Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:25:28 PM EDT
[#1]
No!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:36:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've been pondering this myself, though not at my house.  I own a duplex that has one side vacant and am considering opening it up for a family for 3-6 months.  It's definitely not the Hilton, but it would be better than sharing your cot with dozens or hundreds of other people.  No refrigerator or furnishings, so someone would have to donate those.

Your thoughts?

Its a good thought man but do you think they will just leave after 3 months if you tell them to. No jobs ,no money .You would have to evict them.That would not be an easy thing to do. They will yell to the judge ,were victims. You could have them there for a long time with no income for your rental property
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:42:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
single hot coed chicks are welcome in my home...   ;)

I don't remember seeing many of those in the superdome crowd....
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:01:59 AM EDT
[#4]

He is a brave and honourable man
We here have the British spirit when it comes to hard times. We look after everyone and no one person is more important than another . We would probably have a very small amount of looters but generaly people here would want to help each other.
The WAR years showed us for our true colours
Many children were evacuated to the Countryside to escape the bombings and people took these children and families in without a second thought.
We even re-housed the prisoners after WW2 into our own society and the integration was pretty flawless
I want to see the humanity you guys are capable of
Don't even ask if it is ok to look after refugees
Just do it and expect no reward....do it because it needs doing
Not all of us are so lucky to avoid mother natures wrath

Taffy

Dude, this isn't 60 years ago. It was a different time, and different people in post war europe.. I can only guess you've seen the murder and mayhem going on in NO. Want the people doing that stuff in your house? Yeah, I know, they aren't all bad. Do you have some kind of magic formula for knowing good from bad? I don't care to take the chance with the safety of my family. Send me some plane tickets, and I'll personally drive a couple of families to the airport to come live with you. Show us how generous you are. It's easy to preach that self-righteous bullshit from a couple thousand miles away.
Now if I could help a family from the same socio-economic background as me, with a similar lifestyle and morals, I might consider it. So far, I haven't seen any people who match my criteria looking for a place to stay.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:24:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Don't make this out to be more than what it is....one of the shelters (I don't remember which one) ran a quick background check on its evacuees and 30% had police records!

I won't. I just don't believe any "background checks" were run without further proof.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:15:14 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have 2 refugees coming to my house tomorrow.  They are relatives of a friend of mine.  We made a deal that they would keep my house clean in exchange for housing and food for 2 months.  They only have the clothes on their backs, so I will also buy them some clothes.

My friend has secured jobs for them.  Staying at my house for 2 months will let them save some money to get an apartment.

We are working with another friend to secure an apartment.  

Roadhawk you are a good upstanding guy. I hope you are not inconvienenced too much.

I hear so much ...I need this
                       ...I want this
                       ...I should have this
                       ...I can't manage without this
                       ...I can't manage without that
                       ....I dont trust these
                       ....I don't trust them
                       ....I dont trust the police

It's great to hear someone caring about someone "ELSE" for a change

Good on you

Taffy

It seems there was a time you "Britts" trusted your Government.  Then they confiscated all your guns!!!  Go figure.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:36:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I live in the southwest corner of the state, so we had very little affects from the storm.
We contacted the local Christian radio station about 3hrs after the storm passed, to let them know we have room. We ended up with a preacher and his wife and daughter, as well as two cousins. ..and yes they are all black.
I'm married with four young children and we both work full time....and yes, we are white.

Put down the race card...and the "holy'er than thou" card... and the "I can't afford it" card...
contact a Christian organization AND HELP SOMEBODY !!

Not just anybody. The thugs and dregs of society that are floating around...the ones we refer to as "niggers"...will have to deal with the wrath of God themselves. It's the price to be paid for their way of living.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:41:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I volunteered to shelter 18-25 y.o. single women.  No response yet.  Maybe I shouldn't have included the pic of me in my leopard print robe, dark shades, and a sniffer of courvoisier.

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:49:49 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have 2 refugees coming to my house tomorrow.  They are relatives of a friend of mine.  We made a deal that they would keep my house clean in exchange for housing and food for 2 months.  They only have the clothes on their backs, so I will also buy them some clothes.

My friend has secured jobs for them.  Staying at my house for 2 months will let them save some money to get an apartment.

We are working with another friend to secure an apartment.  

Roadhawk you are a good upstanding guy. I hope you are not inconvienenced too much.

I hear so much ...I need this
                       ...I want this
                       ...I should have this
                       ...I can't manage without this
                       ...I can't manage without that
                       ....I dont trust these
                       ....I don't trust them
                       ....I dont trust the police

It's great to hear someone caring about someone "ELSE" for a change

Good on you

Taffy

It seems there was a time you "Britts" trusted your Government.  Then they confiscated all your guns!!!  Go figure.

Another person with not a lot of information who is too eagre to post
If all all our guns were confiscated where did mine come from and those owned by everyone else in the UK forum

Go figure.

Taffy
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:23:13 AM EDT
[#10]
A lighter note to a sad commentary:

I'm thinking a tenant with me wouldn't last very long.

I've got reloading going on, have 3 guns completely dismantled on 3 different tables, my BOB is being rebuilt and is scattered all over the bedroom floor, my 3 pair of work boots and 2 pair of mil boots have been cleaned and are awaiting Sno Seal, and my baseball equipment bag is spread on the living room floor waiting to be cleaned and stored for the year.

And right now I'm drinking coffee surfing a gun site.

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:32:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:42:14 AM EDT
[#12]
NFW.

I wouldn't expect the charity of others to take care of my family and I won't do the same for others.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:45:51 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I volunteer to take into my home, three single white, hispanic, or asian women,  ages 18 to 30,   if they
are at least a seven in the looks department, don't smoke or use drugs, are physically fit and have a
very healthy, BOTD-quality body, and between the three of them they can cook, clean, and mow the lawn.      

I require no fees of any kind from them.    As long as they attend to the business at hand (which is mostly ME),  they can stay as long as they like.

CJ

Although I agree with you on this one, my wife would kill me.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top