me......  But I guess when you can justify it to yourself, because YOU want something and don't feel like YOU should have to PAY for it, it therefore becomes ok, right ?

You sound just like a fucking liberal..... I'm not gonna pay because "the man" makes enough money already.

I bet your parents are proud  

Can you answer the question I asked, or just call names?

"How is making copy of a CD that my friend bought taking money from someone?"

Because if you want the cd, BUY it.......  Is that so hard to understand ?

I guess by your standards, it's ok to pirate games/programs/whatever for your computer, because you never had any intention of paying for them ANYWAYS, and "nobody lost any money" either ??

I'm not endorsing those activities or saying they're right.

I was producing examples for the guy to make the distinction between copyright crimes and stealing real property or money.

Show me where I said it was "OK".

I'll agree that it's probably wrong, but NOWHERE near the same as stealing money  or real tangible property.

You're awfully "high and mighty" for someone who admits to engaging in copyright infringement crime.

Quoted:

I've downloaded a couple songs before too..... Not very many though, as I'm not big into music anyway, but I freely admit it......  BUT.... the few I did grab, and liked, I went out and actually PAID for the cd, because I liked them enough to keep. The rest of the junk got deleted because I simply didn't like it....

Even if you went out and bought the albums you liked, you're still guilty of copyright infringment. If you go to a store, they don't let you take a copy of the CD home for a few days to see if you like it before buying.

By your standards what you did is the equivalent of stealing a car from the dealership, taking it for a few days test ride, then bringing it back in and buying it if you liked it, or just bringing it back and doing nothing if you didn't like it.

EPOCH j/k
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top