Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:38:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dude,

you need to represent

If you listen to stupid like this, then you deserve to get cut.  I don't care what anyone says,  A confontation avoided is a confrontation wonsomeone else will eventually have to deal with.

Edited to take out an insult that he deserved.....

Not getting into a confrontation was smart.
Not doing something about this asshat was not.

You need a pistol. Having a pistol would have really opened up the possibilities to do something about the situation.
MOST important, would be that you wouldn't feel as if you had to immediately leave the scene for fear that if a verbal confrontation quickly turned into a "knife fight", you would be in a really bad situation.

I'm not going to second guess you too much here. I wasn't there, and I've had all the time in the world to think about what to do. YOU didn't.

I think you handled the situation about as well as you could have.

That being said, you will find no shortage of people here that claim nothing is worth the possibility of a confrontation. Because confrontations have the possibility of turning violent, and violence has the possibility of turning deadly, and the possibility of death means YOU COULD DIE...RUN RUN, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE...

I think people like that  POS need every opportunity to break the law and go to prison. Behaviour like that is not rational, and indicates a disturbed person. If you aren't comfortable with that, then BY ALL MEANS, don't do it!

ETA: this is what I really like about the new "law" or clarification of it - in florida, saying that you can stand your ground and let an idiot be an idiot.

I do have a pistol...hell, I've got 2, but I work for the .gov and can't even have it in my car when I go to work (which is perfectly legal in MO, loaded or otherwise, unless you work on a military installation) and since I headed to my buddies immediately after work, I had no pistol with me.

This make me REALLY want to go take a class and get my CCW...I wonder if the local gun shop has any open classes for Sunday.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:42:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Has anyone around this place considered that possibly the only thing wrong with this country is that decent people spend their days avoiding conflict?

Perhaps a little conflict, well aimed, is just what this country needs.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:45:12 PM EDT
[#3]
things arent like they were 50 years ago

you can go to jail in a heart beat.  all it takes is one little mistake.

thats why i avoid confrontation like that, no need of getting hurt myself or going to jail for hurting the other guy...i dont need that hassle
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:53:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Lean out the car window, shoot a can of OC foam in his general direction, and un-ass the AO.  

Pick up replacement can on the way home.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:21:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You did the right thing, and you are 100x more mature than that idiot (and probably handled it better than most would have).

There is nothing "pussy" about walking away from a stupid and unecessary confrontation, and possibly risking injury (or criminal charges) over something as trivial as that.

Good job!

This is as far as I have gone owith this thread.

DK is 100% right.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:44:03 PM EDT
[#6]
While your story makes for poor ARFCOM reading material, I think you did the right thing.  He ain't worth a trip to the ER and a chat with the local LEO over something stupid.  Let it go.  Good job.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:07:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Would it feel more rewarding, looking back, to have knifed him to death in front of his children? Even if he deserved it?

No?

Then stop worrying about and enjoy your life.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:21:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Buy a big can of pepper spray.  Hose 'm down next time.

Short of that, you did a fine thing.  The right thing.  Good for you.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:21:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
From the description of his driving and behavior I'm inclined to think he might have been intoxicated as well.  

+1

Yep, nobody sober drives that slowly that close to their driveway.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:37:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Did he deserve a stomping ? probably
If he is that big of a asshat he will get one what comes around goes around
as said before what used to be a.........officer friendly saying " Now both you assholes go home and sleep it off" is now sit in jail for a week and mortgage the house for bail and a lawyer
Unless you are really backed into a corner it is not worth it
We are not pussies it is that the fucking legal INDUSTRY has made this country a bunch of pussies
Not afraid of a random asswipe just very afraid of losing everything to the repercussions
most dirtbags have nothing therefore they do not give 2 shits about the rule of law
what would be a end of life experience  for one of us is just a intresting week for one of them
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:43:56 PM EDT
[#11]
A few thoughts:

-He had a huge adrenalin dump (fight or flight) when you surprised him on his left (his fault of course, but still his adrenalin is flowing)
-You then "lurk" around in the immediate area of his home. He knows you know where he lives and wondering what you were subsequently going to do is what probably set him off
-You were an unknown quantity before he confronted you (potentially scarier) than coming after you straight away and finding out what is what.  The male in most wants to deal with shit NOW. F--- flight, he was "home" psychologically speaking, the only option is fight.

He is a nuts to come after you with his kids in the car, but I think a little bit of misguided parental protectiveness kicked in.

Good decision on your part. If you were bleeding out in the gutter the fact he was near his home with his kids would bolster his self-defense claim (or if you killed him...in front of his home, in front of his kids hock.gif...not good for you) and that evil martial arts knife you possessed would certainly come into evidence also. This guy would get acquitted (if he even got charged) I'd bet. Had you "won" and he was in the gutter... you're younger, bigger, away from home, no kids, going to lift weights? 'roid rage maybe? I'd ask you that if I was the prosecutor, the suggestion alone would register with the jury. You would have a very long time to contemplate the value of saving face.

Road ragin a-holes should all brandish knives. Free get out of jail card for a shooter when he drops you [not you kaizoku] with a 230 grain hydra-shok to the brain pan.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:46:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Full power shot followed by nuking him from orbit........only way to be sure.....seriously you did great, walking away when you can is always the best solution. Remember, "You can tell the size of the man by the size of what angers him", he was small, you were bigger.  Now go find a punching bag and have a good workout........it works for me.....
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:48:01 PM EDT
[#13]
What can I say that hasnt been said... you done good.. You really need pain, hospitalization or worries if charges would be pressed??

But on a side note... what the fuck is with people lately and wanting to kick other people's asses? Fucking calm down! Life is too short for that crap.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top